The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 236 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's good news. I found the glasses really distracting for the physical sets. And to my eye, the projections didn't seem to have much 3D depth, anyway.

I know one person who is devastated by the news. Seriously, he is. I'm sure when he rides it he'll realize how much better it is without it. ;)

Can't wait to check it out without the 3D tomorrow! 

I just find it disappointing that they went through all of the trouble of advertising the "first 3D version of the ride in America" and the special 3D Quidditch goggles just to get rid of the effect altogether. On the bright side, maybe this means we'll be getting on-ride photos in the near future since we won't have goggles covering our faces anymore?

I wonder if there's going to be any updates to the lighting. Didn't they brighten the ride to make up for the 3D?

I'm hearing that they dimmed the lighting on the physical sets now that we can see them better. I should be in the park tomorrow, so I'll see what differences I can spot.

I wonder if there's going to be any updates to the lighting. Didn't they brighten the ride to make up for the 3D?

If they did brighten it because of 3D, and now they made it darker, then I already know this version will be better, my biggest problem with our forbidden journey is it's too dang bright

Reactions: Allia
I wonder if they will be selling any of the googles, I want one!  I'm glad I at least got to try out the 3D version, but agree the 2D version is better.

Reactions: chris.g
Nevermind, I got to ride it today.  It is our version, not Orlando's.

Overall, I enjoyed it much more!  Especially being able to see more detail on the practical sets.  That said, I'm hearing some reports that a few people are finding some of the domes are a bit out of focus.  It wasn't for me, but others.

And still, the first flue network is still blurry.  Like it has been since day one.  I don't understand why they can't fix that one.

Rode it 3 times! Wouldn't say it's an upgrade or a downgrade, but I like it. I hope they can fix all the domes to be 4K! Also, just wanted to add that it wasn't very busy at the park today! And the definite highlight of my day was seeing the back of Jonathan Green's head  :lol:

Reactions: Ryan and Jonathan
Got to ride FJ today. The ride film is still exclusive to Hollywood (featuring the Golden Snitch and dragon effects), just changed to 2D. The lighting on the physical sets has definitely been dimmed, and it looks especially nice during the Dementor scene. I also found it worth noting that the audio clip that plays at the end of the ride reminding guests to return their goggles has been removed.

All in all, I suppose it's a welcome change. Hopefully they can fix the blurriness that some of you are reporting.

Rode it 3 times! Wouldn't say it's an upgrade or a downgrade, but I like it. I hope they can fix all the domes to be 4K! Also, just wanted to add that it wasn't very busy at the park today! And the definite highlight of my day was seeing the back of Jonathan Green's head  :lol:

It's a highlight for most.  :)

Are the rumors true? Is the back of his head actually green?  :huh:

Yes, it's true...all of it.

Finally got to ride Forbidden Journey without 3D today and I enjoyed it so much more!! I think that it felt so much more immersive without having to deal with constantly adjusting the 3D glasses and without the rim of them blocking the sets around.

Reactions: JaySalahi
I find this to be a small upgrade to the physical portions of the ride and a big downgrade to the screen portions of the ride. Overall I think the bad out weighs the good.

In case anyone is interested, Universal has a new dessert at Three Broomsticks titled Eton Mess. It's a traditional English dessert with strawberries, broken meringue and whipped heavy cream.

And it's delicious :D