Tokyo Disneyland Resort | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We also received concept art for the 3 new attractions coming: Anna and Elsa’s Frozen Journey, Rapunzel’s Lantern Festival and Peter Pan’s Never Land Adventure.

Key points for the Frozen ride:
  • In Anna and Elsa’s Frozen Journey, guests set out on a voyage by boat that leads them through the events of Frozen. Through this voyage, guests will enjoy an adventurous and heartwarming tale of two sisters with themes of true love.
  • Grand Pabbie, the leader of the trolls, first draws guests into the world of the film as he tells the tale of Anna and Elsa to two young trolls, bringing the sisters’ childhood memories back to life with an iridescent light through his magic.
  • Guests then embark on a journey through the sisters’ memories, accompanied by well-known songs from the film, including “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?,” “For the First Time in Forever” and “Love Is an Open Door,” the duet sung by Anna and Hans at the top of the clock tower.
  • Guests will also be able to enjoy the fan-favorite “Let It Go,” sung by Elsa as she climbs North Mountain, where she creates an ice palace with her powers.
  • The climax of the attraction depicts Anna turning to ice in an attempt to save Elsa from Hans. In Anna and Elsa’s Frozen Journey, guests can look forward to seeing how the events of the story play out, while delighting in a tale of adventure and true love.
Sounds a lot better than HK and Paris's version of Frozen ever after. If Frozen comes to DLR for DL Forward, this is the attraction they should get, maybe incorporating elements from Frozen 3 and 4 knowing the rate at which Disney builds.
Wait... is Peter Pan's new ride in 3D!?
Yes. Peter Pan is the ride in FS that I am the most excited for as it is Disney's take on Transformers and IOA Spiderman and will basically preview what the Avengers E ticket for DCA will be when it eventually gets built. But I do wish that instead of 3D glasses, Disney used the 2 1/2D from MMRR or the screen techniques from the USB JW ride.

Reactions: Wesker69
Peter Pan being 3D is a turn off for me. Although I think it's even more weird not being a traditional flying ship dark ride lol. Still curious to see a ride POV for it when it opens!!

Reactions: TheUniC6
If and I mean IF this Avengers ride ever gets built at DCA, I would pay attention to the Peter Pan ride. It sounds like it will adapt the same ride format as Peter Pan.
FWIW someone over on the WDW forums thinks the Avengers E ticket will break ground one Peter Pan opens at TDS. I think that sounds too good to be true, but I do think some form of an Avengers E ticket will get built eventually as Marvel as a whole is an evergreen franchise.

FWIW someone over on the WDW forums thinks the Avengers E ticket will break ground one Peter Pan opens at TDS. I think that sounds too good to be true, but I do think some form of an Avengers E ticket will get built eventually as Marvel as a whole is an evergreen franchise.
So there is still hope this thing can be open by the 2028 Olympics. Good.

I’m looking forward to when this is all said and done! The Peter Pan ride really catches my eye as it sounds like it will be a Disney attempt at an overtly Universal-style ride.

Reactions: saint.piss
Peter Pan being 3D is a turn off for me. Although I think it's even more weird not being a traditional flying ship dark ride lol. Still curious to see a ride POV for it when it opens!!
TDL already has the classic Peter Pan's Flight, and by the sound of things, it seems it isn't going anywhere even when the new ride opens.

The Frozen land HK Disneyland should have gotten. Building a castle that you can’t go into was really strange. The restaurant in Tokyo looks amazing.
I even think Paris needed this version even more since it’s currently going to be the anchor of an expansion that involves a very long walk and only one cloned ride. Plus how long until they get that second land around the lake? Not entering HKDL’s castle is disappointing but the land fits the scale of HKDL quite well (especially with how well they blended the fake rock work with their real mountains).

lol

I dislike so much how Disney just allows the east to make such amazing things...and we the west may take whatever scraps we can get

Like imagine a world where every Disney park gets updates like this every ten years....

Anyway, looks fantastic and can't wait to see it one day. As for Pan being in 3D he is like that in Philharmagic so fine with me

lol

I dislike so much how Disney just allows the east to make such amazing things...and we the west may take whatever scraps we can get

Like imagine a world where every Disney park gets updates like this every ten years....

Anyway, looks fantastic and can't wait to see it one day. As for Pan being in 3D he is like that in Philharmagic so fine with me
Probably has a lot to do with Disney not being a majority owner of any of the Asian resorts. The resorts they call the shots on, which also includes Paris during the past decade, don't get as much love.

Reactions: Wesker69
Probably has a lot to do with Disney not being a majority owner of any of the Asian resorts. The resorts they call the shots on, which also includes Paris during the past decade, don't get as much love.
My question I guess is, all businesses wanted money

Why do the Disney owned resorts see it as more profitable to not spend money, but the eastern parks do? Like why make amazing rides like this if you can make more profits making crappier rides?

I love them for doing it but no idea why Jurassic World in China is a million times better then the states since both parks you assumed would want to make the most amount of money they can....why do some companies invest but then the US parks don't are the US parks raking in Millions more a year from investing less?
I'm trying to understand why one place can spend what seems like a million times more and stay in business

I love them for doing it but no idea why Jurassic World in China is a million times better then the states since both parks you assumed would want to make the most amount of money they can....why do some companies invest but then the US parks don't are the US parks raking in Millions more a year from investing less?
I'm trying to understand why one place can spend what seems like a million times more and stay in business
I suppose I'd first argue that Jurassic World in Beijing, while extremely impressive, isn't "a million times better" than the offerings you'll find in the United States (assuming we're just talking about the peak that you'll find at the respective Universal parks). But, even if we accept that it is substantially better, you just gotta look at who's footing the bill (a consortium that includes state-owned companies).

More broadly, the market in Osaka is different than the market in Paris than it is in Orlando. The United States is a remarkably wealthy country (although, of course, exceptionally unequally) and as such companies can charge significant significantly more than in other nations. That's an oversimplification, of course, but just keep in mind that while these are global brands, they serve local markets.

(To be clear, I also find it frustrating that Disneyland is three times the price of its Japanese counterparts, but comparing the resorts business practices is a bit apples to oranges, if that makes sense)