Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Uhhh... no it’s not. This is a theme park discussion forum, we’re going to talk about this.

Conversely, Brian doesn’t need to let you on his podcast. Talk about it on here, but there’s no incentive for Brian to give you a platform through his podcast.
Oh- they’ve already brought this up on their podcast?

“The last thing we need is a bunch of white dudes talking about this even more than we have.”

No? They haven’t? Then what does “even more than we have” mean?

Exactly.

“the last thing we need is a bunch of white cuffs talking about this even more than we have.”
*100 more posts of white dudes*

That’s irony, to a T (if you liked his post; which you did).

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
Here's the real question

Was this actually planned a year out or did some poor conceptual artist have to rush a rendering?

Something we forget about in the theme park ride world is that things don't just happen.

I wonder how long this has been in the can

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Oh- they’ve already brought this up on their podcast?

“The last thing we need is a bunch of white dudes talking about this even more than we have.”

No? They haven’t? Then what does “even more than we have” mean?

Exactly.

“the last thing we need is a bunch of white cuffs talking about this even more than we have.”
*100 more posts of white dudes*

That’s irony, to a T (if you liked his post; which you did).

Andy, you need to stop.

Here's the real question

Was this actually planned a year out or did some poor conceptual artist have to rush a rendering?

Something we forget about in the theme park ride world is that things don't just happen.

I’m sure they’ve been working on it in some form or another for quite some time. It probably just got a Fastpass to the front.

Anyway, They could turn Golden Horseshoe into Tiana's Place. A full on Dinner Show with Tiana singing with a live jazz band. Priced similar to Hoop De Doo and Luau. Country Bears becomes Louis' Jazz Club and is a brand new AA Musical Review with Special Guest Star Big Al. Pecos Bills becomes French Quarter Cafe with gumbo, jambalaya, muffalettas, etc. And Golden Oak Outpost becomes Charlotte's Patisserie serving Tiana's Beignets, Banana Fosters Cream Puffs, and "Big Daddy's Coffee" (Chicory Coffee with Bourbon and Whipped Cream).

But then Big Thunder sticks out like a sore thumb without any of Frontierland left. You're trading one thematic incongruity for another.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Here's the real question

This is why I tend to believe Disney when they say it's been in the works for a year already. I mean, you can define "in the works" however you like, but you're right, things don't just happen in the theme park world -- especially at Disney. I don't think concept art like this just materializes out of the blue.

Now, I'm definitely not trying to suggest that this has been a plan of their's for years and the timing of the announcement is just a happy coincidence. But I also don't think this is an example of Disney "caving in to pressure," which seems like a miscategorization given what we've seen so far. (It's also an unfair way to describe Disney doing the right thing, even if it took them decades to do it.)

I don't think concept art like this just materializes out of the blue.
Someone could absolutely draw that in two weeks. But WDI has reams of ideas that never get approved and reams more that don't even get considered for approval. The first time Splash and PatF were mentioned in the same sentence was likely not within the past few months.

However, was this on the menu in February/March? The answer to that is likely no, something was probably sacrificed to make way.

Someone could absolutely draw that in two weeks. But WDI has reams of ideas that never get approved and reams more that don't even get considered for approval. The first time Splash and PatF were mentioned in the same sentence was likely not within the past few months.

However, was this on the menu in February/March? The answer to that is likely no, something was probably sacrificed to make way.
This guy on twitter, who basically put together a PatF ride and kind of got the movement towards it started a few weeks ago, said he had been working on this for a year. If he has, then I imagine WDI has been kicking around the idea for awhile, too (even if it was just blue sky). Although I will say there wasn't even legit rumor of this. This seemed to have even shocked Martin.

Very genuine question here, and please forgive my ignorance, but was anyone complaining about this ride prior to the past few weeks?
Yes. For a long time. Remember that Disney rereleased SotS in 1986, just to see if there would be racial protest over an attraction based on the IP. While they did the best they could to scrub the problatic elements out of SM, ignoring the minstrel roots ("Zip Coon" to "Zipadeedoodah") was something that could only be ignored by closing your eyes, which so many people have done, and are no longer willing to do.

But then Big Thunder sticks out like a sore thumb without any of Frontierland left. You're trading one thematic incongruity for another.
Make big Thunder the start of a new Frontierland use TSI as expansion land. Dock the Mark Twain or build a draw bridge and go full western on the TSI plot with a new E-ticket.

I’m absolutely convinced that the PatF re-theme petition was a controlled leak to gauge GP reaction and create buzz. It’s just such a specific cause that I can’t believe it was a coincidence, especially after Scott Trowbridge said he’s been stealthily working on the project for a year now. That, to me, says that they were pretty far along/seriously considering the project.

I think they knew Song of the South needed to go, so they started developing PatF and when the BLM movement really picked up steam, it was a great time to make a move.

This isn’t a dig at Disney, btw, I’m all for this lol. The whole circus around it is just so unusual, I can’t help to think it was intentional.

I’m absolutely convinced that the PatF re-theme petition was a controlled leak to gauge GP reaction and create buzz. It’s just such a specific cause that I can’t believe it was a coincidence, especially after Scott Trowbridge said he’s been stealthily working on the project for a year now. That, to me, says that they were pretty far along/seriously considering the project.

I think they knew Song of the South needed to go, so they started developing PatF and when the BLM movement really picked up steam, it was a great time to make a move.

This isn’t a dig at Disney, btw, I’m all for this lol. The whole circus around it is just so unusual, I can’t help to think it was intentional.
If anything was a leak, it was the dude who posted the PatF twitter thread (which I just reposted above). It was posted to gauge response as you said and it was received extremely well. Based on that, they knew there wouldn't be an upheaval, but a celebration by many if they announced that Splash was being rethemed.

This is why I tend to believe Disney when they say it's been in the works for a year already. I mean, you can define "in the works" however you like, but you're right, things don't just happen in the theme park world -- especially at Disney. I don't think concept art like this just materializes out of the blue.

Now, I'm definitely not trying to suggest that this has been a plan of their's for years and the timing of the announcement is just a happy coincidence. But I also don't think this is an example of Disney "caving in to pressure," which seems like a miscategorization given what we've seen so far. (It's also an unfair way to describe Disney doing the right thing, even if it took them decades to do it.)
I agree completely

Scott Trowbridge even said that the team has been working on it for "quite a while"

I think Disney knew it was time to change it

Disney as a company will always bend to what the majority deems popular...or..what they think the majority deems popular

If anything was a leak, it was the dude who posted the PatF twitter thread (which I just reposted above). It was posted to gauge response as you said and it was received extremely well. Based on that, they knew there wouldn't be an upheaval, but a celebration by many if they announced that Splash was being rethemed.

Ah, I didn’t see your post. Yes, that makes a lot of sense as a starting point!

Literally everything I posted has been talked about within WDI, rumored for years and concept art is out there. The ride would be a river rapids ride I believe.

I've heard similar proposals.

I stand by my contention that they're not happening in short order!

The most I could see Disney doing -- assuming they're not going to attempt to make Magic Kingdom's version of the ride feel like it could belong in Frontierland -- would be to retheme Pecos Bill to something New Orleans-y, and continue that theme work down the walkway to Caribbean Plaza in Adventureland. Then somehow try to make the path from Frontierland directly to Big Thunder more of a clear demarcation to let guests know to "GO THIS WAY" for more Frontierland, or "GO STRAIGHT" for mini New Orleans.