The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 215 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So tonight is the fireworks and red carpet with all the stars and John Williams and what not, correct? What's tomorrow? Nothing? Just a down day to clean up from tonight and make sure it's shiny for the next day?

I don't like the wristbands at all.  It doesn't make sense.  Isn't the Hogwarts express conductor and Universal president suppose to open the gates?  Are they asking them to wake up that early to open it?  I hope that's  back-up plan if it gets ridiculous and I hope it doesn't get ridiculous.

I'm guessing Wednesday is clean-up day because it is too crowded with the bleachers and stage.  If we're expecting big crowds on Thursday they are going to need to make some room!

Aside from the 8:45 live stream do we have any more info on a timeline for tonight?  Seems like the press is already checking in this early.

So tonight is the fireworks and red carpet with all the stars and John Williams and what not, correct? What's tomorrow? Nothing? Just a down day to clean up from tonight and make sure it's shiny for the next day?

Based solely on my years of theatrical experience, I'd say yes.  All of those temporary stages, lighting, and equipment have to come down and get moved out, and the entire area needs to be cleaned up for the opening.  Makes sense to me they'd need a day to do it.

Reactions: 12th Man

I'd have to imagine that tomorrow will be clean up day and Media day so the media can experience the attractions without worrying about the mass attendances.

FYI, seems like @UniStudios is @Replying to people saying not to come earlier than 2am.  Seems like they are shying away from the Weds 2pm line-up now.  I hope they Twitter handler knows better than the phone representatives.  I wonder how many people will actually come at 2am?

The Universal park map now has Hogsmeade on it. Really needs a redesign soon...

CfUmIwiUkAAGiit.jpg:large

(From Universal Core on Twitter)

FYI, seems like @UniStudios is @Replying to people saying not to come earlier than 2am.  Seems like they are shying away from the Weds 2pm line-up now.  I hope they Twitter handler knows better than the phone representatives.  I wonder how many people will actually come at 2am?

I will probably take the hit and go around 2 or 3 am. I'll try to post while I'm there even if y'all are still sleeping :p

Reactions: MattvonOz
As cool as that would be to have them do that every night, I just don't think it would logistically work. Everyone in the park would want to watch that and there's no way they can fit that many people into that small of a space. Plus, the neighbors would throw a huge fit if there were fireworks every night. Although, I don't have much sympathy for them seeing as how they chose to live next to a movie studio/theme park.

Reactions: Ryan
I don't like the wristbands at all.  It doesn't make sense.  Isn't the Hogwarts express conductor and Universal president suppose to open the gates?  Are they asking them to wake up that early to open it?  I hope that's  back-up plan if it gets ridiculous and I hope it doesn't get ridiculous.

I'm guessing Wednesday is clean-up day because it is too crowded with the bleachers and stage.  If we're expecting big crowds on Thursday they are going to need to make some room!

Aside from the 8:45 live stream do we have any more info on a timeline for tonight?  Seems like the press is already checking in this early.

As I've said before it's a day to breakdown all the set up for last night and give more one on one tours of the place for media. Last night was a once in a lifetime experience, today is a personal day to day experience. 

Reactions: Aaron and 12th Man