The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Worried? I suspect that on Monday, June 21 the park will fill to capacity, as it will for a few months post June 18. I suspect by noon, The Wizard World will be extremely crowded.

Actually, is it possible that throughout the summer they will restrict access to The Wizard World by each of it's gates? Perhaps, they will run queues both in the Lost Continent and Jurassic Park as a means of keeping the area safe. Hmmm. Something to think about.

They will not be running queues from Lost and Jurassic in order to gain access to WWoHP. Personally, I feel that they will not restrict access as they will want everyone to walk through it. Sure, it may be crowded, but that's to be expected.

On another note...

I suspect that some of you who have been following this forum have realized that StephenLandsman and I are old friends. I type this because years ago - hundreds (I think it was 1986) - Stephen and I traveled to Disneyland on an adventure we took together. When we planned our vacation, we were very disappointed that the timing would put us at the park a few weeks before the announced and schedule opening of their new attraction, Captain EO. There was nothing we could do to change our dates.

Anyway, much to our surprise we were very excited to find out that the announced opening was actually when it would air on TV, but the actual event was happening a few weeks early and while we were there. We had a choice, we could explore the parts of the park not effected by the celebrity festivities and enjoy shorter lines, or we could commit to sitting on Main Street or the hub near Tomorrowland and watch the red carpet arrival of the stars. As Stephen and I were avid Disney fans and had been to the park many times, we chose to commit to sitting for hours during the star-studded filming.

In addition, Tomorrowland was closed to the stars who after the parade were led into a roped off Tomorrowland, fed and given the opportunity to ride Space Mountain and of course, the first performances of Captain EO. Rumor had it that although Tomorrowland was closed off to the general public, that after the stars rode Captain EO, that they might open it up to the general public for the final few hours of the evening. There was no guarantee and standing by the ropes meant that we wouldn't be taking in any of the rides, but could get a glimpse at the stars as they passed by on their way to queue for Captain EO.

Again, we chose to wait and pray that we would "ride". It was actually a really cool time. A lot of the stars did walk by and some of them even came up to talk with us: Elliot Gould was a total gentleman and very kind; Molly Ringwald was an obnoxious, full-of-herself snob. There were many many celebrities and it was fun watching them.

Of course, we were tense and hopeful that they would let down the dividing rope and open the area to the public when the stars cleared out.

They did. Stephen and I were among the first audience who experienced, Captain EO.

One other quick note about this story... When we entered the theater, they had a camera set up facing the audience. Before they turned off the lights and started the film, the director of the upcoming commercial came out and explained that we were going to be extras in the commercial. He gave us a few directions and explained that at key moments en masse we would be asked to quickly lean left, then right, forward and back. We shot this sequence, they removed the camera and we got to see Captain EO. It was well worth the wait.

A few weeks later, when we were back home, they aired the Captain EO Grand Opening - parade and all. They also showed the commercial during the breaks and sure enough, there we were. Stephen and I still talk about this to this very day.

Stephen? Any comments?

We stood for hours in our little roped off area!! I remember that Teri Garr was exceptionally rude to us and that Esther Williams couldn't have been more gracious! We met the two Coreys (Haim RIP), Michele Lee (charming), Soliel Moon Frye (Punky Brewster) and many others. It was rumored that Michael Jackson was in attendance wearing the Mickey Mouse costume! Mickey did have to be led away with help due to the high tempertures of the day, so I think it might have been true. I remember them filming us while waving colored gels in front of lights to simulate the watching of the film all the while shouting directions like "something flew out at you just now, grab at it". They worked us into such a frenzy, it's no wonder we ddn't explode during the actual watching of Captain EO! The audience went bat sh*t!! Great times!!

Last edited:
I missed the snow in the DADA classroom, where did you see that. (I admit, I haven't read ALL the articles posted. I had to work at 2PM today and ended up working a 12 hour shift).

Where did we read about the snow yesterday? It was something about Ron using his broken want to make something happen but instead it snows.

Well, I don't remember exactly where I saw it, so I did a little search. Now I know I saw it somewhere else as well, but here it is in the report from RupertGrint.Net:

"Rupert first appears in the Defense Against the Dark Arts room with Dan Radcliffe & Emma Watson as the trio convince us muggles to skip the lesson and go check out Quidditch with them. They sneak in under the invisibility cloak, Ron & Hermione bickering of course, and Ron warns us that Professor Binns will be a complete bore. The trio get into a banter, Ron creates snow when he flicks his wand in describing how Hermione's knows a lot of spells, Harry confirms Professor Binns is boring, and since it wouldn’t be Harry Potter without a few quips from Ron, we get: “They’re muggles Hermione, not morons” and “She’s barking, but she’s brilliant!”, which gets Ron a sweet look from Hermione."

Last edited:
Surprisingly I am very relaxed over all of this today. I mean soft will happen when it happens. I hope we get some kind of hint so I can make sure to be there but who knows anymore. The only other way thats a sure fire bet for me is a passholder preview so now is really a time to just go with the flow. As far as the big opening goes if I know the day the media/stars will be there sure what the heck I may go to see what I can see but it very well could be before June 18th to try to help with crowd concerns during it. I expect the next news we hear is if any of us hear anything during the Ellen taping this weekend if not for sure when the show airs. I know shes on her way to Orlando right now so she could be in the parks as early as tonight so keep your eye out everyone for any kind of filming stuff inside IoA by WWoHP.

Last edited:
Since they are bringing back so many things with WWoHP opening up, they need to bring back the Triple Threat of Extinction at the Watering Hole in JP. I miss that dang drink

Yeah if they break the ap preview I would except riots and anger everywhere

I really can't wait until they start announcing dates for ap and Wwohp employee previews. These next two weeks are going to drag...

dreamcat let us hope Ellen gives something (even small) to talk about. After that it may be up to certain people to give us a hint at softs when they know anything. :look: I would hope everything falls really fast first TM previews (anyone want to sneak me in) than passholders (if I could sneak anyone in I would) than hopefully right after public soft. The next few weeks will drag but before you know it even with the set back soft will be here & the real fun will start.

dreamcat let us hope Ellen gives something (even small) to talk about. After that it may be up to certain people to give us a hint at softs when they know anything. :look: I would hope everything falls really fast first TM previews (anyone want to sneak me in) than passholders (if I could sneak anyone in I would) than hopefully right after public soft. The next few weeks will drag but before you know it even with the set back soft will be here & the real fun will start.

Oh yes, I'm hoping Ellen does something cool. If we can have guests I would totally get whoever wants to go as long as it's in my power haha. But the anticipation is going to kill me especially since it's so close! Anyways...

That snow thing sounds so funny about the argument. Typical trio thing yay! That queve just sounds like I'm going to want to wait hours in it!

We're driving down for Spring Break next week to spend 4 days at Universal/IOA. Can anyone tell me if there is going to be a "soft" opening of Harry Potter at the end of March? I saw on another forum that it might be March 28th. Also, which rides are currently closed down? Dueling Dragons???

We're driving down for Spring Break next week to spend 4 days at Universal/IOA. Can anyone tell me if there is going to be a "soft" opening of Harry Potter at the end of March? I saw on another forum that it might be March 28th. Also, which rides are currently closed down? Dueling Dragons???

I'm in a good mood so I'll take this one lol. Softs are NEVER announced so nobody knows for sure. BUT unfortunately 99% your not going to be able to go into the area because the earliest we heard was April 9th & now according to those working there that date has been pushed back. Dueling Dragons will be open (as long as it doesn't break down) BUT it's not Dragon's Challenge yet so you will be going through a back way & unable to see the new queue. The only rides you will not be able to experience are the two others in the WWoHP. But have fun anyways there is still a lot to do & see.

Last edited:

No one knows when a soft opening will occur. I wouldn't count on them starting as soon as the end of this month.

As for rides, Dueling Dragons is open as are all of the rides in the parks.