The Matrix: Resurrections | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Matrix: Resurrections

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I never got "Parody" vibes. Especially once things went forward on the narrative after Neo was brought back to the real world. The Matrix Resurrections to me works as a self-criticism and self-mock, because it tries to present the question on the need to do something. The need to have something, when we can go to one route.

I do genuinely think this should've been delayed to January, as it would've done better there; but to say it is a bad movie in my eyes, isn't exactly fair. The only thing I genuinely do have criticism on, and it's something you mentioned, is the action feeling for the most part un-Matrix like. I'd though argue that to the fact that this is Lana's first time individually directing a film. Previously, the first time she worked on all by herself; was that of Sense8. Might not be her wheelhouse directly, and that could've been Lily's.

______

Matrix Resurrection's is one of those films that I wonder if Lana would've intended to have it be a premium TV show. Definitely feels like it could've been expanded, and given full scale/scope that TV does. But in that, WB, would've pressured Lana to do this in film format only. Because to me, I genuinely think this could've been fully expanded in TV and longer form media. Lana has had success there, so it would've made absolute sense.

I never got "Parody" vibes. Especially once things went forward on the narrative after Neo was brought back to the real world. The Matrix Resurrections to me works as a self-criticism and self-mock, because it tries to present the question on the need to do something. The need to have something, when we can go to one route.

I do genuinely think this should've been delayed to January, as it would've done better there; but to say it is a bad movie in my eyes, isn't exactly fair. The only thing I genuinely do have criticism on, and it's something you mentioned, is the action feeling for the most part un-Matrix like. I'd though argue that to the fact that this is Lana's first time individually directing a film. Previously, the first time she worked on all by herself; was that of Sense8. Might not be her wheelhouse directly, and that could've been Lily's.

______

Matrix Resurrection's is one of those films that I wonder if Lana would've intended to have it be a premium TV show. Definitely feels like it could've been expanded, and given full scale/scope that TV does. But in that, WB, would've pressured Lana to do this in film format only. Because to me, I genuinely think this could've been fully expanded in TV and longer form media. Lana has had success there, so it would've made absolute sense.

it's hard to speak without spoilers but this movie is . movies combined in one. she literally mixed and blended 3 different movies to make one product. and part of it is definitely parody material.
there are definitely parts that feel like a scary movie.
I don't really dislike the movie but there are technical aspects that are really poor. I am fine with the meta stuff and I get the self mockery and I get the critiques
but dialogue and acting were iffy. fights are definitely a let down. some cgi was pretty poor. some of the acting is really really bad. the last act is messy. I wish those were better because it hurts the movie.
spoilers:

parody - comedic parts: the after credits scene is literally a comedy scene. the after credits scene is literally mocking the idea of a Matrix 5. the entire merovingian scene and dialogue are full parody. the merovingian is literally talking to the audience about this movie itself being bad lol.
the game developers mocking slow mo, the guy that follows Neo acting like a fanboy, the way Neo freaks out when he sees morpheus in the bathroom, the ending with trinity killing the analyst lol.

maybe the movie is not bad on purpose but it is definitely a deconstruction of action movies.

First 30 minutes were great but then it devolved into forgettable mush. It avoided pulling a complete Force Awakens by attempting to show progress in the relationship with the machines, at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: n i c k
I won't say it's horrible, but it wasn't what I was expecting. It definitely felt more like a low-budget Netflix movie than a hollywood blockbuster. I get the "it's a parody" argument. The problem with that though is they didn't sell it as a parody. They sold it as a new matrix movie. If they didn't want to make a new matrix movie, they shouldn't have made one.

Reactions: HalfGlass and Skold
I’ve never had such conflicting feelings about a sequel or reboot before.

This movie really felt like two separate movies. The third act felt like a heist movie and a lot more like the original Matrix movies. The first act felt like something completely different.

I can’t figure out what I think of it. Very few movies are able to make me think this much. That’s gotta mean something.