Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Phoenix Project - Universal Backlot

As for Groening approving what the map looks like, I don't doubt it, but it sounds stupid. The map is of the park is supposed to look like what's actually there for guests. Wonder why they need his approval
Not stupid at all. If another entity is using your intellectual property, you'd want complete control over how it's portrayed. It's good to see Universal being held to a high standard.

Yeah, of course. I respect that. But Universal is going to portray it as it really is, as it almost always is with modern park maps, so I'm not sure why it's taking SO LONG. It taking this long is what's weird.

Maybe it's also because they're not technically finished with all the details of the expansion?

The only details to add at this point are a photo-op or two, an entrance arch for Krustyland, and that's kind of it.

As for the map, it's no longer in the hands of Groening. It took a pretty long time for him to approve, but the artwork is complete. At this point, this whole World Expo issue is what's holding them back. They had picked a name for the area, but apparently it's already taken, so they have some legal issues to sort out there.. I'm sort of surprised they didn't just bunch it together with Fear Factor and call it a day.