The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like Pokemon for USF because it fits that unofficial city motif that that park has.

I still think The Simpsons Ride goes down well before Springfield closes. If I had to guess, I'd say the food is the biggest moneymaker in the land, followed by the games and then merchandise. They'll want to milk Fast Food Boulevard as long as possible.

I know this is the USF thread, but USH keeps getting brought up. I think Simpsons either stays through 2028 or closes much sooner to have a replacement open by 2028. They'll want to minimize construction walls during the Olympic games.
It makes sense to keep Springfield open for another HHN/holiday cycle this year then close it all in Early 2025. The Simpsons Ride can go seasonal after the heavy summer rush and maybe start dismantling one of the theaters.

Oh I love your idea, don’t get me wrong. Just think it’s funny we go from too much HP to too much Nintendo.
As a hug fan I’m definitely not complaining about Nintendo it’s just that the rumor seems to suggest all the next big projects are Nintendo with Pokémon, Luigi’s Mansion, and Zelda (assuming that’s the order). Even the Potter stuff had other things in between like Transformers lol

Reactions: RedButton
As a hug fan I’m definitely not complaining about Nintendo it’s just that the rumor seems to suggest all the next big projects are Nintendo with Pokémon, Luigi’s Mansion, and Zelda (assuming that’s the order). Even the Potter stuff had other things in between like Transformers lol
Universal has definitely shown they will ride what’s hot for better or worse. But I get it, balance is important.

Reactions: SeventyOne

I think I see where you're getting tripped up. What you got from that video was all the next big projects are Nintendo. When in reality, that video was just showing all the Nintendo-related project rumors. Since there's multiple project rumors for Nintendo, I gather it was easier to put them all in one video than doing them separately.

As Alicia replied to you, there's stuff in the pipeline that's not Nintendo. It would make sense for that stuff to not be in the previous video because it's not related to Nintendo.

I think I see where you're getting tripped up. What you got from that video was all the next big projects are Nintendo. When in reality, that video was just showing all the Nintendo-related project rumors. Since there's multiple project rumors for Nintendo, I gather it was easier to put them all in one video than doing them separately.

As Alicia replied to you, there's stuff in the pipeline that's not Nintendo. It would make sense for that stuff to not be in the previous video because it's not related to Nintendo.
Further, these are projects that were delayed when the original plans for SNW moved back to Epic, and then likely further delayed due to Covid, so they may be finally back on the table now, so was worth bringing them back up and adding new details. But yes, the video ended up being only about video game related projects, but there’s more going on at UOR besides these.

I don’t understand the too much Nintendo/Potter comparisons. It may be the same company, but Link, Mario, and Pokémon are all diverse enough from Potter - which revolves around one main protagonist in one universe.
I know it’s just an observation really.
Further, these are projects that were delayed when the original plans for SNW moved back to Epic, and then likely further delayed due to Covid, so they may be finally back on the table now, so was worth bringing them back up and adding new details. But yes, the video ended up being only about video game related projects, but there’s more going on at UOR besides these.
Ok I was getting the impression that these were coming in relatively quick succession. If I’m getting this right it should be Pokémon as the next big thing after Epic, Luigi’s Mansion at some point as the first new ride added to Epic (I believe this is what you said), then Zelda maybe early 2030’s?

I mean Universal needs to make more films that can be added to the parks as well

I'll never understand why people get upset when more Potter comes, what newer film could Universal add to the parks that is bigger that they made and doesn't have an attraction?
Same with Nintendo....people want "new" films well people didn't see Migration in huge numbers.....so yeah another Minions ride because people go and see those or Nintendo because the merch flys off the shelves

I think the big difference between Potter and Nintendo and why you may not see fillers in between (and Transformers was a "cheap" capacity filler) is because Zelda is wildly different from Mario that is then wildly different from Pokemon. They are completely different IPs just the same company owns their video game rights. So from a GP standpoint it won't be the same like HP was. HP has all the same feel and same main characters.

I mean Universal needs to make more films that can be added to the parks as well

I'll never understand why people get upset when more Potter comes, what newer film could Universal add to the parks that is bigger that they made and doesn't have an attraction?
Same with Nintendo....people want "new" films well people didn't see Migration in huge numbers.....so yeah another Minions ride because people go and see those or Nintendo because the merch flys off the shelves
Agreed, what other IP would they use? Outside of Dreamworks which honestly what is the most recent hit with that one and Minions (which they just did) what other IP would draw crowds that they own?

On a side note I rode Simpsons for the first time since probably 2015ish. I was never a fan of this ride and even my stomach turned a little. It was WAY better. My husband didn't even get at all sick on it. He liked it too. The 4k upgrade people talked about on here that I didn't realize happened really helped this ride. My kids enjoyed it too. I see us riding again and I thought it would be a one and done like it was last time we had passes. I think I rode it twice? Once when it first opened and once when friends were in town.

Nintendo not making Universal shovel out the whole safe for their properties is such a smart move considering they will make it all back in a mere few hours by food/merchandise alone.

Also, since it appears Universal has been cohesively working with Nintendo now without a hitch and honestly likely meeting unreasonably high demands behind the scenes, it is within both parties best interests to keep capitalizing on the partnership and continuing to build more lands featuring more properties since the representation of set properties thus far has been a success (say what you want about that, it’s true).

There is....We need more original concepts like they used to do.
Fixed that for you.

Also, again, for everyone, I’m not against it. The only thing I was questioning was the seemingly quick succession of these land additions from Universal’s perspective and it’s been answered now.
I think the big difference between Potter and Nintendo and why you may not see fillers in between (and Transformers was a "cheap" capacity filler) is because Zelda is wildly different from Mario that is then wildly different from Pokemon. They are completely different IPs just the same company owns their video game rights. So from a GP standpoint it won't be the same like HP was. HP has all the same feel and same main characters.
I’ve used this same argument myself for almost 10 years now since the initial announcement to advocate for multiple lands. I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Saying "There's too much Nintendo stuff" is like saying "There's too much Disney stuff at Disney"
I mean, I'm not trying to start a war but a year ago this site seem pretty against my idea's of having USH getting the DK ride, Pokemon and Zelda.....I won't fight against people turning to seeing it's a good idea but many fans didn't like the idea at first like how many disliked Marvel and Star Wars being added to Disney a few years back

My thing is if Universal was making classic's that worked as attractions then go for it...but besides their animation and horror (which they only really use for HHN) Universal is making films that don't really translate into theme parks as well as Nintendo or Potter

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I mean, I'm not trying to start a war but a year ago this site seem pretty against my idea's of having USH getting the DK ride, Pokemon and Zelda.....I won't fight against people turning to seeing it's a good idea but many fans didn't like the idea at first like how many disliked Marvel and Star Wars being added to Disney a few years back
I am certainly not against that idea at all, lol.

I think Nintendo is seeing so much success for Universal because it's been a completely untapped market (for the most part). Mario is one of the most famous IPs of all time but never got even so much as an attraction in a theme park until 2021. It's kinda crazy to think about.