Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I noticed that when I rode last friday. At least as a single rider I still got my own row.
Realistically, every other row never made logical sense in making a difference. You're screaming at 50mph... what's a row going to do, right?

If Hagrid's can do it w/o the giant seats, why shouldn't Hulk?

(From May)
I think a mask on something like Hulk (or really, any ride), is a no brainer. But equally, do we really need every other row on the Hulk? Isn’t that entirely useless on a ride like that?

By my count earlier there were eight triple digit waits, another seven with 60+ minute waits, and Hagrids, JPRA, Gringotts, and Minions were on VL.

If *that’s* where the line finally gets drawn for capacity, it’s pretty obvious that Universal doesn’t give a damn about the in-park experience. Pay to come in and only get to go on three rides? Ehh, whatever.

I get it, but is anybody really paying for a day at the parks? Worst case is premier pass holders, best is 'pay for a day'. Anyone can turn around and leave and come back some other day.

I think the 'buy a day' folks can only go one weekend day.

What does anyone expect. Companies need to employee folks, folks need to use said companies product so that company can pay....rinse lather repeat.

No I believe there is a parking lot and regular hotel-style entry and front desk. After unloading your luggage and checking in, you're then shuttled (elevator) to outer space in orbit (second floor) on the ship.
Wow, not what I had in mind at all from the start. "Honey I just have to run out to the car for a sec"

No I believe there is a parking lot and regular hotel-style entry and front desk. After unloading your luggage and checking in, you're then shuttled (elevator) to outer space in orbit (second floor) on the ship.
I count eight parking spots plus the disabled slot. Some around the side for service? But not a lot unless this is more of a limited experience than I thought it was.
Pretty limited parking so I guess they can charge a premium for it? :lmao: :lmao:

The hours changes being mostly lateral (MK excepted) is both surprising and worrying to me. I was told that the plan was to re-extend all hours for the crowd increase of the holidays. It’s making me wonder if booking are even lower than expected.
Well, moving it from 11-7 to 12-8 may mean that they aren't expecting much higher crowds than currently. Moving to 12-8 now would make more sense to me imo as few people go to Epcot early. Locals all go later at night.

I get it, but is anybody really paying for a day at the parks? Worst case is premier pass holders, best is 'pay for a day'. Anyone can turn around and leave and come back some other day.

I think the 'buy a day' folks can only go one weekend day.

What does anyone expect. Companies need to employee folks, folks need to use said companies product so that company can pay....rinse lather repeat.
But as a Premier passholder who can only go on the weekends, the in-park experience is now utterly worthless to me because they've pegged daily capacity to how much money they want to make and not at a level where weekend folks are actually able to have a decent time in the park. I can do that at every other park in Orlando, so why would I give them another $430?

There's a subtle but sizable difference between the price of a park and the value of a park. Weekends at Universal are the consequence of Marketing & Sales being allowed to run amok.

Well, moving it from 11-7 to 12-8 may mean that they aren't expecting much higher crowds than currently. Moving to 12-8 now would make more sense to me imo as few people go to Epcot early. Locals all go later at night.
During the week, it's pretty much impossible to visit any Orlando park after dinner. While opening at noon isn't great, doing what it takes to stretch something later is welcome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.