The Simpsons Ride Refurb 1/12-2/2 2017 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Simpsons Ride Refurb 1/12-2/2 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get with their relationship with Fox/Groening for Futurama. Really don't see either ever coming though. Especially not Bobs Burgers even though I love the show.
For Bob's Burgers all we need is the restaurant. Where is exactly is the wharf featured in the show? Has it ever been said?

Ehh.. I kind of disagree solely based of personal experience. I know a lot of people don't ride Simpsons because of motion sickness, including me. I've actually never been on Simpsons because of the stories I've heard of people getting sick (and I don't even get motion sick that much, FJ never gets me sick).

BUT..

I am ALWAYS in Springfield anytime I'm at Universal. It's one of my favorite areas of either park. I always sit down with a Duff along the water a few times per trip. It's also my favorite HHN S&S area for that same reason. If they were to build a new ride, I don't think capacity would be as much of an issue as it seems. I do believe the potential of added capacity from a high-capacity dark ride would greatly outweigh the detriment of it going down for a year or two.

Agreed based on what I said ^ there
I think I figured out a cure to your anticipated motion sickness issue. You said, "I always sit down with 'a' Duff". Solution: You're not drinking enough Duffs. Try 5 or 6 and you'll be fine. You'll get on the ride and the blurred screen will seem natural to your situation. :) :cheers:....In reality, Simpsons is easier than FJ on mild motion sickness. You might want to give the ride a try. When it was Back to the Future, it was many people's (including mine) favorite ride in the park.

Love Bob's burgers... but with Krusty Burger there really is nothing for it to do over near Springfield... it would be better off at IOA, though I don't know how that works thematically. Wonderwarf and Krustyland would also be too similar to be right next to each other... The show does take place in New Jersey.

Citywalk could be an option.

So anyway....can they at least make sure that I can see the action on the screen clearly so I don't feel like I'm losing my eyesight?

The screens had been clearer in the past year than previously. My guess is that they just need to fine tune those new Christie projectors and/or lighting. ...Still one of my favorite attractions in the park, especially the humorous pre shows.

Reactions: tankart150
I feel like a BB restaurant wouldn't even need to be part of a particular themed area. It'd work even in CityWalk or in say, the New York/SF areas of USF. Since it's not tied to the Simpsons that much besides being on Fox (unlike Futurama), it could work standalone IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.