Themed Lands? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Themed Lands?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Judging from what I've heard, their budget only goes skin-deep. I've heard bad things about their operations.

By operations do you mean ride maintenance or more?
Let's just say for once, Hollywood actually has competition when it comes to guest-turnover for Transformers. For numerous reasons, Singapore never runs at full capacity. I've also heard some concerns about the cheapness of their attractions. To use the example of Transformers again, the screens they use are supposed to be of inferior quality in comparison to Hollywood.

Here's an anecdote from Nicholas over at Dejiki.com to give you a sense of what I mean:

Maintenance is pretty minimal here. The park spends money only on the essentials, such as safety and ride equipment. Ride effects are the last on the list to be maintained. Even the Universal Globe was broken and stopped spinning for almost half a year in 2010. I understand from another Universal Parks fan that the same tight maintenance budgeting is practiced in the US too, but I don't think any other Globe was down for such a long period of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh wow. Yeah, I've heard you talk about the cheapness of certain effects and upkeeping before after your trip. I guess USS has some great concepts (such as Mummy, which is the best Mummy ride) but cuts corners else where. USH is guilty of that too sometimes in certain aspects ;) but not as bad.

I'm still confused why Singapore got an inferior projection system for Transformers. Like....I just simply don't get it. Absolutely weird