Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

I mean, the Forbidden Forest tho..

I like the idea of Whoville, but I'd say do the Grinch coaster in the expansion plot and put Lorax in a filing cabinet..

Although Kong and Potter have somewhat ruined the intention, I still think it is important to keep the 'islands' idea around in IOA..you know, crossing a bridge to get to the next land...again, I know Potter and Kong have somewhat ruined it, but I'd like to keep it where we can

Also - The idea of Universal redoing Cat with the AA tech they have recently used would be amazing
If you want Forbidden Forest, bulldozing DC would give you more land than LC, honestly :lol:

J.K. Rowling wants DC gone or changed to be more immersive like FJ/Gringotts, so Universal might just decide to build Potter 3.0 in the DC plot. Forbidden Forest for IOA, Fantastic Beasts for USF - sounds like a reasonable plan.

I'd like to see both Grinch and Lorax because it would finally round out Seuss Landing as a land on par with Fantasyland.

They can still do that even if they remove LC...
For example, one idea I've had for a while is a Wizard of Oz replacement for LC. Replace PF with a WoZ dark ride that anyone can ride, and replace Sinbad with an abridged Wicked show that anyone can watch.
Add some sort of unique flat ride almost anyone can ride (maybe even a parachute drop type ride in Emerald City as rumored for the Wonka LC replacement) and it'd be about a perfect use of the space.

If we don't get more Potter or more Seuss, Oz/Wicked would be an excellent choice and fit the loose literature motif of IOA.

J.K. Rowling wants DC gone or changed to be more immersive like FJ/Gringotts.

She signed off on it already, that ship has sailed. Now Universal might want to upgrade or change at some point, but I don't believe she or Warner Brothers (who actually oversees the licensing) can do much about it after they signed off on it unless it is not being maintained in accordance with the contracts.

I really really really... really.. miss the enchanted oak tavern and the old entrance to Dueling Dragons. They got rid of the coolest part of the park. Granted they replaced it with something just as awesome.
I loved Merlin Woods but Harry saved the park. It was a necessary trade off. Who knows, maybe Merlin Woods will reappear in the new park?

I loved Merlin Woods but Harry saved the park. It was a necessary trade off. Who knows, maybe Merlin Woods will reappear in the new park?

In a strange way; I think that would actually be a good idea.

Like it or not, Merlin; King Arthur and countless other stories can lead to amazing attractions for the theme parks. And while I doubt that they will, it would actually be a great idea.

I disagree....theme parks need to move away from the romansque, gothic, and anglo-saxon architecture as you can find it in almost every theme park in America. Whereas Universal would plus it and make it seem grander, it still is a way overdone concept in US theme parks.

]
I disagree....theme parks need to move away from the romansque, gothic, and anglo-saxon architecture as you can find it in almost every theme park in America. Whereas Universal would plus it and make it seem grander, it still is a way overdone concept in US theme parks.

I agree. My daughter loves the look of the Lost Continent, but I think too much of it would be boring.

How do you know this?
It's been mentioned before in other threads she's never been exactly hot about DC and only signed off on DC staying initially due to the fact that Universal was pretty much broke and could only afford to retheme Merlin Woods and add FJ :lol: plus, it's obvious even to non-theme park buffs the DC track breaks the immersion of Hogsmeade and its queue (its saving grace) had been ruined during the Potter re-theme. Plus, they don't duel anymore, so their two best features are now gone.

Now that Universal Creative has a significantly larger amount of money to work with, I could see Rowling inquiring about replacing DC with something as immersive as FJ, Gringotts, HE or Ollivanders.

Surely not a lock, but I'd rather see a Forbidden Forest expansion where DC is than Ministry of Magic or Fantastic Beasts. Then LC can be spared (probably not :lol:)

It's been mentioned before in other threads she's never been exactly hot about DC and only signed off on DC staying initially due to the fact that Universal was pretty much broke and could only afford to retheme Merlin Woods and add FJ :lol: plus, it's obvious even to non-theme park buffs the DC track breaks the immersion of Hogsmeade and its queue (its saving grace) had been ruined during the Potter re-theme. Plus, they don't duel anymore, so their two best features are now gone.

Now that Universal Creative has a significantly larger amount of money to work with, I could see Rowling inquiring about replacing DC with something as immersive as FJ, Gringotts, HE or Ollivanders.

Surely not a lock, but I'd rather see a Forbidden Forest expansion where DC is than Ministry of Magic or Fantastic Beasts. Then LC can be spared (probably not :lol:)
Forbidden Forest outdoor/indoor attraction would be wonderful...I would love to ride in a Ford Angela from the movie...

I think an indoor coaster themed to the Forbidden Forest would be incredible.
Oooh yes... I like that idea! Characters that I don't recall seeing already in forbidden journey that could perhaps be featured.... Depending on when the story was set......The centaurs...werewolf....grawp.......hagrid and fang out looking to see who was killing the unicorn (he who shall not be named as a semi human) .....dementors...etc etc