The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 958 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just happened on a few things from back in 2009 when the secrecy on this project was hyper to say the least. I thought that I would start with this as an example. (the other stuff that I have may not be allowed... we shall see)
Enjoy this spook letter sent to a one time member here:

Have any of the insiders received a letter like this since Comcast took over?

Tidbit gleamed from a friend..

Apparently during the early entry at Forbidden Journey they allow access to the Express queue... which makes the express queue go all the way to the bridge.

Which seems really silly and pointless. But i guess if they opened the express queue the moment the park opened for day guests they'd have a similar problem.

Reactions: Coasted
Tidbit gleamed from a friend..

Apparently during the early entry at Forbidden Journey they allow access to the Express queue... which makes the express queue go all the way to the bridge.

Which seems really silly and pointless. But i guess if they opened the express queue the moment the park opened for day guests they'd have a similar problem.
Are they still running FJ at 20% capacity during EPA?

Yeah, but if everyone is express, standby is an hour wait from dumbledore. ;-)

Yeah, i really don't know how it works.

Express is pulled from the two groups mixing at lockers at the end of Dungeons - then sent back down Dungeons to go up the stairs. Essentially they're using both halves of Dungeons now.

What happens outside the building, i dont know. Haven't inspected it in person.

Yeah, i really don't know how it works.

Express is pulled from the two groups mixing at lockers at the end of Dungeons - then sent back down Dungeons to go up the stairs. Essentially they're using both halves of Dungeons now.

What happens outside the building, i dont know. Haven't inspected it in person.
I've been at FJ for EPA both today and yesterday and they did not seem to be running Express.

You mean the single riders stairs? There wasn't a separate line there and there was only one line (non-express) by the lockers area.

When you make the little zig-zag to enter the castle, if you go straight to enter the queue past the lockers, there's 2 walkway. The one on the left side is chained off - that's Express - and the one on the right is the usual route down the dungeons and outside to the exterior queue. With the addition of Express formally being added to FJ (it used to be on a service recovery, medical need basis only) the Express line has been extended to include the right side walkway down through Dungeons as well, so guests go in, do lockers, go down past the mirror of erised, and then U-turn to enter the Express queue.

It doubles back to the that right-side corner and goes up the stairs to the 2nd version of the Portrait gallery.

Here, Mr. Felton kindly models the 2nd Portrait Gallery in California:

harry-potter-9.jpg

It has that second level landing for starters, but instead of going under all the portaits like in the 1st gallery, you're going up a turning flight of stairs, as seen in this pic of the 2nd gallery in Japan:

http%3A%2F%2Fi2.cdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F140716132400-4-harry-potter-osaka-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Compare it to the good ol' normal 1st gallery:

Portrait-Gallery.jpg

Edit:

I found a 360 degree video you can scroll around to see the 2nd gallery in action, with people climbing the stairs.

Last edited: