The Future of MIB | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of MIB

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rode this recently on 5/14. I'm still upset they killed the first two pre-shows. That said, I was surprised at well this ride holds up 24 years later. When I rode, the AAs still looked cool, and worked well. It doesn't feel or look like a ride that is 24 years old now. Still easily the best family competitive shooter in Florida, easily blows all the others out of the water.

Rode this recently on 5/14. I'm still upset they killed the first two pre-shows. That said, I was surprised at well this ride holds up 24 years later. When I rode, the AAs still looked cool, and worked well. It doesn't feel or look like a ride that is 24 years old now. Still easily the best family competitive shooter in Florida, easily blows all the others out of the water.
Not killed, just dying lol

They rarely run the first one as designed, and the elevators tend to stay open when attendance is low... but they still do it on busy days.,

as a single rider i completely forgot about those, i dont even remember them

In general, with all the recent enhancements MIB has gotten recently, the ride is definitely safe through the rest of the decade. However, I do think it's possible that whatever replaces the vacant FFL stage could be used to anchor an entirely new area. In that case I could see MIB going away for either a new ride. But that's a ways off considering Universal's priorities right now include getting EU up and running, the HRRR replacement, Pokemon replacing Simpsons, Zelda in IOA, and possible EU expansions like Luigi's Mansion.

Figured I'd cross-post this from the misc refurb thread, but MIB recently got new lockers which are vertical/upright, allowing you to store your freestyle cup without having to empty it!

Amazing that none of the other locker refurbs thought to do this lol

Reactions: RGMick77