The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 590 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, and here is the guy who originally wrote it. The stars are staying in town and will be there on Friday!

The opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will bring NBC’s “Today” to Universal Orlando Resort on Friday.
Ann Curry and Al Roker will be here to cover the grand opening of the Potter attraction and take viewers inside the passageways and classrooms. They will talk to Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Michael Gambon and other actors from the Potter films. The Frog Choir will perform, and “Today” will look at magic wand fittings.

Gorgeous pics avadakedavra! :rep: And I love your Pygmy Puff’s name! I think I would name mine Puffy, but I don’t think I’ll be buying one :p

Just wanted to share..... I have added 2 more photo albums to my facebook

Photos from 6/10/2010
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=180035&id=644474150&ref=mf

Photos from today (6/14/2010)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=180045&id=644474150&ref=mf

Very nice pics!! :rep: This was hilarious :lol:
32497_402405909150_644474150_4441050_8132634_n.jpg

The sugar quills look delicious. I think Felipe posted a picture a while back of all his merchandise and there was one in there...I think it was Felipe.
Yep. Sugar quill on the very bottom (light blue color) :

CandyandBeverages.jpg

Reactions: mantaguy
The sugar quill looks good, but I was expecting it to be a more elegant sugar type of deal, because in the books, they can suck on them and make it look like they are thinking about what to write next, but with a blue one, it would be very obvious that they were sucking candy lol... I suppose not everything can be totally accurate...

The sugar quill looks good, but I was expecting it to be a more elegant sugar type of deal, because in the books, they can suck on them and make it look like they are thinking about what to write next, but with a blue one, it would be very obvious that they were sucking candy lol... I suppose not everything can be totally accurate...
Kind of like Canary Creams. Obviously you're not going to turn into a real bird or anything :lol:
Thanks for posting the picture, Felipe!

Does anyone know if they'll do anything for Harry and Jo's birthday on July 31?? Because that is in the time frame I am going there...

love the go set up pics

all those robes on the rack and they have flip forms lol

what in hell is a flip form?

And where in hell is DisneyHead? I worry that he has been silenced by being allowed access tomorrow night as a cameraman for his news station. C'mon, the most rebellious and prolific of posters on here has gone totally silent in the past few weeks. Me thinks he is in and has signed an NDA. Thus, he is no longer one of us... he is one of THEM! The complying media... oh well, all good things come to an end. Complying is better than no job at all right?

Last edited:
I've been following this thread for months now - thanks to everyone for all the information and reports that they've shared!

I'm finally getting around to booking a trip myself for the week following Thanksgiving, and I'm slightly confused by one aspect - the Universal site implies that only those who book a vacation package including park tickets will be allowed into IoA an hour early, and that other onsite guests will not be afforded this privilege. Does anyone know if this is truly the case? I ask because booking a package including a three night stay at the HRH with 3-day park-to-park tickets will cost about $300 more than it would if I were to book everything seperately, but considering the rumours of only one usage of the express pass a day on FJ and the fact that I'll be flying from the UK, I may be willing to pay the excess if it will get me in an hour early on all three days - but I'll be extremely annoyed if I pay the extra only to find all hotel guests are being given early entry!

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Book it seperately, everyone staying onsite is allowed in early for the day. The difference is the package holders get some special ticket for a keep sake and breakfast.

Book it seperately, everyone staying onsite is allowed in early for the day. The difference is the package holders get some special ticket for a keep sake and breakfast.

Thanks for the reply - my only concern is that it has been softs recently and that the policy may change after the grand opening. Also, on the universal site it also states that those on packages other than the HP one will get early access (such as the 2-park getaway package), and it is the small print that concerns me....

Early Park Admission to Islands of Adventure

Enjoy Early Park admission* to Universal's Islands of Adventure. The theme park will open one (1) hour early each day so you can enjoy the Wizarding World of Harry PotterTM before the rest of the general public!

This exclusive offer is valid 7 days a week for travel from 6/19 - 12/31/10.

*Requires theme park admission. Early Park Admission begins one (1) hour prior to Universal’s Islands of Adventure regular scheduled park opening for Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations guests who purchase a vacation package including hotel and theme park tickets. Current offer valid 7 days a week for travel 6/19/10 - 12/31/10; valid only at Harry Potter and the Forbidden JourneyTM, Flight of the HippogriffTM, Dragon ChallengeTM and The Cat in the HatTM. Standard operating hours and availability of specific attractions are subject to change without notice.

In contrast, the small print regarding the Universal Express Ride Access contains no such stipulations about having to purchase a vacation package including hotel and theme park tickets... so I don't know what to do! I would call Universal and ask, but I'm sure that they would tell me I had to book a package, as it would mean more profit for them. Hard decision this...

Haha, Teebin. No I have not turned to the dark side. I have just been very busy this week. My kids came down from WV and Sat. we did USF and IOA. Sun. was Aquatica and Sea World Then I had a room at Portofino Bay Hotel for last night (I made the reservation because I was afraid that my kids wouldn't be able to get in.) Anyway we have now done TWWOHP top to bottom. We rode FJ 6 times, DC repeatedly. We on;y did the hippogriff once. We had Butterbeer, Pumpkin Juice, Pear Cider, Cornish Pasties, Cauldron Cakes, Treacle Fudge, and Strawberry Peanut Butter Ice Cream. Both my girls got wands (my youngest was chosen in Ollivander's).

Tomorrow is WDW. Thursday is Coco Key during the day and the "Chicago" at the Bob Carr Center.

Oh, and TVuide was in TWWOHP filming yesterday and today. I asked and they said that the show would be airing on Friday as part of "Hollywood 411". Here is a link to the show.:

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/hollywood-411/198563

Last edited:
Haha, Teebin. No I have not turned to the dark side. I have just been very busy this week. My kids came down from WV and Sat. we did USF and IOA. Sun. was Aquatica and Sea World Then I had a room at Portofino Bay Hotel for last night (I made the reservation because I was afraid that my kids wouldn't be able to get in.) Anyway we have now done TWWOHP top to bottom. We rode FJ 6 times, DC repeatedly. We on;y did the hippogriff once. We had Butterbeer, Pumpkin Juice, Pear Cider, Cornish Pasties, Cauldron Cakes, Treacle Fudge, and Strawberry Peanut Butter Ice Cream. Both my girls got wands (my youngest was chosen in Ollivander's).

Tomorrow is WDW. Thursday is Coco Key during the day and the "Chicago" at the Bob Carr Center.

Oh, and TVuide was in TWWOHP filming yesterday and today. I asked and they said that the show would be airing on Friday as part of "Hollywood 411". Here is a link to the show.:

You are an amazing father. Wow!

All of that in a week?! That's more fun filled activities than I do in a year!