The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Looking at this video of the Islands of Adventure Preview Center in 1997, the way Merlin described the area sounded so exciting and fun, like it's out of this very world. Almost 22 years later after the area opened, it doesn't seemed exciting as the Sinbad show is so cringy and the Dueling Dragons was a non-themed roller coaster. The only good themed attraction is Poseidon's Adventure, that's really good and exhilarating, but even so, it's a themed show and not a themed ride like the Mummy one at USF, and doesn't have a lot of fanbase. A real shame the LC doesn't have the potential over the years, as other popular IPs gets in the area's way. Just hopefully the Zelda area will make their way into replacing it if the Epic Universe delay will continue stand on the way of making SNW there.

Looking at this video of the Islands of Adventure Preview Center in 1997, the way Merlin described the area sounded so exciting and fun, like it's out of this very world. Almost 22 years later after the area opened, it doesn't seemed exciting as the Sinbad show is so cringy and the Dueling Dragons was a non-themed roller coaster. The only good themed attraction is Poseidon's Adventure, that's really good and exhilarating, but even so, it's a themed show and not a themed ride like the Mummy one at USF, and doesn't have a lot of fanbase. A real shame the LC doesn't have the potential over the years, as other popular IPs gets in the area's way. Just hopefully the Zelda area will make their way into replacing it if the Epic Universe delay will continue stand on the way of making SNW there.

All of the parts of LC worked together to make a very engaging whole...It was great for the time

Potter is far more superior in every way though

Por que no? Besides, of course, saving Last Continent.
Waterworld in Orlando, I think, would end up being a reality check of sorts. It works in Japan and Beijing because the people who go there want the exotic stuff; what works for Hollywood works for them. The general populace of Orlando know Waterworld is a Hollywood thing and may question why it would be installed now, rather than in 1995. I figure that if Waterworld were meant to be in both American Universal parks, they’d both be built by now.

I’d posit that, between using the same stunt company and using a more contemporary IP (by comparison), The Bourne Stuntacular was created so that Orlando would have a spiritual successor of sorts to Waterworld.

Waterworld in Orlando, I think, would end up being a reality check of sorts. It works in Japan and Beijing because the people who go there want the exotic stuff; what works for Hollywood works for them. The general populace of Orlando know Waterworld is a Hollywood thing and may question why it would be installed now, rather than in 1995. I figure that if Waterworld were meant to be in both American Universal parks, they’d both be built by now.

I’d posit that, between using the same stunt company and using a more contemporary IP (by comparison), The Bourne Stuntacular was created so that Orlando would have a spiritual successor of sorts to Waterworld.

Not only do I agree with most of what you are saying--but I could actually see down the road, if Hollywood decides to put an end to Waterworld--Bourne would be inbound to take it's place.

That area's been seemingly a hub for Stunt Shows in Hollywood. Would make sense--especially given the lack of other options for that area.

I think Mythos could be rethemed to something like the Zoran Royal Banquet Hall.

Oddly, there's an interesting thought that comes to my mind as I see this.

Could they do -Two- Zelda lands in one? Split one half of LC to a mini Hyrule Castle, vertical in scale to that of Super Nintendo World--with a unique layout that draws inspiration from their past games. And then, have the section before Seuss be something completely themed to that of the Zora and more wilderness like.

Reactions: richjagr
When it comes to the potential of Nintendo properties, once you get past Mario & Co. and arguably Pokemon, you start getting into riskier territories with Nintendo IP's. Even Zelda, which is arguably the number 3 spot, doesn't have near the marketing appeal or audience of the first two (which is why it was originally given a relatively small part in the original SNW).

Who knows, and maybe Universal doesn't view an entire area dedicated to Zelda as as much of a risk, but I really struggle to see Zelda take over an entire section of a park without serious justification.

When it comes to the potential of Nintendo properties, once you get past Mario & Co. and arguably Pokemon, you start getting into riskier territories with Nintendo IP's. Even Zelda, which is arguably the number 3 spot, doesn't have near the marketing appeal or audience of the first two (which is why it was originally given a relatively small part in the original SNW).

Who knows, and maybe Universal doesn't view an entire area dedicated to Zelda as as much of a risk, but I really struggle to see Zelda take over an entire section of a park without serious justification.
I think Zelda taking over what's left of Lost Continent is a pretty low stakes proposition. They could do it for a reasonably lower price tag. Replace PF with a ride, rework Sindbad into a Zelda show, retheme Mythos. Maybe add a play area in somewhere.

Overall I think it could be relatively inexpensive, and would still guarantee significantly more revenue comes out of that part of the park

Maybe this is just a fans perspective thinking, and not that 2 castles can’t exist in the same park, but Hyrule Castle and Hogwarts are both just large castles, would they want them right next to each other? If anytbing Hyrule being where TL is makes sense as the environment is going to play a massive part in a successful Zelda land.

More so, 2 massive castles literally next to each other. In my eyes there’s a slight difference if it’s over in TL rather than LC, could just be a me thing though.

Maybe this is just a fans perspective thinking, and not that 2 castles can’t exist in the same park, but Hyrule Castle and Hogwarts are both just large castles, would they want them right next to each other? If anytbing Hyrule being where TL is makes sense as the environment is going to play a massive part in a successful Zelda land.

More so, 2 massive castles literally next to each other. In my eyes there’s a slight difference if it’s over in TL rather than LC, could just be a me thing though.
If I was building a Zelda land, especially one based off Breath of the Wild, I wouldn't even build Hyrule Castle