Theme Park Artwork | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Park Artwork

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In part of boredom (and @Drew along with many others on twitter), I've come to thought; what could Universal for HHN in Orlando that'd be unlimited on budget and casting.

Safe to say, I went crazy.

qtSs1NR.png

(Credit of source, @Gambit)

To list,

Mazes:

A.) Castle Vampyr - The Harvest (reboot for the fan favorite series)
B.) American Horror Story: Asylum
C.) Interstitions (Crossover between HHN18 Interstellar Terror & HHN11 Superstitions)
D.) The Last of Us: Path of the Survivor (you are in the footsteps of Joel & Ellie from TLoU)
E.) Leave it to Cleaver - Fresh Meat (Sequel to Leave it to Cleaver)
F.) The Conjuring (Uses Conjuring, Annabelle, Annabelle 2 and The Conjuring 2)
G.) Bayou of Blood (Outdoor/Indoor maze with alternative endings)
H.) Trick 'R Treat (Based on the First film)
I.) House of 1000 Corpses (3D house based on Rob Zombie cult classic, outdoor facade)
J*.) Legendary Truth: Field Test (Upcharge house in Macys/Mummy extended queue, mix of live actors, VR and AR)

Scarezones:

1.) Welcome to Hell (Introduction scarezone with demons from hell)
2.) Grave of the Wicked (Spinoff of the Path of The Wicked)
3.) HorrorWood (Sequel to HHN19 Horrorwood scarezone)
4.) Collective Terror's (Modern Day Carey, creatures of all kinds running amok; with small HHN Cameos of previous characters {not icons})
5.) Pier of Freaks (Return of the Midway of the Bizarre with a new twist)
6.) BON (Japanese festival of the dead, have japanese gods and goddesses relating to death in scarezone with festival decor and heavy fog)
7.) The Festival (Icon scarezone, largest in Central Park; featuring the icon, a demented version of Bamba with a small show right next to Animal Actors)

Shows:

Academy of Villains - Day of The Dead
Bill and Teds Excellent Halloween Adeventure

I maaaay of gone a tiny bit overboard.

and by tiny, I mean freaking huge!?!?!?

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but wanted to share this sketch. I uploaded a simpler version of this a few years back. Revisited this piece this weekend and repainted it.

I call it 'The Ministry of Eternal Repose'. I wanted to create something in the style of '60s architectural concept art.

I was imagining what it would be like if, in a dystopic past, the government commissioned Disney architects to create facilities for the enforced extermination of those over thirty five years of age.

Heavily inspired by the Contemporary Hotel, I imagined they'd create something welcoming but vaguely sinister in its symmetry.

Attachments

• Highway of Future g.jpg
    Highway of Future g.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
Living for it, badlactose! Even if it is a very macabre concept lol. The irony of having gardens on the building potentially mirroring this society's control on life is a lovely touch. I also like your recurring use of texture and vibrant colors in your pieces.

Y'know, I'll help dust this thread a bit too. :toast: Here's some of my concept art for the upcoming Potter coaster:

Hi everyone! I've been a longtime reader here so I thought this would be a good place to get some feedback on some of my 3D models.

I've been obsessed with some of Universal's current ride systems (and ride vehicles) and recently I've improved my 3D modeling with lots of practice. This took me about 1 day to model so it's not 100% complete yet. I tried to make this to scale but I am limited by photos and rough estimations based on my trips there. My next project would be the Reign of Kong ride vehicle and then hopefully Gringotts bank itself.

Some feedback or criticism on this is welcome!

Attachments

• GringottsRV1.PNG
    GringottsRV1.PNG
    292.7 KB · Views: 32
  • GringottsRV2.PNG
    GringottsRV2.PNG
    290.9 KB · Views: 30
  • GringottsRV3.PNG
    GringottsRV3.PNG
    429.7 KB · Views: 31
Hi everyone! I've been a longtime reader here so I thought this would be a good place to get some feedback on some of my 3D models.

I've been obsessed with some of Universal's current ride systems (and ride vehicles) and recently I've improved my 3D modeling with lots of practice. This took me about 1 day to model so it's not 100% complete yet. I tried to make this to scale but I am limited by photos and rough estimations based on my trips there. My next project would be the Reign of Kong ride vehicle and then hopefully Gringotts bank itself.

Some feedback or criticism on this is welcome!

That looks like a great start! Its hard to model accurately without any real baseline for dimensional accuracy, but I think overall your proportions look pretty good. It's hard to tell for sure, but the only thing that I believe is throwing me off are the openings in the walls that obscure rider views left and right. They look a bit tall and elongated opposed to some images I saw online and thus make the overall form a tad stubby. Also, out of curiosity, what program are you using?

It's been a minute since I posted, and I haven't been in this particular thread for some, time so it is a funny coincidence that you are engaging in an RV model series. I too have a fascination with RVs and was also working on modeling some of my favorites out as well. I've started with JPRA (FL Version) and plan to 3D print it sometime in the future.

I was really inspired by the RV models that Universal Japan has at their guest services and I am hoping to emulate those. I'm thinking of possibly tackling the SCOOP, Kongfrontation Tram, or Jaws boat next. For JPRA I still need to model the uplift wheel assemblies but I am having trouble finding some clear images to reference. So I will probably go over to the park see if I can get some myself, just didn't have time this weekend. Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, here are some images of it below.

RENDER_PROG_1_07232018.jpg RENDER_PROG_2_07232018.jpg RENDER_PROG_3_07232018.jpg

How will you ever be able to see the wheel assemblies on JPRA?

Well, I have gleaned quite a bit from pictures so far. It rides high in the water at the splash down, in the station and especially on the first lift hill directly after load/unload. So I would just like to get a better view from angles not available in photos (i guess most people don’t deem them interesting enough to photograph). But we will see!

That looks like a great start! Its hard to model accurately without any real baseline for dimensional accuracy, but I think overall your proportions look pretty good. It's hard to tell for sure, but the only thing that I believe is throwing me off are the openings in the walls that obscure rider views left and right. They look a bit tall and elongated opposed to some images I saw online and thus make the overall form a tad stubby. Also, out of curiosity, what program are you using?

It's been a minute since I posted, and I haven't been in this particular thread for some, time so it is a funny coincidence that you are engaging in an RV model series. I too have a fascination with RVs and was also working on modeling some of my favorites out as well. I've started with JPRA (FL Version) and plan to 3D print it sometime in the future.

I was really inspired by the RV models that Universal Japan has at their guest services and I am hoping to emulate those. I'm thinking of possibly tackling the SCOOP, Kongfrontation Tram, or Jaws boat next. For JPRA I still need to model the uplift wheel assemblies but I am having trouble finding some clear images to reference. So I will probably go over to the park see if I can get some myself, just didn't have time this weekend. Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, here are some images of it below.

View attachment 7293 View attachment 7295 View attachment 7296

Ah nice to know there's someone out there who likes 3D modeling AND theme parks.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I improved them a bit ? I've gotta go back and do a rough measurement again. Tangentially to what you said, this Gringotts design needs the chassis because it feels naked.

RV1.PNG

What program did you use to add the coloring? Inventor feels limited on the texture/color options. I used Inventor for this. I've been trying to get used to Inventor for a while now because most of the companies where I want to work at uses Inventor a bit and I just love modeling in my spare time. My first modeling project was surprisingly successful.

Anyways, love that JP vehicle! That among the Transformers ride vehicle and Gringotts facade is something I've been wanting to do for a long time but I can't find the time. Forbidden Journey's ride vehicle would be a DREAM to do but alas far too complicated for me.

I have roughly finished Kong but unfortunately the 3D printed version came back really bad.

RV2.PNG RV3.PNG RV4.PNG RV5.PNG

Not necessarily theme park related in the present, but I've been slightly doing some work on UI's and layouts for video content that I do; and I am taking a very unique inspiration from Universe of Energy with the way I am presenting it.

fIG4qBZ.png

JbC6M9w.png

6R1rdGe.png

If you also know some of the stuff I do, you might catch some of the colors as references to material I do.

And one of the things when I was overlooking quite a bit of Universe of Energy photos when it came, was how there was a mix of various types of colors that were represented with the tile-work. Even if it was a gloss, or solid color; I wanted to get something right in this regard.

And that I needed to also keep in mind of things such as how much the computer can take before it heats up. And in doing so, I tried to create something that while static, can easily represent the designs I desired it to be in the endgame.

And hopefully, this is the final result.

upload_2018-8-29_13-3-19.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Descendo