Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

The whole problem with the entrance of JP from Potter could be solved with a canopy of camouflage nets they use in the army and some dino's to the left to move your eye away.

The whole problem with the entrance of JP from Potter could be solved with a canopy of camouflage nets they use in the army and some dino's to the left to move your eye away.
I propose moving the sign back a bit and creating more of a transition

Technically, at IOA the lands are supposed to 'begin' after the bridges...But they literally blew that with Potter...and before that, the transition from Marvel to Toon

If they moved the arch back a bit and replaced the other one we would all calm down

Technically, at IOA the lands are supposed to 'begin' after the bridges...But they literally blew that with Potter...and before that, the transition from Marvel to Toon

If they moved the arch back a bit and replaced the other one we would all calm down
I agree. When walking through there back in early Feb. , I walked off to an area that, at least to me, would seem to work better with the new configuration of JP and the locker area redo.
It was apx. 70 ft. further back, and it seems it would provide for a better transition between the two lands.

How about building a covered bridge that leads to the WWoHP that would be similar to one shown in the movies? Then, they could cover the transition and control the reveal of Hogwarts.

How about building a covered bridge that leads to the WWoHP that would be similar to one shown in the movies? Then, they could cover the transition and control the reveal of Hogwarts.
That would be cool, but that bridge is a photo op for everyone...I'm honestly surprised they haven't expanded it a bit

Even with the other bridge

That would be cool, but that bridge is a photo op for everyone...I'm honestly surprised they haven't expanded it a bit

Even with the other bridge
Exactly. Plus it's a prime viewing area for the night time castle shows... They're limited in viewing area capacity as it is.....plus if they move the arch back like we spoke, that will give them some additional area to place people to view the night show.

Moving the arch further back into the land would be the ideal fix for that entrance, but I just don't think Universal would go through the effort after they never bothered to replace the arch on the other side.

Moving the arch further back into the land would be the ideal fix for that entrance, but I just don't think Universal would go through the effort after they never bothered to replace the arch on the other side.
Honestly, I don't understand why they don't just put the sign back haha.

Everyone says "there's no room" but I have seen Universal make magic in tight spaces before.

This ^
I feel if they move the arch we don't see it again.
Exactly. I don't want to chance it.

Honestly, I don't understand why they don't just put the sign back haha.

Everyone says "there's no room" but I have seen Universal make magic in tight spaces before.
I really studied that area when I was there in January. There's room.

I’ve been told that clearance with Pteradon Flyers is the issue for adding a new arch by the Kong Merch Cart and Thunder Falls.
That makes sense...The sign as it was would be right outside the clearance envelope of the car

It probably wouldn't be an issue, but if the ride ever swung differently it would be a problem

A smaller sign or a more simple design would be great

The more I think about it, with the arguable exception of MSHI, the entire park is really designed to be experienced by walking counter-clockwise. Seuss's PoE Bridge is way more impressive with the Carou-Seuss-el structure, Lost Continent only has it's sign coming from Seuss, plus you can only see the Waterfall Mouth Guy on Mythos from that direction. Then Potter's Hogsmeade buildup, JP only having the arch from that side, Kong's sign facing that direction, and the Toon Lagoon Vista with Dudley and the Sign coming from Kong. IMO, Uni should be doing a little more place making work for the clockwise walker.

It was a bit more balanced when the park first opened... obvious change is the southern JP arch, but I seem to remember there being more placemaking when you could only make a right turn if you were going to circa-1999 Lost Continent from JP. That area was a lot more deliberate in the beginning, but then what was reskinned as Hippogriff was built which added a split at that spot and then all of Hogsmeade obviously took over.

The more I think about it, with the arguable exception of MSHI, the entire park is really designed to be experienced by walking counter-clockwise. Seuss's PoE Bridge is way more impressive with the Carou-Seuss-el structure, Lost Continent only has it's sign coming from Seuss, plus you can only see the Waterfall Mouth Guy on Mythos from that direction. Then Potter's Hogsmeade buildup, JP only having the arch from that side, Kong's sign facing that direction, and the Toon Lagoon Vista with Dudley and the Sign coming from Kong. IMO, Uni should be doing a little more place making work for the clockwise walker.
The immersive opening looks are indeed best to be seen and encountered counter clockwise. Though the attractions work better clockwise.

Pre-Hogsmeade, I only ever toured the park clockwise. Now, I start counterclockwise to head to Hogsmeade, then proceed clockwise from there.

Hence my annoyance with the removal of the JP arch, as that was always "my" entrance of the land!

I'd be okay with a mini arch, electric fence, or even at least a sign when entering on that side though.
A smaller sign or a more simple design would be great

Anything to strongly denote "Hey, an actual new land starts here!" would be welcome.