Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open) | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I remember when a hopper crossing the 150 mark seemed insane.

Universal has crazy day rates too but at least my 15 month season pass renewal was 350.
And AP prices will go up when a 3rd park is added. Universal annual is cheaper because you get half the parks. As they add parks their prices will also go up. Both Universal and Disney have insane ticket prices and they do because they can. The majority do not pay 1 day prices and get multi-day passes.

But we can't look at that and expect every ride to be the best ever. These parks can't afford that. I mean that is why we got villian-con at Universal.

I think this overlay will be received well by the GP that patrons Disney and kids will absolutely love it more than Splash and want to go on it more because of the theme. It will do what Disney wanted. In reality our opinions on this board don't matter as we are not the majority of the GP.

• Love
Reactions: OrlLover

Oh what could have been.

This is also without effects

In my mind you would use Map Projections on the roof and walls and have the green magic effect from the animation and purple symbols

Have a Voodoo Drumers where the Birds used to be and have it where Dr Facilier face have the white mask projected on him when you pass him

Also for everyone saying you can't have Voodoo on the ride....call it magic and done

Reactions: belloq87
I think people don't understand that "Friends on the other side" literally happened in the beginning of the movie so how could they have it at the end of the ride after everything happens?

I think people don't understand that "Friends on the other side" literally happened in the beginning of the movie so how could they have it at the end of the ride after everything happens?
lol

Its a Ride they can put it where ever they want. Have you Ridden Star Tours....it literally has locations and characters from different time periods

So out of the blue. . . are ya reeeaaadddyyyyy, drop then I'm at a party lol. People are already tearing up the current story, I can imagine what they will do with that incohesive plot.

And AP prices will go up when a 3rd park is added. Universal annual is cheaper because you get half the parks. As they add parks their prices will also go up. Both Universal and Disney have insane ticket prices and they do because they can. The majority do not pay 1 day prices and get multi-day passes.

But we can't look at that and expect every ride to be the best ever. These parks can't afford that. I mean that is why we got villian-con at Universal.

I think this overlay will be received well by the GP that patrons Disney and kids will absolutely love it more than Splash and want to go on it more because of the theme. It will do what Disney wanted. In reality our opinions on this board don't matter as we are not the majority of the GP.
I’m so exhausted by this conversation concerning this ride that I refuse to engage any more.

Too much emotion and toxicity has been involved with the criticism with this ride.

Last edited:

The Disney AP price is 1450 minimum because they won't sell non locals the cheaper ones. Unless Universal redoes the structure of their passes completely it will still be more affordable.

So out of the blue. . . are ya reeeaaadddyyyyy, drop then I'm at a party lol. People are already tearing up the current story, I can imagine what they will do with that incohesive plot.
lol

They would build up to it....your boat goes off track into his part of the woods or whatever and then yeah you go to the party.

That is literally what Splash was....you were in the laughing place then get captured and thrown into the Briar patch and then they throw a big party on the boat.

The Disney AP price is 1450 minimum because they won't sell non locals the cheaper ones. Unless Universal redoes the structure of their passes completely it will still be more affordable.
Agreed, that is one difference is that non-FL Residence can't purchase all types of APs at Disney where Universal you can. But again, I said Universal will get more expensive, I never said they would ever be as expensive as Disney. I also don't think we get a 4th park for a very very long time. And without a 4th they couldn't bring their prices up to Disney. I am just saying you can't currently compare the prices since one has 4 parks and the other 2. That is like comparing Sea World and Universal, you also can't compare those two even though SW is way cheaper than Universal.

I've seen this theory a lot this week. Have we forgotten that Supercharged -- based on franchise whose average box office probably triples F&tF -- closes for months at a time because no one wants to ride it? Or go to the Tropical Americas thread, discussion today is how Dinosaur hasn't pulled in a crowd for years.

The idea that the GP has no taste is just flat-out wrong. There's always an early bump, but in the end, good rides will out. Word-of-mouth means the turkeys just don't draw a crowd long-term. (And if WDW CMs and influencers honored with the chance to be FIRST! on a new ride are meh on it, I have little faith people who dropped $200 to be there are going to be more forgiving.)

Have we forgotten that Supercharged -- based on franchise whose average box office probably triples F&tF -- closes for months at a time
C'mon man. Supercharged is not a fair assessment because the ride sucks from beginning to end. Even if it were probably themed to potter with all else staying the same it would still suck.

I've seen this theory a lot this week. Have we forgotten that Supercharged -- based on franchise whose average box office probably triples F&tF -- closes for months at a time because no one wants to ride it? Or go to the Tropical Americas thread, discussion today is how Dinosaur hasn't pulled in a crowd for years.

The idea that the GP has no taste is just flat-out wrong. There's always an early bump, but in the end, good rides will out. Word-of-mouth means the turkeys just don't draw a crowd long-term. (And if WDW CMs and influencers honored with the chance to be FIRST! on a new ride are meh on it, I have little faith people who dropped $200 to be there are going to be more forgiving.)
Are you really comparing this to Supercharged?!?!? This is 100x better than Supercharged. Dinosaur has no IP associated with it and the ride system can be rough and it is way to scary for many little children. They actually made splash LESS scary with this change (which is what many are complaining about) and so it will appeal to more kids not less like Dinosaur.

You are really making bad comparisons here as to why those attractions didn't hold up over time. Look at Frozen, I think that was a horrible re-do yet because it is based on a great franchise it still has lines. This is based on a fairly popular princess, has a great ride system, and looks amazing from the outside. It will hold the same lines splash did in the long run and be a bump in lines the first year or two. It accomplished what Disney wanted. A bump in numbers and get rid of a tie back to a troublesome movie.

But the ride isn't really tied to the movie. Yes they changed the name, but that is it. Again, comparing apples and oranges.
They also changed the dino statue out front to the star of the movie, Aladar, and had a full scale animatronic of him in the water for the river boat ride to cross promote the film and the ride. He's our dino and he's special because he's the star of the film. If the film had lasted within the cutltural zeitgeist that would have carried more weight is all.

This ride was always based on the movie... they just built it so early the plot of the film changed after the ride opened. But originally it ended with all dinosaurs going extinct. And the ride was our chance to save the main character after the fact.

It was too dark, obviously. So they moved the asteroid to the beginning of the movie. And its not the the one that killed everyone lol

They also changed the dino statue out front to the star of the movie, Aladar, and had a full scale animatronic of him in the water for the river boat ride to cross promote the film and the ride. He's our dino and he's special because he's the star of the film. If the film had lasted within the cutltural zeitgeist that would have carried more weight is all.

This ride was always based on the movie... they just built it so early the plot of the film changed after the ride opened. But originally it ended with all dinosaurs going extinct. And the ride was our chance to save the main character after the fact.

It was too dark, obviously. So they moved the asteroid to the beginning of the movie. And its not the the one that killed everyone lol
Interesting. I didn't realize it was always meant to be based on a not yet out movie.

Either way, who ever talks about this movie anymore? Princesses is a different story. Merchandise is still selling for Princess and the Frog in regular stores unlike this movie. Yes, dinosaurs sell, but again I go back to the age they sell to are too scared or too short to get on this ride.

Reactions: Alicia
Interesting. I didn't realize it was always meant to be based on a not yet out movie.

Either way, who ever talks about this movie anymore? Princesses is a different story. Merchandise is still selling for Princess and the Frog in regular stores unlike this movie. Yes, dinosaurs sell, but again I go back to the age they sell to are too scared or too short to get on this ride.
Oh no I definitely agree with you on Dinosaur. I see countless children run out of that ride crying. It's just way too dark and scary for its target demographic.