The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 192 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the criticism is well-warranted unfortunately. I don't think you shutter almost every single show across both parks, lose your nighttime show, and parade... plus have attractions that aren't up to par... and say, "Hey guys, we're starting to sound like Disney fans. We need to chill." Not really. It's okay to expect more of your world-class theme parks when they're in this state with very few signs, as far as we know, to make any significant improvements in these areas for years.
A new nighttime show is coming to USF, as well as a rumored new parade. The show issue is very real, for sure.

We know that, but not 99% of guests lol
Do we have inside into on guest surveys thinking the parks are brown and they need more entertainment? They need more entertainment surely, but until I hear that’s happening I’m not sure it’s as big of a deal as forum members make it.

It's Islands of Adventure. Those are the key motifs. Port of Entry has nothing to do with books, literature, or written works. And I'm curious to hear what Poseidon's Fury had to do with them either.
Although I totally agree that IOA being based on books has always been just a fan theory, I would say Poseidon's Fury is based on the longstanding greek mythology (including written works)

Reactions: BuschAfrica
Do we have inside into on guest surveys thinking the parks are brown and they need more entertainment? They need more entertainment surely, but until I hear that’s happening I’m not sure it’s as big of a deal as forum members make it.
Customer survey demands, in order…
1. Less simulators
2. More roller coasters
3. Better food variety

99. More live entertainment

Not to invalidate anybody here’s opinion…but among the largest segment of customers that go to Universal live entertainment just isn’t a priority.

1. Less simulators
2. More roller coasters
3. Better food variety

Not to invalidate anybody here’s opinion…but among the largest segment of customers that go to Universal live entertainment just isn’t a priority.
Interesting, if this is true: it seems like Epic Universe is fixing all those problems. No simulators, plenty of coasters, and it’s rumors to have many food options. Now let’s transition those back to the regular parks.

1. Less simulators
2. More roller coasters
3. Better food variety

I agree with the list of priorities, but Universal unfortunately was never known for its live entertainment due to its unfortunate track record... so people kinda view it as an afterthought. You should see the responses that Horror Makeup, Bourne, WaterWorld, Grinchmas, and Nightmare Fuel get. Universal does know how to create a great and well-received show... and they will fill those seats if the show is great. The problem is that during regular park operations, you only have Bourne and Horror Makeup for the entirety of the resort which are solid stage shows. Animal Actors is a dated concept that can rarely attract more than 100-200 guests a show in a massive 1K seat theater.

In short, it's not a priority for guests because Universal has never made it a priority. They have prioritized thrill rides over family stage shows. Not for a lack of trying, just a mix of spectacular failures (Sinbad, Toon Lagoon, Fear Factor, etc.) that end up causing them to question future projects.

I think saying that LC is completely shuttered is a bit of an exaggeration. It lost it's headlining attraction, but it still has a sit down restaurant, a bunch of shops, a couple of entertainment options and some quick service dining. If it was all construction walls between Seuss Landing and Hogsmeade, it would be much more of an emergency to deal with. If The Simpsons Ride goes seasonal or closes, it will be a fairly similar scenario over on the Studios side.

In short, it's not a priority for guests because Universal has never made it a priority. They have prioritized thrill rides over family stage shows. Not for a lack of trying, just a mix of spectacular failures (Sinbad, Toon Lagoon, Fear Factor, etc.) that end up causing them to question future projects.
I mean, I guess, but it’s not like this has hurt them. Prioritizing live entertainment isn’t going to change what people want more of.

I think saying that LC is completely shuttered is a bit of an exaggeration. It lost it's headlining attraction, but it still has a sit down restaurant, a bunch of shops, a couple of entertainment options and some quick service dining. If it was all construction walls between Seuss Landing and Hogsmeade, it would be much more of an emergency to deal with. If The Simpsons Ride goes seasonal or closes, it will be a fairly similar scenario over on the Studios side.
I mean there is quite literally zero attractions in the land now, it would be kinda embarrassing to live it open for many years without a replacements. Like at least put a temporary show in Sinbad theater lol

Reactions: IzzyB
1. Less simulators
2. More roller coasters
3. Better food variety

But what do they say on the survey when they ask about wait times? I know they ask those types of questions. Because entertainment especially in large theaters can spread out crowds and cause lower wait times.

But what do they say on the survey when they ask about wait times? I know they ask those types of questions. Because entertainment especially in large theaters can spread out crowds and cause lower wait times.
Wait times always score low…but that’s at every company. Apple gets complaints about Genius Bar appointments, stadiums get complaints about parking/concessions lines, hotels get complaints about check-in times (or even sometimes how long elevators take). Universal just happens to take it on the chin for rides, but those comments come through almost as frequently in the dead of February as they do in the peak of Christmas. People in general just hate waiting.

Reactions: Nico
Wait times always score low…but that’s at every company. Apple gets complaints about Genius Bar appointments, stadiums get complaints about parking/concessions lines, hotels get complaints about check-in times (or even sometimes how long elevators take). Universal just happens to take it on the chin for rides, but those comments come through almost as frequently in the dead of February as they do in the peak of Christmas. People in general just hate waiting.
I am curious to see the waits in February. I have only seen wait times since day after Christmas and they have been insane.

I am curious to see the waits in February. I have only seen wait times since day after Christmas and they have been insane.
Weekdays at Universal aren't bad now except for Holiday times during the past 8 or 9 months. . Seems like weekends are almost all busy since covid. Guessing the locals swamp the parks on weekends. Even weekdays were busy in 2022 up until mid spring break 2023. Then Orlando quieted down a bit at Universal and Disney. Feb. will get busy for Valentines Day week and real busy for Presidents week. Pres. week has become one of WDW's busiest holidays.

Last edited:
Weekdays at Universal aren't bad now except for Holiday times during the past 8 or 9 months. . Seems like weekends are almost all busy since covid. Guessing the locals swamp the parks on weekends. Even weekdays were busy in 2022 up until mid spring break 2023. Then Orlando quieted down a bit at Universal and Disney. Feb. will get busy for Valentines Day and real busy for Presidents week. Pres. week has become one of WDW's busiest holidays.
I do see the waits dropped today. But I did randomly check last week and it was still pretty high. I knew waits would be high, it is why I got express after 4. I just don't think I was expecting 100+ so often nor express lines being busy. I will say express was WAY better this weekend compared to the other times. Mummy was still bad, but ET we actually did since it wasn't 25 minutes this time and a bunch were pretty much walk on for express.