Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

Of course that attendance increase includes pass holders. Die-hards who rarely came to USH bought passes because of WWoHP. People who hadn't been in many years came out to see the new land. I suspect people who claim HP was a failure usually mean it didn't draw the same numbers in its first couple of months as HP in USO did.

This is true for us. We live a little more than an hour from the parks, its almost 2.5 in traffic. We have now had passes two years in a row because we enjoy WWoHP, and have all our Uniforms too (times 5 of us). We have at least 15 people that we've convinced to visit the park and who have AP's too. I'm pretty frugal when it comes to theme parks, but we have spent a lot more at Universal in 2 years then I ever did in 10 years as a Disney AP. I'm sure there are a lot more people like us. 

(Swore up and down I wasn't spending $50 on a wand.....we have two and are going to get a third. Maybe a 4th), 

I wonder if a comparison between USH and DCA is fair.  They seem about the same size, and to me, seem about the same crowd levels.  I'd be curious to know if anyone has any actual figures to back this up. 

Nooo, DCA is almost twice the size of USH. DCA is 65 acres and USH is 35 acres (just the theme park area). The fact that USH is so small and pulling these crowds is nothing short of amazing. There'a a very reasonable chance Hollywood could become the 2nd most attended Universal park behind Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is true for us. We live a little more than an hour from the parks, its almost 2.5 in traffic. We have now had passes two years in a row because we enjoy WWoHP, and have all our Uniforms too (times 5 of us). We have at least 15 people that we've convinced to visit the park and who have AP's too. I'm pretty frugal when it comes to theme parks, but we have spent a lot more at Universal in 2 years then I ever did in 10 years as a Disney AP. I'm sure there are a lot more people like us. 

(Swore up and down I wasn't spending $50 on a wand.....we have two and are going to get a third. Maybe a 4th), 

Same here. We live in Mission Viejo, but can make it up to USH in just under an hour on a weekend morning, leaving around 7:00am. I gotta be sure I have that extra bit of $$ as a "just in case".  Wife and I are big WWoHP fans, trying to get the almost-five-year-old into it as well. She's more into Transformers and Jurassic Park. But we spend at least one Saturday a month at the park. Next purchase has gotta be the robes....then sweaters......etc....

I guess I don't need to shower before I leave. I'll get a shower while I'm there. I wonder if this is a change due to it being warmer outside. 

You might be onto something. It sounds like late Fall/winter will be the best tone to visit Potter. Warm Butterbeer and no water spraying. 

I actually don't mind the first water spray with the giant spider, it's the second spray of water in the tunnel after Hermoine that SUCKS. It's literally an ice cold blast of water in my face. Ugh, so disappointed it's back on. 

I know I've probably said it before, but I love the water spritz effects on FJ. I get that it's overkill for USH attractions in general but I think it adds to the shock factor when on this ride in particular (during the dark section of the Forbidden Forest).

On a sidenote, FJ is now dubbed as a "4K HD" attraction on the park map. They list it almost as a gimmick, similar to how it used to say the attraction was a 3D experience, but I think it's well deserved. When I rode on Saturday the projections were ridiculously crisp and I walked off feeling less nauseated than I probably ever have before.

Should we rename this thread so it doesn't get confused with the Orlando one? Like Wizarding World West and East? I just know I'm going to end up clicking on one in the new post area and thinking it was the other. Also, what happened to the OU thread? was it merged or deleted and replaced? just wondering

Should we rename this thread so it doesn't get confused with the Orlando one? Like Wizarding World West and East? I just know I'm going to end up clicking on one in the new post area and thinking it was the other. Also, what happened to the OU thread? was it merged or deleted and replaced? just wondering
Yeah, I was all confused reading it for a minute.

Well, hello! For any of you on the east coast, welcome to our smaller and less immersive version of the wizarding world. However, our Forbidden Journey is much better, so we have that going for us... :p

East-coaster confirming this. I got to ride Hollywood's FJ in March during my first trip out to LA. Have to say that version is, by and large, much, much better. Projections and ride profile were greatly improved, and being able to experience the dementor scene as it was intended (arms on the dementors, the swarm of dementors finale) was a real treat!