The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Been watching videos of the land and the ride...

God the Lost Continent music is so good.

This will be one of the subtly big losses when the land is gone: a large chunk of the park's purpose-composed background music will be removed from circulation.

The Lost Continent loops are among the most atmospheric, mysterious, and/or evocative in any theme park.

Zelda will have amazing music, is prime for interactivity, and a well themed dark ride on any sort (boat ride preferred) fits perfectly. Whatever replaces Mythos is sure to be amazing as well.

I suspect this breaks ground late 2024 and we have a 2027 Late Summer/Fall opening here. That’s my prediction, I want I remember incase it happens!

This will be one of the subtly big losses when the land is gone: a large chunk of the park's purpose-composed background music will be removed from circulation.

The Lost Continent loops are among the most atmospheric, mysterious, and/or evocative in any theme park.
Trying not to sounds like one of those "back in the good 'ol days" types, but the amount of cohesion IoA had prior to Hogsmeade (and even then!) is really something special. Obviously, time marches on and things change, and we can't do anything about it, but it's a bit bittersweet for me to look back on. Probably a bit rich from me since I never experience IoA prior to Hogsmeade, but I'm a sucker for unified aesthetics, LOL.

Regardless, I'm very excited to see what a Zelda land entails. I'm not into the series, but what I've learned about it via osmosis makes me optimistic for this.

Agreed. Maybe they could move them to Port of Entry and work them in with the current loop? If Mythos stays they could delegate the loops to the immediate entryway of the restaurant not to disturb Hyrule. It would be a shame to see them completely go away

I feel Pokemon was originally set for Kid Zone, but after realizing they wanna wait until re-investment, they went with DreamWorks.

Now (if Legacy's comment on the Discord wasn't a joke), Pokemon might be set as the Simpsons replacement?
To a degree, Pokemon sounds about right This would likely be the 2028 addition. Any word on what this Pokemon attraction would entail? and would this take over just Springfield/Simpsons or MIB as well? Would this get ported over to USH as well or be exclusive to USF?

To a degree, Pokemon sounds about right This would likely be the 2028 addition. Any word on what this Pokemon attraction would entail? and would this take over just Springfield/Simpsons or MIB as well? Would this get ported over to USH as well or be exclusive to USF?

Pokemon gonna be at all of the parks with the merchandise revenue being the sole reason.

Yea, one way or another it will be at all the resorts.

If/when a big Pokemon land comes to USF, I'd expect it to take Simpsons and MIB.
At Hollywood It can take over their Simpsons Ride as well and If they can reconfigure the tram stop they could put an E ticket in that plot of land as well.

At Hollywood It can take over their Simpsons Ride as well and If they can reconfigure the tram stop they could put an E ticket in that plot of land as well.
I have to assume whenever Simpsons ride closes it will be demolished, or at the very least completely gutted. I don't think that ride system can last many more years as is. But if whatever they design to go there can fit in USH, that would probably make sense.

(Everyone is sad to see Poseidon go, but I'm gonna miss Fast Food Boulevard when that happens!)

What are the iconic settings a Zelda land would depict? What is unique about the modern Zelda aesthetic? How would a land based on Breath of the Wild appeal to someone raised on the first three or four Zelda games (“Why isn’t Gannon a big pig in this ride”)?

Mario can support an even larger land then he has. Heck, that IP alone warranted the HP treatment, with DK and Luigi each getting full lands. Pokémon would be perfect for a land. Other then that, I’m dubious of the Nintendo properties each warranting a full land. Now, a combined Nintendo land, with Zelda, Metroid, and Splatoon sections? That’s more viable.

PS: A Zelda land becomes an even worse idea when we remember that LotR is credibly rumored to get an expansion land at EU - THAT’S a fantasy property that can support a land.

Last edited:
I think they realized that Pokemon is best reserved for Diagon-esque expansion where they can build a Tokyo cityscape to fit in with the other lands at USF, and then hide the actual Pokemon land.
This seriously needs to happen.

I really feel Simpsons/KidZone was the best place for it but since that isn't possible anymore... FFL/MIB could work as well.

What are the iconic settings a Zelda land would depict? What is unique about the modern Zelda aesthetic? How would a land based on Breath of the Wild appeal to someone raised on the first three or four Zelda games (“Why isn’t Gannon a big pig in this ride”)?
What? Super Nintendo World was based on 3D World and Mario Kart 8, the older games are barely referenced at all. Why is Zelda any different?

Reactions: Nico
Calamity Ganon is literally a big pig at the beginning and end of the game.

The Lost Woods, Great Deku Tree, Zora's Domain, Castle Hyrule, Death Mountain/Goron City. All locations that have been in basically every Zelda game are in Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom.

The nature of the franchise is also that it's cyclical. It could use that aesthetic base and be set 1000 years after those games after Hyrule is rebuilt.
Mario can support an even larger land then he has. Heck, that IP alone warranted the HP treatment, with DK and Luigi each getting full lands. Pokémon would be perfect for a land. Other then that, I’m dubious of the Nintendo properties each warranting a full land. Now, a combined Nintendo land, with Zelda, Metroid, and Splatoon sections? That’s more viable.

PS: A Zelda land becomes an even worse idea when we remember that LotR is credibly rumored to get an expansion land at EU - THAT’S a fantasy property that can support a land.
Yes, why have two great fantasy properties in your parks when you can have one instead.

Okay, now you're just making up things to be concerned about.
Not at all. Mario worked because the substance of the franchise is very familiar to both kids AND nostalgic adults. Zelda isn’t. A land with a unified aesthetic won’t trigger the nostalgia of someone who grew up on Link to the Past AND someone who grew up on Wind Waker AND someone who grew up on Breath of the Wild.

Not at all. Mario worked because the substance of the franchise is very familiar to both kids AND nostalgic adults. Zelda isn’t. A land with a unified aesthetic won’t trigger the nostalgia of someone who grew up on Link to the Past AND someone who grew up on Wind Waker AND someone who grew up on Breath of the Wild.
I grew up with all of these and you are reaching tremendously.

With all due respect, what on Gaia's green earth are you talking about? How is Zelda ANY different?!

Reactions: Tbad556
Hyrule Castle is in at least 14 Zelda games (including WW and BotW). The Great Deku Tree is in 5 Zelda games (including WW and BotW). The Lost Woods are in 12 games (including WW and BotW). Etc. This is quite literally not an issue.