Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic

It's even worse than that. I've heard that Equity came in and reviewed the show and concluded that the regular Disney performers (The ones on the front floats) were doing equity level choreography and have to be paid at a higher rate. Almost twice what Disney pays regular performers. And they had to back pay them through rehearsals.

yikes for Disney if that is true but those CMs will have a very nice paycheck with that backpay.

^ Amen to that. I really feel for the Entertainment CMs. I remember when Disney started to cut the performers around World Showcase - they found out the same day as the general public that their days were numbered (for some, it was the very same week). It's nice to know that something good is coming out from the disastrous show.

I've read some glowing Disney fanboy reviews and I just don't buy it - I will be giving this a miss on my AK visit next month.

This summer has been a disaster at Disney. Not unrecoverable or unrepairable, but a disaster none the less.
Maybe they could replace the Tree of Life with Groot. At night they could play Awesome Mix and have him dance.

Seriously, after years of inactivity they are finally improving the parks. I suspect much of their problem is trying to do so much quickly after waiting so long.

I think Animal Kingdom is officially off the cards for me now on my next trip. I looked at the app yesterday and Everest is the only ride I would actually consider waiting for and it was closed.

I think DHS gets a hard time but AK is in far worse condition.
Dinosaurs is closed for refurb. Everest should be operating. It just may have had a technical breakdown when you looked at it.

I think Animal Kingdom is officially off the cards for me now on my next trip. I looked at the app yesterday and Everest is the only ride I would actually consider waiting for and it was closed.

I think DHS gets a hard time but AK is in far worse condition.
I agree. DHS may only have 5 rides, but IMO they're all worth doing. DAK has 7 rides... but when you take out the DinoRama garbage and the train to Rafiki's (which doesn't count IMO), there's... 4. 1 of which is an underwhelming short water ride, another of which is a falling apart dark ride that terrifies kids.

Looking at the crowd calendar for Sept., it's looking like AK is closing right around sunset most nights. There went all that advertising and marketing saying come see the night spectaculars at AK from August through December, I guess.

Looking at the crowd calendar for Sept., it's looking like AK is closing right around sunset most nights. There went all that advertising and marketing saying come see the night spectaculars at AK from August through December, I guess.
I feel sorry for the animals. A good deal of training must have gone in to get them used to the noise and being active at night. Now they just have to go back to the way it was.