The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 288 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The problem is this is a "Jerrod" issue. You have other posters telling you we have no issues using the lockers, while also bringing more items. Based on the dimensions, your bag should fit - but if you're packing that bag to the brim, that's on you, not Universal.
Its not a Jerrod Issue, I see normal sized backpacks everywhere.

Literally down the stairs the Mummy lockers are bigger, why are these smaller? I even looked up the new Tron lockers and they are bigger then these.

I've said my piece, not a fan and this does not in anyway improve guests experience

Also was there with family who could also not fit there bags and asked the new TMs about it and they even said they are not a fan of this because guests have been having issues fitting all items in one locker as well.

Its not a Jerrod Issue, I see normal sized backpacks everywhere.

Literally down the stairs the Mummy lockers are bigger, why are these smaller? I even looked up the new Tron lockers and they are bigger then these.

I've said my piece, not a fan and this does not in anyway improve guests experience

*this does not improve the Jerrod experience.

Big difference.

Who does this improve it for? The Size not the location because the location makes sense

Universal allows complimentary lockers based on basic necessities (purse, cell, wallet, keys, glasses). If those lockers aren't sufficient, you can either split it up or pay the $2 for a bigger locker. There is absolutely no reason why someone with 3 kids should be able to have no issues with a locker rental vs a party of one unless you're overpacking. If you're overpacking, you're more than welcome to do so - but that's not a Universal issue; hence the whole "this is a Jerrod issue".

Got it, well for "Jerrod" its a downgrade. If people are cool with them making them smaller, cool. I'm not said my piece.

Every time I go to Universal, I bring my camping gear and set up in the middle of the Forbidden Forest, and quite frankly I’m livid that these lockers won’t allow me to fit my tent, my sleeping bag, and all my cooking gear. That Universal didn’t build full-blown storage units here makes me sick to my stomach. Could I just not bring all my gear? I guess, but Universal sucks for not considering me specifically.

Every time I go to Universal, I bring my camping gear and set up in the middle of the Forbidden Forest, and quite frankly I’m livid that these lockers won’t allow me to fit my tent, my sleeping bag, and all my cooking gear. That Universal didn’t build full-blown storage units here makes me sick to my stomach. Could I just not bring all my gear? I guess, but Universal sucks for not considering me specifically.
You bring a backpack for all of your camping gear? Brother, I stuff all of my camping gear into my pockets like a real man!

For better or worse, this is clearly the direction Universal is going in. Orlando already has nearly all their lockers nearly identically sized (though oriented differently) for many, many years. Complaints or not, I seriously doubt Universal is going to change this.

Can it still bug you personally? Sure, that's fair. But unless hordes of people start complaining to Universal (and clearly, they haven't been in Orlando), I can't see it changing. As with any park policy change (for me, it's the early entry fee for HHN--that bugs me to no end, but it sure seems like its here to stay for a while), we just have to grit our teeth and adapt.

What do we think the plan is for the FJ extended queue? No obvious changes when I walked by today, but a couple people hopped the fence and made it their own private smoking section. (Didn't take a photo)

Also no obvious changes at the old lockers, just a chain out front and the door was closed
20240610_141023~2.jpg

Last edited:
Quick question! How are the seats for this version of Forbidden Journey compared to Orlando?

My partner is just slightly larger, so I think they will fit just fine… but I of course worry, would hate for them to be denied.

Quick question! How are the seats for this version of Forbidden Journey compared to Orlando?

My partner is just slightly larger, so I think they will fit just fine… but I of course worry, would hate for them to be denied.
They are the same.

Not sure if I’m just inept, but the two times we used the new lockers, when we scanned our ticket to retrieve, it would open a new locker, not our current.

Both times a TM had to help us, and their demeanour seemed to indicate they were used to this occurrence.

Notably we used our tickets via the app to access the lockers.