The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pretty sure every generation hates the next generation's pop culture.

I don't recognize any of the musical guest star names on SNL, that's how I know I'm getting old. And I hate so many movies nowadays. Kid's cartoons are garbage compared to what I liked. And don't even get me started on toys. Why are all the dolls and animal plush's eyes so big now? And the performers in the Super Bowl halftime show shouldn't show so much skin. Put on a shirt!

But aren't things like that just my opinions, based on my personal point of view?
Idiocracy becoming real life isn’t normal. Camacho becoming President is not normal. Our Society is on the brink of collapse.

Idiocracy becoming real life isn’t normal. Camacho becoming President is not normal. Our Society is on the brink of collapse.

There's some reactionary stuff that's happening from society, some regarding nationalism and fear. But overall society is heading in the right direction.

Sindbad closing was a sign of this. :) Keep in mind the show was made from the era you are nostalgic about. By today's standards it's terrible and needed to be closed.

Reactions: JoeCamel
For those who think the (TPU rumor, emphasis on the word rumor) that LOTR may take over Toon Lagoon, what IP would people want to replace Lost Continent? I feel everyone points towards Zelda. Which to me, is just a tad to similar for the GP (sorry to dumb them down but you get the point) to LOTR. If not Zelda, what fits best here? Part of me thinks this is ultimately where HTTYD should have gone, and could be opening sooner than EU, if the rumor is true that HTTYD was rumored to replace Lost Continent. For revisionists history sake, id have gone with HTTYD at Lost Continent for a 2021/2022 opening, and gone for Trolls for EU. Trolls is a major sell amongst kids, could lead itself to a very colorful and immserive environment. A coaster and boat ride and show would likely suffice, along with maybe a spinning ride like the one in Toy Story land, themed with music and a Troll AA in the middle.

BUT since that's not happening:

In this hypothetical, id personally go with KFP from Beijing. IOA has a major issue when it rains as a lot of their main attractions are outdoors/a coaster. KFP is indoors, has a boat ride (which could replace Dudley's if that land hypothetically becomes LOTR and gets that raft ride) highly immersive which is what Universal wants, would add another family friendly IP to Islands, and id hope would have an awesome Chinese restaurant attached to replace Mythos. Just an idea, as I don't see LC being replaced until after EU. Mythos is too popular for them to do that id think. Anyways, just my thoughts on where the land should go. Id really like to see KFP hit the states in a stronger capacity than the Dreamworks Theatre.

I don't think LOTR will go into IOA if it does happen, personally. I think EU seems like the more likely candidate. Easier to build such a massive land from scratch rather than fitting it into an already designed spot.

Personally, I'd love to see Lost Continent stay Lost Continent if LOTR went to IoA. Rip out PF/Sindbad and replace it with a big, exciting ride. Make some smaller scale shows. Really play up the Greek Mythology angle.

That being said, I think Zelda goes here, and LOTR (should it happen) goes to EU.

I don't think LOTR will go into IOA if it does happen, personally. I think EU seems like the more likely candidate. Easier to build such a massive land from scratch rather than fitting it into an already designed spot.

Personally, I'd love to see Lost Continent stay Lost Continent if LOTR went to IoA. Rip out PF/Sindbad and replace it with a big, exciting ride. Make some smaller scale shows. Really play up the Greek Mythology angle.

That being said, I think Zelda goes here, and LOTR (should it happen) goes to EU.
To spread Nintendo out this is the move, yes. I don't disagree with LOTR going to EU however. If thats the case then yes, this should be Zelda. It'll be interesting to see how everything eventually plays out at Universal once the 3rd gate is open, much more difficult to plan things out as now they got 3 parks to choose from lol, good problems to have. I do worry it may leave some parts of the parks incredibly outdated. We have kid zone now cause of this park so... just worries me. Not as much with LC but with other parts of the current UOR parks.

I like the idea that every island in Islands of Adventure is themed to some form of literature (even Skull Island; the novelization of King Kong, the original movie, came first), but the idea of having Kung Fu Panda in there is also intriguing, so what about pivoting Lost Continent to focus on ancient literature from the East, rather than the West? The Ramayana, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Journey to the West, and somewhere in there, you’d have a Panda attraction of some type.

Poseidon’s fury showing a 30 minute wait! Woohoo!! I hope It stays open by my trip!
PF is one of my favorite attractions, especially with the refurbs from two years ago. It has that 'classic Universal vibe'....and it's a nice change of pace from coaster and simulator attractions. It's especially good if you get one of the better guides.

PF is one of my favorite attractions, especially with the refurbs from two years ago. It has that 'classic Universal vibe'....and it's a nice change of pace from coaster and simulator attractions. It's especially good if you get one of the better guides.
My family hated doing anything that wasn’t a ride, so I have sadly never done this attraction. It’s my #1 to do frankly for the next time I visit. Have had loads of meals right across at Mythos, but my family never was willing to go in

My family hated doing anything that wasn’t a ride, so I have sadly never done this attraction. It’s my #1 to do frankly for the next time I visit. Have had loads of meals right across at Mythos, but my family never was willing to go in
Make sure your legs aren’t tired before going in. I firmly believe most people don’t enjoy it because they expect to sit. Whether ride or show. It’s a standing show. But it’s a cool and one of a kind experience.

Make sure your legs aren’t tired before going in. I firmly believe most people don’t enjoy it because they expect to sit. Whether ride or show. It’s a standing show. But it’s a cool and one of a kind experience.
Oh it doesn’t bother me one bit, but for my family
It seemed like a hassle. I was there last September for like 2 full days and an evening, and was supppsed to be on property for 10 days this last April so I didn’t do it then either to save it for the April trip haha. Ugh.

Reactions: Wonders_Of_Life
Oh it doesn’t bother me one bit, but for my family
It seemed like a hassle. I was there last September for like 2 full days and an evening, and was supppsed to be on property for 10 days this last April so I didn’t do it then either to save it for the April trip haha. Ugh.
Best on a hot humid day. The air conditioning in the dark minotaur type passageways may well be the best at any Orlando theme park.

Best on a hot humid day. The air conditioning in the dark minotaur type passageways may well be the best at any Orlando theme park.
I’m honestly dying to see this attraction lol that sounds wonderful. As long as LC doesn’t close in the next 2-3 years I should definitely be able to see this someday since I’ll be without my stupid fam :)

Reactions: tielo and Mad Dog