The Future of PortAventura | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of PortAventura

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's honestly good to know that I'm on the right website and forum to learn about Universal stuff! What baffles me about this one development alone is that the biggest, start-filled forum with lots of insiders can't show one element of proof... I guess everyone does what suits them and their sources best, so if you say you won't release anything because of that, well, then there really isn't much to talk about...
Totally! The unspoken rules of the forum/insiders can be hard to understand for new people. Just so it’s clear, we follow a “everything is only a rumor” until something is confirmed by Comcast here. For example, check my mod note on the first post of the UK thread.

Although we often receive solid proof from insiders, even the insiders state that nothing is official til it’s built. We’ve all been burned before.

In the mean time, totally get if you feel like currently there’s nothing to discuss. Its was good discussing this rumor with you! Forums are always open, so feel free to come back when a formal announcement happens!

That's honestly good to know that I'm on the right website and forum to learn about Universal stuff! What baffles me about this one development alone is that the biggest, star-filled forum with lots of insiders can't show one element of proof... I guess everyone does what suits them and their sources best, so if you say you won't release anything because of that, well, then there really isn't much to talk about...
Insiders can't, and won't, publish proof. Like Tommy Hawkins said, that would out their sources, and they'd never get info from that source again. Best thing is to remember what an insider says, both when they say it, and when it happens....Plus, events and decisions change. Best example, the walls went up in Kidzone for the Nintendo construction. A shouting match between the Universal Creative head and USF Pres. when the word came down from Comcast that the Epic thing was on and pull down the walls because Nintendo will go into Epic. Stuff happens and nothing is final until it 'is'.

Insiders can't, and won't, publish proof. Like Tommy Hawkins said, that would out their sources, and they'd never get info from that source again. Best thing is to remember what an insider says, both when they say it, and when it happens....Plus, events and decisions change. Best example, tghe walls went up in Kidzone for the Nintendo construction. A shouting match between the Universal Creative head and USF Pres. when the word came down from Comcast that the Epic thing was on and pull down the walls because Nintendo will go into Epic. Stuff happens and nothing is final until it 'is'.
Learned my lesson from that one alright. Even after a company has spent tens of thousands of dollars on permit approvals and installed a new chiller plant for a brand new land, they can still change their mind and not build said land lol

Learned my lesson from that one alright. Even after a company has spent tens of thousands of dollars on permit approvals and installed a new chiller plant for a brand new land, they can still change their mind and not build said land lol
I think we’re all still scarred. The Kidzone swap gets brought up weekly. :lmao:

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Alicia
What baffles me about this one development alone is that the biggest, star-filled forum with lots of insiders can't show one element of proof... I guess everyone does what suits them and their sources best

And those sources, more often than not, require anonymity. Nobody’s going to risk their jobs/security/sources because people on an internet forum are basically demanding “pics or it didn’t happen”, and I’m hoping that’s something that can generally be understood by everyone here.

If that can’t be accepted, that’s totally understandable and echoing @Nico if this happens and a formal announcement is made, there’ll be much more to discuss then!

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mad Dog
Just caught up, and wanted to circle back to why today’s article about PAW considering selling just the land it sits on is interesting… not because the story also concedes they are still also open to selling the entire company as a whole or piecemeal—I understand what the point of the article was—it is interesting because it shows that PAW is still trying to sell itself.

That is not the behavior of a company that has already been acquired by another company.

The story shows that PAW is open to multiple types of purchases, which tells me, it has not been purchased. And that IS news.
I might be wrong but I strongly believe these articles we have seen in the last few months are done by the park's request. They only contain what the park wants the public to know. I wouldn't read much into it.

Look how each piece of news has been published on a different small-sized site.

Might be wrong though.

Reactions: Dalt Wisney
If they have spent 250 millions on a plot of land in UK, how is said for some insiders here, it seems to me that is not go back from now on. It seems that it is definitive unless they coming to Europe with two parks.

Totally! The unspoken rules of the forum/insiders can be hard to understand for new people. Just so it’s clear, we follow a “everything is only a rumor” until something is confirmed by Comcast here. For example, check my mod note on the first post of the UK thread.

Although we often receive solid proof from insiders, even the insiders state that nothing is official til it’s built. We’ve all been burned before.

In the mean time, totally get if you feel like currently there’s nothing to discuss. Its was good discussing this rumor with you! Forums are always open, so feel free to come back when a formal announcement happens!
Damn you're already bored of me...

Insiders can't, and won't, publish proof. Like Tommy Hawkins said, that would out their sources, and they'd never get info from that source again. Best thing is to remember what an insider says, both when they say it, and when it happens....Plus, events and decisions change. Best example, the walls went up in Kidzone for the Nintendo construction. A shouting match between the Universal Creative head and USF Pres. when the word came down from Comcast that the Epic thing was on and pull down the walls because Nintendo will go into Epic. Stuff happens and nothing is final until it 'is'.

Even now, with all the construction, I'm still skeptical about Kidzone not being dead.

For a bit, this was the worst thread on the site since there was some real rudeness and thin skinned reactions occurring. Long term though, it became a kind of FUN thread, and yes, a very informative one. Bottom line, it's looking like a good example of how some companies (PA probably in this case) try to influence what's happening by purposely releasing snippets, through third parties, of what can be termed questionable information. Red herrings possibly too. The other point is that through continual pounding, sometimes legit insider information comes to the forefront that normally might have remained hidden. I don't think the UK info would have been thrown out there at this point in time, and may have remained unsaid for a good while, if not for this thread kind of igniting it.

True but imagine a Hogsmeade with real snow.
Don't have to, we have Universal Studios Beijing.

Don't have to, we have Universal Studios Beijing.

I guess that answers the question if it's possible to open a park in that weather.

I guess that answers the question if it's possible to open a park in that weather.
Beijing has much better weather than London, and of course it can open in London, and in the highlands too, the issue is if is going to be profitable. I don’t think so if is a big park, if is a regional park like Texas with HP then sounds better.