The Future of PortAventura | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of PortAventura

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Perhaps it could be a Singapore Park type of situation. Universal has no ownership stake in it, but makes money through licensing and certain management assistance.

Perhaps it could be a Singapore Park type of situation. Universal has no ownership stake in it, but makes money through licensing and certain management assistance.
Nope, this appears to be as direct of a takeover as you can get (though they don't seem to be the only investors).

If Universal ever left the park, it was because of the ruinous economic state of the company at that time. Vivendi sold parts of Universal Studios for scraps and their youngest resort (Universal Mediterranea) sadly didnt make the cut. Not because it was bad, but because it was the least developed at that point in time.

Disney already knows about the deal. That's why they have given Disneyland Paris a big % of the 60 billion to be invested in their parks for the next 10 years. When I say big, it's BIG.
They are afraid, and rightfully so.

Reactions: tankart150
Must have different definitions of proof, because I have not seen any. Still just speculation and "could be", or "probably". Nothing actually definitive and irrefutable.
Definitive and irrefutable? Are you expecting a picture of a signed contract or something like that? There is irrefutable and definitive proof of the Zelda land that is given as true? Any pictures or maps of the land?

There is irrefutable and definitive proof of the Zelda land that is given as true? Any pictures or maps of the land?
To be fair, the little Zelda proof we have seen has been blue sky concept art shared by artists on their personal online portfolios. So no, we don’t know for sure that it is happening. As we’ve seen in the past, until we see the land actually under construction at Islands of Adventure, Universal can still cancel any current plans or change their minds, if it’s even happening at all.

I reported in 2017 that Super Nintendo World was coming to KidZone at Universal Studios Florida, because there were detailed permits filed, site plans submitted, and even work walls up around the area… and it still didn’t happen. Since then, I never say anything is DEFINITELY happening until I see it actually happen.

Because things can change.

It’s not that I have my doubts, I have my sources.

I was not surprised by the Vegas and Texas announcements. But I would be by this, because as far as I’ve heard, Universal isn’t buying it.

Things could always change, especially as the park is shopping around for a buyer now, but Comcast hasn’t bought it yet, and I haven’t heard they will.

They may be the obvious front runner to buy it according to the press, but so was Merlin to purchase SeaWorld parks a few years ago, and that didn’t happen either. Just because the press, U.S. American or otherwise, says a company may be the clear choice to buy a park, doesn’t mean they will.

The press has also said Apple will buy Disney. Now they say Universal will buy Warner Bros. And so on. They say lots of things to get clicks. And sometimes they’re right, eventually. But not all times.
Quoting to agree.

To be fair, the little Zelda proof we have seen has been blue sky concept art shared by artists on their personal online portfolios. So no, we don’t know for sure that it is happening. As we’ve seen in the past, until we see the land actually under construction at Islands of Adventure, Universal can still cancel any current plans or change their minds, if it’s even happening at all.

I reported in 2017 that Super Nintendo World was coming to KidZone at Universal Studios Florida, because there were detailed permits filed, site plans submitted, and even work walls up around the area… and it still didn’t happen. Since then, I never say anything is DEFINITELY happening until I see it actually happen.

Because things can change.
Of course, nothing is definitive and things can change. However EVERYTHING brought here with data has not been given the benefit of the doubt. We've had the CEO saying he wants the next IP to be Harry Potter, the park recently using IP references amidst all the rumors, the press naming Universal as a candidate... And nothing has made you to even consider looking into it because for you it's a clear no.

Even the sale of Port Aventura was leaked here months before it was confirmed by KKR and Investindustrial.

It seems that the only way for information from Europe to be considered is a piece of paper with a signature.

And nothing has made you to even consider looking into it because for you it's a clear no.
I put a lot of time and effort into looking into it. I started working on a rumor article and video a year ago. I even mentioned it as a possibility in a couple videos I released last year around that time.

After digging and digging I found no concrete proof. That’s what I’m saying here and now. Sure it can still happen, I’m saying that I see no evidence that it has.

I put a lot of time and effort into looking into it. I started working on a rumor article and video a year ago. I even mentioned it as a possibility in a couple videos I released last year around that time.

After digging and digging I found no concrete proof. That’s what I’m saying here and now. Sure it can still happen, I’m saying that I see no evidence that it has.
With all due respect because I think you do a great job, haven't you considered that you may not have all the information?

The information that has been given here comes from sources that have been reporting all moves since January beforehand every movement of Port Aventura. New Carnival opening, early hours, digital queuing system, Uncharted pictures, Halloween plans, layoffs, new hires (we even gave you the name of the new CFO, Boulva), schedules, communications... and it has all happened.

In April a tiktok about the sale to Universal went viral in Spain giving the announcement date for Halloween, and here we are in October with news about the sale of the resort.

With all due respect because I think you do a great job, haven't you considered that you may not have all the information?

The information that has been given here comes from sources that have been reporting all moves since January beforehand every movement of Port Aventura. New Carnival opening, early hours, digital queuing system, Uncharted pictures, Halloween plans, layoffs, new hires (we even gave you the name of the new CFO, Boulva), schedules, communications... and it has all happened.

In April a tiktok about the sale to Universal went viral in Spain giving the announcement date for Halloween, and here we are in October with news about the sale of the resort.
Great. So I’ll celebrate the sale when and if it’s announced on Halloween. For the sake of this thread finally getting somewhere I’ll be happy if it happens that soon.

As I’ve said countless times though, all these moves feel like a park preparing for sale, or exploring options. Potter can be licensed for experiences outside of Universal parks. People can change jobs without Universal bankrolling it. Investing in new attractions are one way parks make themselves attractive to any prospective buyer. And little nods to Universal properties in official social media posts may be the park attempting to court Universal. Sure.

But none of that proves Universal is actually interested anymore.

If I hear anything from my end I’ll share it here. Otherwise I’ll keep waiting for this all to finally end, one way or another, so we can move on to the next rumors.

Whether Universal buys this park or not, doesn’t change the fact that the division rebranded itself as Destinations and Experiences to branch out to more than just theme parks, so I’m interested in digging into more possibilities than just Spain right now. There’s a whole world out there. If this happens, cool. If not, I’m curious as to what may be next instead.

If the sale happens that you get to brag about it and people will view you as credible. I certainly think this would be a good move for universal. This park has a lot of good stuff to work with and ferrari land can be expanded into a more true second gate. I am not sure why people would think universal should start for scratch in Europe with a new resort, Given constructions costs it will be absolutely cheaper to buy this resort and expand.

19 days and we’ll know one way or the other.

Pablo if you see anything out there between now and then, feel free to continue posting it so we can all examine it.

But just a reminder, just because it’s posted here, doesn’t make it a fact. We follow a “rumored” until its confirmed mentality here. People are allowed to believe what they want based on the evidence they have.

Alicia has some of the best evidence of anyone out there. Many people are gonna trust her because she’s established and has a huge amount of respect.

Your team has thrown down the gauntlet of Oct 31st - both with mention of the tik tok and Mariah (which notoriously starts Nov 1st). So we will wait for that date and see who’s evidence is stronger.

19 days and we’ll know. 1 way or the other. Now we wait.

Pablo if you see anything out there between now and then, feel free to continue posting it so we can all examine it.

But just a reminder, just because it’s posted here, doesn’t make it a fact. We follow a “rumored” until its confirmed mentality here. People are allowed to believe what they want based on the evidence they have.

Alicia has some of the best evidence of anyone out there. Many people are gonna trust her because she’s established and has a huge amount of respect and trust.

Your team has thrown down the gauntlet of Oct 31st - both with mention of the tik tok and Mariah (which notoriously starts Nov 1st). So we will wait for that date and see who’s evidence is stronger.
Winner gets Minion Tots

The latest rumor in spanish forums is that Universal has hired several DLP employees to work at their future european resort, going as far as giving names, for example Frédéric Boulva would be the replacement for Giovanni Modena, current COO at PortAventura.

Not my information, just sharing what I've seen over there and leaving written proof in case they are right
Wow, things getting heated over here, I'm quoting myself just to keep track of what I said.

I'll just add that from what I heard, the DLP guy will start in november and then more people will start at the start of the new year, and the new owner(Universal or not) will be announced before the end of next month.

I first heard about someone from DLP coming to PortAventura about a week before Ally (https://x.com/aalllllyyyyyy) said that Universal was the one buying the park and hiring people from DLP, and he is one of the most reliable insiders when it comes to DLP, so amongst many other things, I am waiting for that person to switch jobs as a confirmation of all the previous rumors pointing towards Universal being the ones buying the park

Reactions: Nico