Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

Eh.. their maintenance is top notch and they do a wonderful job of preserving the attractions there, but they actually are pretty modest in their investments.

BATB is the first major addition to the park since Monsters Inc in 2009 and before that was Pooh's Hunny Hunt in 2000.

I mean, Tokyo DisneySea within the span of the decade after Monster's Inc did bring large scale investments.

Especially with versions of Toy Story Mania and Soarin, alongside the redo of Stormrider to Finding Nemo/Dory. And even then, those were rather big additions for the land they were on.

It looks like the load area will be similar to the teacups where you go onto the floor instead of boarding in a station.
I wonder if the ride is 8 minutes long in the same way Rise of the Resistance is 15 minutes long.

The new Tokyo Disneyland Park attractions will be opening on September 28th!

That castle is stunning, I'd say it's only second to Disneyland Paris as the most Beautiful Disney Castle. :thumbsup:

Always been a fan of B&TB (The cartoon version) so great to see it finally getting a proper attraction.

I wonder if the ride is 8 minutes long in the same way Rise of the Resistance is 15 minutes long.

I don't think the OLC feels the need to overpromise things in the way domestic Disney does; they can trust the quality of their product, and I'd expect that 8-minute number is probably pretty close to the actual ride time.

I don't think the OLC feels the need to overpromise things in the way domestic Disney does; they can trust the quality of their product, and I'd expect that 8-minute number is probably pretty close to the actual ride time.
Honestly the building is freaking large, I'm fully expecting an 8 min ride in your teacup. An 8 min Disney dark ride isn't unheard of, either.

Honestly the building is freaking large, I'm fully expecting an 8 min ride in your teacup. An 8 min Disney dark ride isn't unheard of, either.
Well, for classic rides, yes, but most dark rides since the 90s have come in at around 4 to 5 minutes (likely due to ride systems that require more space such as the EMV, Test Track vehicles, and the trackless vehicles). For that reason, the length is remarkable.

Well, for classic rides, yes, but most dark rides since the 90s have come in at around 4 to 5 minutes (likely due to ride systems that require more space such as the EMV, Test Track vehicles, and the trackless vehicles). For that reason, the length is remarkable.
Very fair point! Even more reason this attraction seems so special.

New Fantasyland appears to have soft opened for the day. No filming of attractions of course, it's in Japan, but you know...

EDIT: Some pictures of the Fantasyland Forest Theatre

And some rock work in the area

Give this guy a follow if you want to see very detailed pictures of the theming in the area.

Last edited:
Looks like BaTB isn't open today? It's only been a few hours but the few tweets I've seen show the entrance closed.