Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire never really made sense in the scheme of things: it was more expensive than Endless or Cabana yet didn't offer the amenities that HRH or Royal offer at a slightly higher price point.

Reactions: JoeCamel

Sapphire never really made sense in the scheme of things: it was more expensive than Endless or Cabana yet didn't offer the amenities that HRH or Royal offer at a slightly higher price point.
They went for the convention crowd, most of those don't care about express just convenience to the venue.

if the Touring Plan app times are close to actual, it looks like another decent, covid safety limited capacity level and lines, Saturday crowd for IOA & USF. Those locals seem to like Saturdays at Universal, even with covid restrictions. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Victoria
They went for the convention crowd, most of those don't care about express just convenience to the venue.
Oh that makes sense haha. Shocked by its beauty first time I stayed there. Thought hotel was so nice it should be up there with the three that offer express.

---
Any particular reasons for the crowds today?

Oh that makes sense haha. Shocked by its beauty first time I stayed there. Thought hotel was so nice it should be up there with the three that offer express.

---
With more and more people figuring out about that BOGO ticket, wouldn’t be surprised that a lot of families started using it today. I could also see it being like this for a few more weeks until schools go back in

---
With more and more people figuring out about that BOGO ticket, wouldn’t be surprised that a lot of families started using it today

The BOGO, buy a day and come back all year and it is the last weekend before many schools start back up.

With more and more people figuring out about that BOGO ticket, wouldn’t be surprised that a lot of families started using it today. I could also see it being like this for a few more weeks until schools go back in
The BOGO, buy a day and come back all year and it is the last weekend before many schools start back up.
THE LOCALS ARE COMING! THE LOCALS ARE COMING!
1597507589937.png

• Haha
Reactions: Grabnar and Mad Dog
Yes. I've stayed at Sapphire for a few vacations, plus when I stay at CBBR, I usually walk through the Sapphire lobby to get to the Water Taxi. Nearly always the bulk of the people are in suits or business attire, which tells you a lot. I actually like Sapphire more than Royal Pacific, but it's missing that big extra, namely Express passes, which keeps it from being the equal to RP. Better restaurants and bars at Sapphire too......and the Hulk now up to 150 minutes. "Hulk strong. Puny Covid not stop Hulk." ;)

Last edited:
Yeah... I'm hearing nothing, but absolutely terrible things about Universal today.

Clearly people have come to protest the closing of F&F

Also, I wonder how much of these times have to do with crowding and how much have to do with distancing

Still though, part of me is happy to see the parks populated

Here's a live stream of the parks currently

Good thing they cut hours and attractions.

You would think this scenario would be out the end of the attendance capacity, but perhaps those went out the window once Comcast cracked the whip.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Yeah... those crowds are completely unacceptable. I agree with @Drew here:

Disney, on the other hand, seems to have completely reasonable wait times right now.
Horror Nights would have been far worse

Good thing they cut hours and attractions.

You would think this scenario would be out the end of the attendance capacity, but perhaps those went out the window once Comcast cracked the whip.
I suppose they're trying to regain some momentum before attendance takes the fall nose dive

IOA is extending hours today, havne't seen anything official yet but TMs were notified.

As for UOR crowds vs Uni's, it's 100% the reservation system not being balanced correctly. If they allowed "day of" reservations for APs (and some sort of park hopping) Disney would see larger crowds.

This is my last day at Cabana Bay and I’ve been here for three days. Thursday and Friday wasn’t too bad at Volcano Bay. The hotel is more packed than I anticipated. I tried going back to Volcano Bay again just now and it’s slammed packed. It’s super hot and packed, I ended up just leaving. There was a line to get into the Fearless River and I’ve never seen that happen before. I went to the hotel pool after and I couldn’t find a chair. I was going to go try to hit Studios and IOA but the wait times look crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: Teebin
Status
Not open for further replies.