The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 432 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This really is completely new and unprecedented for HHN. While they’ve had musical acts before, IMO none have ever reached her level of success or global recognition.

The response to her inclusion outside of the HHN bubble (especially on stan Twitter) is gonna be interesting.
What benefit is global recognition when the wheelhouse of HHN call-to-action marketing is people in 32- and 33- zip codes with disposable income to spend on tickets and alcohol? The point of an IP is to put people through the gate, and global recognition means naught when the subset of patrons you’re trying to get to click the buy button isn’t anywhere close to global.

To be honest, my original lol was at the notion that Eilish was is in the realm of Drake, JT, Taylor Swift, the Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Madonna, Adele, etc. because she won a couple awards.

I'd beg to differ a little - Billie has a ways to go to match the careers of both Alice Cooper and Slash, though neither were anywhere near their peak of relevance when they worked with HHN.

I don’t disagree, they’re legends and only time will tell if Billie has the longevity, I just think the only thing they really have in common is that they’re all musical acts.

Alice Cooper’s released 27 albums in his career, and only one of them went to 1 in the US. Guns n Roses would be more comparable when it comes to recognizability, but HHN didn’t work with GnR. While Slash was an enormous piece of an even more gigantic puzzle, they also didn’t work with him at the height of his popularity.

What benefit is global recognition when the wheelhouse of HHN call-to-action marketing is people in 32- and 33- zip codes with disposable income to spend on tickets and alcohol? The point of an IP is to put people through the gate, and global recognition means naught when the subset of patrons you’re trying to get to click the buy button isn’t anywhere close to global.

To be honest, my original lol was at the notion that Eilish was is in the realm of Drake, JT, Taylor Swift, the Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Madonna, Adele, etc. because she won a couple awards.

While none of those people have anything to do with HHN, the fact is she has achieved something that literally none of them have, and while you may look down at it or find it comical, IMO, it’s a pretty big accomplishment. Being the youngest girl to ever sweep the Grammies, and with her debut album no less, I wouldn’t downplay it.

Also, if they’re targeting Floridians with Billie Eilish’s inclusion they shouldn’t have a problem with that-she’s played to sold out arenas in Orlando & Miami.

While none of those people have anything to do with HHN, the fact is she has achieved something that literally none of them have, and while you may look down at it or find it comical, IMO, it’s a pretty big accomplishment. Being the youngest girl to ever sweep the Grammies, and with her debut album no less, I wouldn’t downplay it.
Not looking down, was just responding to the hyperbole that she was anywhere close to the greatest ever.

Those of us who know internal people obviously get different opinions of the same things. Wouldn’t assume that everyone is thrilled about Eilish in a year some people would prefer to be as safe as possible. There are analytical types who realize 65M Instagram followers doesn’t automatically sell tickets, just like Cristiano Ronaldo’s 227M followers doesn’t automatically sell soccer tickets.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnathanm
Playing catch-up as I’ve been trying to not get my hopes up or pre FOMO-FOMO but an anniversary house in MIB tent? Yikes.. not that the houses are bad, I quite enjoyed Corpses, but space? Won’t be quite the epic that 25 was.

While M&M looked amazing, I can appreciate it looks like they're doing something different with two separate anniversary houses. The anniversary (original content) house for MIB, and the Icons house in one of the soundstages.

Playing catch-up as I’ve been trying to not get my hopes up or pre FOMO-FOMO but an anniversary house in MIB tent? Yikes.. not that the houses are bad, I quite enjoyed Corpses, but space? Won’t be quite the epic that 25 was.
While yes, I don't agree with the face we're getting the anniversary house in the MIB tent (I'd rather of got it in a soundstage/parade building.) The fact that we're possibly getting the Icons house in a soundstage makes up for it. Think about it, We could get a pretty big facade in there (possibly even the prop warehouse from HHN20)I would love if the plot for the Icons house is: An intern at Universal Creative, unaware of the dangerous secrets lurking in the lantern, accidentally drops the lantern causing ALL the Icons (including Fear) to be unleashed.

Some of you guys really underestimate tent houses, especially the MIB tent. We don’t even know what exactly is going to be featured in the “anniversary” house and you’re already making assumptions. At least let it be announced first before you make that judgement.

Not looking down, was just responding to the hyperbole that she was anywhere close to the greatest ever.
I said “one of the biggest Grammy artist ever,” which is an objective statement since her wins set historic records. I never said greatest.
I think like someone mentioned before, the facade and first scene will likely be Dungeon of Terror, then you go through the years as you go through the house.
The connections are more geographic than chronological.
Some of you guys really underestimate tent houses, especially the MIB tent. We don’t even know what exactly is going to be featured in the “anniversary” house and you’re already making assumptions. At least let it be announced first before you make that judgement.
It looks to features a lot of stuff people have been clamoring for.

And the location makes sense with what’s in there. I only think a couple of the scenes are based on soundstage houses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.