The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 226 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the hell has time to tie a fish hook to SIF without being rushed through a house!?!
No need to tie, just pierce right through the center and that'll be good enough. I remember the actors in rooms with SIFs were told to be on the lookout for anyone putting up fishhooks as soon as reports started to come from other houses that it was happening that night. It's not a super prevalent issue, I think it only happened 1 or 2 nights out of the whole event, but it's definitely a dangerous one regardless.

No need to tie, just pierce right through the center and that'll be good enough. I remember the actors in rooms with SIFs were told to be on the lookout for anyone putting up fishhooks as soon as reports started to come from other houses that it was happening that night. It's not a super prevalent issue, I think it only happened 1 or 2 nights out of the whole event, but it's definitely a dangerous one regardless.
WTF is wrong with people?!!!!

A few houses used them last year, but a worse issue than cleanliness is fish hooks. Some ***holes every year like to attach fish hooks onto the SIF so that when other people try to move it out of the way they end up accidentally getting pierced. That's probably a way bigger concern.

This has been a persistent rumor for years and years, event before I attended the event.I haven’t heard anything that leads me to believe this occurs anymore.

Besides which, how does one smuggle fish hooks through metal detectors?

There likely won’t be a transitional effect this year, save the actual transition between houses. I’m for the change. SIF slows guests down, and is the true culprit with regards to Ops rushing people through.

Will some transitions be clunky as a result? Yeah, probably. Will that severely impact the quality of the houses? Only if the casts aren’t clever.

There likely won’t be a transitional effect this year, save the actual transition between houses. I’m for the change. SIF slows guests down, and is the true culprit with regards to Ops rushing people through.

Will some transitions be clunky as a result? Yeah, probably. Will that severely impact the quality of the houses? Only if the casts aren’t clever.
Well looking back at hhn I know I have never been like WOW I LOVED ALL THE SIF so like if it’s not there it’s not gonna bother me lol

As long as this doesn't effect the quality of the house I don't see a big deal.

Sadly an idea I've had for a house for a while now would require a good bit of SIF. I know Universal won't care but still lol.

Seriously though, this is (just) one of many reasons I've been so fervently against a higher house count. Logistically, there's only so many tricks they can use to keep the houses from all being the same.

Reactions: Kadath
Depths of Fear was the only house last year that I don't remember having SIF (Monsters might not've had any either). SIF is fun if it fits in thematically or there's a scare immediately after passing through (Us last year for example), but otherwise their loss won't be a big detriment this year.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Depths of Fear was the only house last year that I don't remember having SIF (Monsters might not've had any either). SIF is fun if it fits in thematically or there's a scare immediately after passing through (Us last year for example), but otherwise their loss won't be a big detriment this year.
not directly in one's face, but DoF certainly had a few points that they house had to shutdown for every night for due to fish hooks being placed on the fish nets in the house for example. Or on the flaps between rooms.

not directly in one's face, but DoF certainly had a few points that they house had to shutdown for every night for due to fish hooks being placed on the fish nets in the house for example. Or on the flaps between rooms.
Monsters also went down a few nights, sadly nothing can be done about this situation >:O

I have no proof other than experience in building things that they might fall on the 80s because they are going to be short on time due to this stupid-ass virus.

Just curious with the talks of beetlejuice and gremlins is there a possibility the theme could be 80’s again?
I have no proof other than experience in building things that they might fall on the 80s because they are going to be short on time due to this stupid-ass virus.
I’ve heard no talk of an 80’s theme. Construction is ongoing, and nothing apart from the Tribute Store was an “80s Build,” so they won’t fall back on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.