The Saturday Night Live Experience | Inside Universal Forums

The Saturday Night Live Experience

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On my last trip in June, I saw a City Walk kiosk that feature SNL appeal, and it got me thinking.. Is Universal still considering SNL for USF? It was a rumor two years ago that SNL could replace Fear Factor Live, but I haven't heard about it since. Does anyone know more about the rumor, or is it a dead project?

Honestly, it would be better than Fear Factor.

Thank goodness it's dead! The shows been dead for over a decade.

I guess so since we haven't heard about in a while. It's a shame, because it sounded like a good idea, and they would save some money while running it, unlike Transformers. Oh well.

SNL won't bring tourists in like TF will. Fair trade for them. :lol: Even so, I think SNL was a pipedream. Just used for survey purposes.

Well it's not like it was going to be better than TF. I just look at SNL, and I think it has a great history, it's a popular show, unlike American Idol, and sure it wouldn't be a must see attraction like Potter, but it would be a good addition. And I should say I rather have TF instead of SNL in that spot, but I rather have SNL than a show like Fear Factor, which is as irrelevant as it gets.

You know what, as I think about it, maybe the reason why this is a dead project is because how will they adapt this show into a theme park? The actors in SNL take a entire week to reherse every show, so maybe it just can't work. Ok.

Last edited:
If they did a few original sketches, I think it would be a lot of fun. They would have to keep it fresh, but Orlando is a great pool for local actors and they definitely could have some fun with it.

if they ran it like a comedy/improv club that would be fine, I just think most decent comedians wouldn't be caught dead doing something like this. I also think that doing multiple shows a day would really wear out the comedians quickly. They would pretty much have to re-use similar material in order for it to work. And jokes (unlike explosions) get old quickly.

if they ran it like a comedy/improv club that would be fine, I just think most decent comedians wouldn't be caught dead doing something like this. I also think that doing multiple shows a day would really wear out the comedians quickly. They would pretty much have to re-use similar material in order for it to work. And jokes (unlike explosions) get old quickly.

Yeah that's probably one the reasons. Also, I bet what they saw in Disney with American Idol and how it's perceived now, they just said no this will not work.