The Simpsons Ride Refurb 1/12-2/2 2017 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Simpsons Ride Refurb 1/12-2/2 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If simpsons gets replaced with anything I would hope it is Futurama as well. I know it isn't around anymore and Bobs burgers is the hot show right now, for whatever reason, but Futurama is alright ripe for a ride with the setting and plot of the show. A planet express ship dark ride would kill. Also its just a superior show to BB imo.

don't think simpsons is going anywhere anytime soon. They JUST expanded Springfield and it brings in good money now. Those huge donuts alone are everywhere on social media right now hahaha/.

Yes, all this get rid of the Simpsons ride nonsense needs to stop RIGHT NOW. I actually think the ride, the pre-show, the waiting area, and the video in the que are all hilarious... Perfect!!!! Great Simpsons humor... and though I know it makes a lot of people woozy. Everyone I've ever talked to loves the humor of the ride... I mean I could be courted with the idea of another Simpson's E-ticket replacing it, but it would have to have as much funny content as the current incarnation. Springfield is one of my favorite theme park areas period... love love love it.

With all the new attraction investments popping up in the next six years, (new theme park, Nintendo, HP expansions) it's pretty doubtful Universal will be pumping much money into replacing existing attractions, unless they reach the no return stage that Disaster was in. I'm not even giving these ideas a second thought. The new land acquisition & Dreamworks purchase put a lot of possible 'maybe changes' on the back burner, I would think. There's only so much money & work crews to go around. Not counting park capacity issues from closing attractions, which also come into play.

Reactions: Mike S
Yes, all this get rid of the Simpsons ride nonsense needs to stop RIGHT NOW. I actually think the ride, the pre-show, the waiting area, and the video in the que are all hilarious... Perfect!!!! Great Simpsons humor... and though I know it makes a lot of people woozy. Everyone I've ever talked to loves the humor of the ride... I mean I could be courted with the idea of another Simpson's E-ticket replacing it, but it would have to have as much funny content as the current incarnation. Springfield is one of my favorite theme park areas period... love love love it.
Speaking personally, I couldn't agree more about the pre-show. One of my favorites in the resort. I strongly think that Simpsons deserves better than a simulator (albeit it a funny one)

You're not a real theme park fan until something you love is taken down for something your find boring at best.

I'm still mad when they turned Tapestry of Nations into Tapestry of Dreams.... let alone JII and all the others.

I wouldn't be surprised...It was a layover at best from a previous time when Universal was hurting financially...

The theme here is ride systems. Universal is more apt to scrap a ride the build new than upgrade and retrofit. Sometimes they have justification to keep a ride around (guest surveys, future projects, capacity, etc) while other times they don't (see Disaster).

I'm still mad when they turned Tapestry of Nations into Tapestry of Dreams.... let alone JII and all the others.

The theme here is ride systems. Universal is more apt to scrap a ride the build new than upgrade and retrofit. Sometimes they have justification to keep a ride around (guest surveys, future projects, capacity, etc) while other times they don't (see Disaster).
If it were just about ride systems I would think Despicable Me would leave first before Simpsons did but then we bring in popularity and the IP itself and, well... :shrug:

If they want to do better with one I'd like to see the same happen to the other as well.

Reactions: Joel
The thing with Simpsons is, if they decided to close it and rebuild, they'd probably have to do it in Hollywood too. Double the cost of doing two attractions and a loss of capacity in both parks. Just can't see it happening with so much other stuff scheduled for both parks & the new park planned. Plus two years or so downtime would surely put a dent into the huge sales and profits Springfield accrues. Without it's attraction, foot traffic would seriously decrease. And they just recently did those Springfield expansions. Replacing Simpsons would seem to be a really poor business decision. I can't see it happening for real. Pure Blue Sky, in my opinion.

At some point that expansion pad behind simpsons needs to be used and the clearest route is straight through that building.
Maybe they expand back there and add Bob's Burgers with Futurama as well? They maybe take down Simpsons and make a newer version of the ride so all 3 IPs end up in the park. These kind of changes (whether it's actually happening or it's just wishful thinking) lead me to think universal would end up being even more successful than they already are

Reactions: maroonmol and Joel
I would be very happy with a different simpsons ride. I think that area is great now that it's been expanded and the theming is top notch. It's a shame the ride is basically Minions.

Also if there was ever a Futurama ride in the parks I would probably die.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
Blue sky aside, does Universal have the shared rights or anything to give them the ability to use Futurama or BB?

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get with their relationship with Fox/Groening for Futurama. Really don't see either ever coming though. Especially not Bobs Burgers even though I love the show.

Reactions: jseal777
The thing with Simpsons is, if they decided to close it and rebuild, they'd probably have to do it in Hollywood too. Double the cost of doing two attractions and a loss of capacity in both parks. Just can't see it happening with so much other stuff scheduled for both parks & the new park planned. Plus two years or so downtime would surely put a dent into the huge sales and profits Springfield accrues. Without it's attraction, foot traffic would seriously decrease. And they just recently did those Springfield expansions. Replacing Simpsons would seem to be a really poor business decision. I can't see it happening for real. Pure Blue Sky, in my opinion.

Ehh.. I kind of disagree solely based of personal experience. I know a lot of people don't ride Simpsons because of motion sickness, including me. I've actually never been on Simpsons because of the stories I've heard of people getting sick (and I don't even get motion sick that much, FJ never gets me sick).

BUT..

I am ALWAYS in Springfield anytime I'm at Universal. It's one of my favorite areas of either park. I always sit down with a Duff along the water a few times per trip. It's also my favorite HHN S&S area for that same reason. If they were to build a new ride, I don't think capacity would be as much of an issue as it seems. I do believe the potential of added capacity from a high-capacity dark ride would greatly outweigh the detriment of it going down for a year or two.

I would be very happy with a different simpsons ride. I think that area is great now that it's been expanded and the theming is top notch. It's a shame the ride is basically Minions.

Agreed based on what I said ^ there

Status
Not open for further replies.