The Future of PortAventura | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of PortAventura

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Last couple of months operations have been at its worst, ride closures a daily occurrence, so whoever buys the resort it will be good news, doesn't seem like it can get much worse than it is right now, but I am still worried that it can take many more years before they realize they have to lower the price to get anybody interested
I’d say that the buyout has either happened already or is happening right now, as I commented before, the management team is leaving the park, and there have been some news this past month about different holdings being created with names such as GL PARK ASSETS.

I’d say that the buyout has either happened already or is happening right now, as I commented before, the management team is leaving the park, and there have been some news this past month about different holdings being created with names such as GL PARK ASSETS.
That doesn't sound good, different holdings as if they are splitting the current resort for a sale? That sound like they couldn't find a buyer so they are selling different parts to different companies... oh god, its going to be even worse than it is, isn't it?

That doesn't sound good, different holdings as if they are splitting the current resort for a sale? That sound like they couldn't find a buyer so they are selling different parts to different companies... oh god, its going to be even worse than it is, isn't it?
It doesn’t have to be that way. There have been rumours about them remergering the assets of the park with the rest of the CRT, giving the future buyer plenty of space for future expansion beyond PortAventura.

It doesn’t have to be that way. There have been rumours about them remergering the assets of the park with the rest of the CRT, giving the future buyer plenty of space for future expansion beyond PortAventura.
I didn't fully understand that, you mean the resort getting back the surrounding area? That was sold to some bank if I am not mistaken, so they would have to buy it back and I guess that wouldn't be cheap, no bank is going to lose money with an asset sale, they prefer to sit on it for years if needed