TODAY Cafe | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

TODAY Cafe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Announced today on The Today Show, along with sweepstakes Enter TODAY Cafe Flyaway Sweepstakes at Universal Orlando Resort!

today_cafe_new_main_214b75f2652f01cbf24b5a855c8fd6bb.fit-760w.jpg
This looks better than I thought it would...Way better than whatever the other one was supposed to look like

Reactions: Clive
I'm hoping this is the start of upgrading the park's entrance area a bit. I'm not expecting a major overhaul but at least some interior upgrades to modernize the area.
The problem is, there really isn't a lot of room to work with at the front of the park. There's no build-up (a longer entry area like most Disney parks have)... once you're in, you aren't far from Despicable Me. I really don't know how they can fix this other than by moving the entrance back a bit to expand the entry of the park a bit.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
The problem is, there really isn't a lot of room to work with at the front of the park. There's no build-up (a longer entry area like most Disney parks have)... once you're in, you aren't far from Despicable Me. I really don't know how they can fix this other than by moving the entrance back a bit to expand the entry of the park a bit.

I meant interior upgrades and some fresh touches. I didn't mean a complete tear down of buildings and building new structures. Just change a few colors, etc.

I meant interior upgrades and some fresh touches. I didn't mean a complete tear down of buildings and building new structures. Just change a few colors, etc.
What buildings are left to re-do besides the studio store and camera shop though? They tore out the insides and redid the facades for the Betty Boop/Hello Kitty Store recently.

I think whatever replaces Shrek needs a better entry facade opposite the Despicable Me house entry and you got yourself a pretty much re-done entry - as compared to 1990.

What buildings are left to re-do besides the studio store and camera shop though? They tore out the insides and redid the facades for the Betty Boop/Hello Kitty Store recently.

I think whatever replaces Shrek needs a better entry facade opposite the Despicable Me house entry and you got yourself a pretty much re-done entry - as compared to 1990.

Studio Sweets, On Location, etc.
My main problem is that not everything in the entrance has a similar tone or architectural style.

Honestly if they redid the camera shop, sweet shop and update the outdoor aesthetic of the Universal shop then I would be a happy camper...I always wondered why they didn't keep the look going with the camera shop

I'm note likely the go in with the local coffee option. I'm a Joffreys guy in the Disney Parks, and it'll be nice having a similar option at Uni.