Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For what it’s worth, my Disney info has been off a lot lately, but I have heard July 4th goal for an opening. Weird it’s not announced yet with expected lower crowds this summer.

I'm one of Splash's biggest fans. But I think the outside of this is even better looking than Splash. And, that's a real compliment.....I'm actually hoping it doesn't open until July. When it opens it's going to be near impossible to get on, so I have no hope of riding it. But, I'm taking the girls on vacation in early June, and I'd rather the crowds be manageable. A Tiana opening will bring big crowds to MK.

Last edited:
Yeah, said this from the start. While I love Splash this at night time will look better...the day time....not to me at least not yet but I think for sure at night it will look better

For what it’s worth, my Disney info has been off a lot lately, but I have heard July 4th goal for an opening. Weird it’s not announced yet with expected lower crowds this summer.
I mean Universal hasn't announced any of their summer opening stuff either. Seems all the parks in Orlando are pretty quiet right now about opening dates.

It's going to be so beautiful, that even if you don't ride it, you'll be able to enjoy it's aesthetics. A definite plus for the park's look.
Yeah, that section alone looks better at night than Splash Mountain ever did. And something that hasn't been captured on photos but mentioned by those taking them are the fireflies in the trees, definitely an effect you have to see in person.

It's kind of amazing how quickly the narrative around this ride turned around when they just started finishing and revealing the cool stuff they were building. I'm sure there was an audience out there for the (important! interesting in its own right!) narrative around this ride's backstory and its authenticity to the people and culture of New Orleans, but it was almost certainly not the right narrative with which to singularly pitch this particular ride.

Obviously, people would have different standards for, say, a Tropical Americas land being built in Animal Kingdom, where audiences expect cultural authenticity and find it a more integral aspect of that park's appeal.

Reactions: saint.piss