Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it but do not like some don't have to wear masks just my opinion but
If you can't wear a mask don't think you should be in a theme park right now, the mask is to protect me from your germs. So if you have the virus and don't know it yet (takes two weeks) and then say you can't wear a mask then sneeze then guess i get sick because you choose to come to the parks.

I agree. I'm of the belief that if you have some sort of condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, you should not be able to come to a theme park and pose a risk to others.

I like it but do not like some don't have to wear masks just my opinion but
If you can't wear a mask don't think you should be in a theme park right now, the mask is to protect me from your germs. So if you have the virus and don't know it yet (takes two weeks) and then say you can't wear a mask then sneeze then guess i get sick because you choose to come to the parks.
I agree. I'm of the belief that if you have some sort of condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, you should not be able to come to a theme park and pose a risk to others.

Agreed. I would say if you're going to a theme park, just assume that there are not insignificant odds you are going to be exposed. So if that would be a concern, don't even consider going. Because not everyone is going to comply at all times and there will be mistakes (lifting mask to talk or sneeze or whatever). And if the people who do that aren't complying when it's required, what makes you think they're complying when it's not?

Theme Parks are an unnecessary risk. All park-goers need to understand that.
Don't let the promise and enforcement of masks/social distancing lull you into thinking you'll be perfectly safe.

Edited for typos

Last edited:

SeaWorld and Disney *ARE* presenting tomorrow at the 10AM meeting. Sea World is first, tune in on the Orange TV YouTube stream to hear total cringe when the public comment section is read aloud. (Try reading some of the worst coronavirus threads on forums out loud, that's what it sounds like) SeaWorld goes first.

Meeting Agenda link: (may not work on mobile) Box

‪Registration is now open for Team Member previews at Universal Orlando on June 1 & 2. No guests are allowed and tickets are limited. ‬https://www.uoteam.com‬

2A0B372E-0606-4C03-ADD4-657DBC56FA77.jpeg

Agreed. I would say if you're going to a theme park, just assume that there are not insignificant odds you are going to be exposed. So if that would be a concern, don't even consider going. Because not everyone is going to comply at all times and there will be mistakes (lifting mask to talk or sneeze or whatever). And if the people who do that aren't complying when it's required, what makes you think they're complying when it's not?

Theme Parks are an unnecessary risk. All park-goers need to understand that.
Don't let the promise and enforcement of masks/social distancing lull you into thinking you'll be perfectly safe.

Edited for typos
To me there is a difference between a mistake or someone breaking the rules and allowing some not to wear it at all.

I hope Universal and Disney force masks always on people here in CA because it should be the rule for the next year.

Sea World San Diego and Legoland California (In Carlsbad) are targeting July 1st.

Wow. Way earlier than I was expecting anything in California to open.

Interesting that they're going with reservations for the TM preview, but not for the general public. You'd think that the latter would need them more.

Tweet yesterday implied they're just waiting to the last minute to implement. I fully expect EventBrite to crash some time today.

Called Universal yesterday asking whether Universal Hotel guests will have guaranteed admittance. (arriving 6/12) Was told nothing has been
set yet. We are not early risers, Would suck to get there at 10 or 11 and find park is at capacity. Would hope there put in some type of reservation system
where guests get guaranteed entrance, It would suck to pay Portofino prices and not get to go to the parks unless your there at rope drop. Would have to consider
rescheduling visit if that is the case.

Really?

Or the ebay folks and bloggers are starving.

I get that it seems crazy, but shouldn't we be applauding the fact that they are all actually maintaining distance and wearing masks?

Sidenote: I have a friend who ebays stuff and he's never made more than ever during this pandemic. He doesn't do Disney stuff though, just buys stuff like NBA Jerseys and Shoes at discount stores and resells for market value and makes ridiculous money.

Status
Not open for further replies.