The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nintendo is suuuuuuper strict with this stuff. No way it's going anywhere unless it's up to their strange standards.
And maybe a quick refurb for a show is that, but they’d change the facade which I’d bet we would have seen work on by now.

I’m not against just a show for Zelda but this doesn’t sound right for the fact it’s rushed, and I doubt anything Nintendo hits Orlando before Epic Universe and Mario.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
The Lost Continent seriously needs a ride attraction though. It does makes me wonder if all Nintendo IPs at Epic Universe would stay there permanently or maybe some different Nintendo World pertaining to Mario and his friends, Kirby, Zelda, Splatoon, etc.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I feel Zelda is just close enough to HTTYD in design and aesthetic that it may not go to Epic Universe, so I feel this is the spot for it if it were to happen.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I feel Zelda is just close enough to HTTYD in design and aesthetic that it may not go to Epic Universe, so I feel this is the spot for it if it were to happen.

That would be cool, but it depends on Nintendo's and Universal's intention. We all know for the fact SNW was already being moved from USF to EU, so I don't think any part of SNW would be coming to USF anytime in the future. It makes me suspect that all Nintendo's IPs would stay at EU indefinitely unless they have plans for a separate Nintendo World pertaining to specific Nintendo IPs in different parks.

By the way, source of the “new” discussion around Zelda:

He says multiple times that this is not a new rumor, but my previous rumor was that both Sindbad and Poseidon would be leveled and replaced with a massive hybrid boat ride/suspended dark ride. His rumor in this new video is for a quick replacement at Poseidon, leaving the structure intact to open something fast. To me that’s new, no?

He says multiple times that this is not a new rumor, but my previous rumor was that both Sindbad and Poseidon would be leveled and replaced with a massive hybrid boat ride/suspended dark ride. His rumor in this new video is for a quick replacement at Poseidon, leaving the structure intact to open something fast. To me that’s new, no?

If you replace with a new attraction, then yes it is. It would be a bonus if Poseidon was replaced by a dark ride instead. I really wonder what that dark ride would be. If Zelda comes into IOA, Zelda would be placed to where the Poiseidon attraction is at. However, the Zelda attraction with mainly practical sets would be interesting.

A retheme of Poseidon with Zelda isn't the worst idea I've heard today...

Not everything needs to be a land after all

Reactions: anihilnation
I think this photo was taken after the closure, but a TM posted these. Looks like they're training to reopen?

Edit: Judging by some other tweets I've seen, this seems to be what's happening

tenor.gif

Reactions: Mad Dog
That would be cool, but it depends on Nintendo's and Universal's intention. We all know for the fact SNW was already being moved from USF to EU, so I don't think any part of SNW would be coming to USF anytime in the future. It makes me suspect that all Nintendo's IPs would stay at EU indefinitely unless they have plans for a separate Nintendo World pertaining to specific Nintendo IPs in different parks.
I think the theory they may keep Nintendo at EU is fair. I do think if any property were to move out of EU that’s from Nintendo, it’s Zelda.

Definitely new. I feel his channel often has many rumors that don’t turn out accurate though, but I may be misspoken.

Id just expect a lot to be re-worked on the facade, if this were to happen.

I think the theory they may keep Nintendo at EU is fair. I do think if any property were to move out of EU that’s from Nintendo, it’s Zelda.

Not at Islands of Adventure. Zelda is part of Nintendo, so it would be weird seeing Zelda with its own attraction and not have a SNW Zelda-based land on the LC area. If SNW at EU is intended to be for all Nintendo IPs rather than their own seperate IPs (Mario and his friends on one park, Zelda on the other, etc), it would feel out of place if Zelda alone is to ever move to where Poseidon is without a land. And I don't think Nintendo would allow it anyways.

Reactions: OrlLover
Not at Islands of Adventure. Zelda is part of Nintendo, so it would be weird seeing Zelda with its own attraction and not have a SNW Zelda-based land on the LC area. If SNW at EU is intended to be for all Nintendo IPs rather than their own seperate IPs (Mario and his friends on one park, Zelda on the other, etc), it would feel out of place if Zelda alone is to ever move to where Poseidon is without a land. And I don't think Nintendo would allow it anyways.
I agree, I wonder if these rumors are maybe coming up cause talk of Zelda can resume? One can hope.