The Official 5th Disney Park Discussion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Official 5th Disney Park Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Except in the context of how much cash WDW generates, there’s no market for those things. Everything other than “let’s crank a ton of people through our theme parks and give them places to stay that makes that easier” has been a loser. Discovery Island, the golf courses, Disney Quest, Disney Institute… they aren’t bad ideas, they just end up being a drop in the bucket and not worth it. Discovery Cove would be a drop in the bucket to WDW - it is not a drop in the bucket to a smaller regional park like SeaWorld.
Right, the revenue that could be generated from a small boutique park would be immaterial to the larger Disney company and far less than a major theme park... but if your an executive looking for YoY revenue growth, and your parks have reached a price ceiling, you're going to be looking for any other alternative if you can't generate.

I'd obviously prefer their resources to go to the main parks themselves, but a boutique experience, in my opinion, can compliment that.

A fifth gate may prove problematic, but I’m of the mind Disney could keep expanding its existing theme parks and have a lot more success by increasing capacity (and as such, ticket sales and time in park) than by trying another boutique experience.
A fifth gate is just not realistically feasible at the time. Even if they wanted to, they'll struggle to staff up properly. I agree with you, it's more beneficial (and profitable for the company) if they just "max out" the current parks instead of running into issues with a 5th gate.

We saw Disney's "idea" of a "boutique experience" with the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, and we all saw how that turned out.
That's different though. Spending $5K for 2 nights is a tougher pill to swallow than a $200-300 one-day experience if it includes food.

Reactions: SeventyOne