Tomorrowland re-do? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Tomorrowland re-do?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think I'd still rather it replace it. I hate the speedway ;)

You and me both! It's on a short list of attractions in Florida I ACTIVELY don't like... And it wouldn't be so offensive to me if it didn't take up such a large foot print... or was more interesting aesthetically. The local amusement park I went to growing up had two different car type rides and I would rate them both higher than the Speedway.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Tomorrowland Speedway was my first job in Florida (waaaay back in 1974, before OSHA and safety concerns). So many employees suffered broken ankles (from jumping on the cars to bring them to load) it was nicknamed 'Blood Alley'.

No i'm being serious... Reliable source says it's going "behind" speedway.... There is some theorizing going on that I don't even want to repeat...

Well there is that giant walkway behind the speedway, that has always been called the Space Mountain Short cut in my family. Although it doesn't seem like enough room for a Tron Coaster. Also, it would possibly interfere with the railroad.

If they do re-theme the speedway, I think the Wreck it Ralph Candy course makes the most sense.

At that point the Speed track could officially become part of Fantasyland.

They could create an overpass walkway for the train and build it next to space mountain the in the open land.
Yea, there's always the build outside the berm gameplan that's worked out for Space Mountain.

But still, Speedway's kind of bleh. If we get a Wreck it Ralph - Sugar Rush ride, I'd like to see it be our version of Radiator Springs Racers, with an entirely new ride system (and get rid of the noisy go-karts on rails.)

It sounds like Tomrorowland will get a MASSIVE overhaul that includes Stich being overhauled, the TRON coaster, and a refurbishment of Speedway... which the source is indicating WON'T be Sugar Rush... unfortunately... I don't know if that means Cars?

A full Tomorrowland overhaul sounds super exciting. I wonder if the scope of Epcot plans was changed to fit in a Tomorrowland re-do. I really hope not. Epcot needs more love than MK does.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
MK is already packed as it is. The thought of putting money into Epcot & DHS AND MK, as well as adding the gondolas is pretty out there, as TDO has always been the group that wants to scale back projects and scope. Have they finally realized that years of minimal investment has led to 2 basically flat attendance seasons in a row? I hope so!

Reactions: Cheezbat
I would call it, a waste of space that burns money that could be better used elsewhere for the park; as the land can then be used for proper expansion of Tomorrowland.

As for Tron, I hope if they do that, they do some aesthetic changes to Tomorrowland as a whole.

My biggest issue with it, is that the cars are undrivable. I like to think I'm a good driver but there zero chance I can drive around that track without constantly hitting the middle barrier.

Given the world we live in, gas powered cars are no longer the future. I picked up my new car last week and it's a hybrid and it's the way forward no doubt.

I'd be very happy to see Tron arrive but I just can't see it fitting in that small of an area.

Let's say that Wreck-It-Ralph and the Tron Speedway actually happen in Tomorrowland. I would hope Disney would do a land retheme at that point. What does a cohesive Tomorrowland look like and how do you differentiate it from Future World at Epcot?

Please don't die. We need your pictures and you seem like a nice person.

Tron would definitely be a huge addition to Tomorrowland. The Speedway is outdated as those rides don't have the same appeal. It was shortened too many times and is also stinky.
Yeah that area does not smell like the future... Actually! I guess it does, since decades later we still driving on 4 wheels and using gas.

I would have to disagree with the "fantasy future" for MK, it should look like an achievable future. I keep hearing Epcot's future world, and I just don't see future in there anymore. Originally used to be a Future Technology Expo "where we are and where we are heading" with deferent areas to explore (Communications/Creativity "imagination"/Land and food/Sea exploration-living/Energy/Transportation/Space exploration-living/Human Biology-Medicine "added later". Then again my 1st EPCOT Center was about 30yrs ago and we have not progressed much (things just got better, like they always have) Sorry but Future World it's now just an IP garden and even the World Showcase is getting invaded. So Epcot to me it's not about the future anymore, it's just becoming another IP theme park, that used to be an adult favorite and now it will become in another kid's central.

Oh I'm all for Tron coming to Tomorrowland. Think it's still a great idea for Disneyland as well, since they still have dormant overhead tracks taking up space for no reason. I just don't know what to expect the Guardians ride system to be now.

And don't worry, if I die, my ghost will still do video and photo updates.

GotG: Slow moving 45 minute ride with scenes right out of the movie that tell you how you need to conserve energy. And a disco Groot.

Well, your ghost could always move into the Haunted Mansion. They keep saying that there is room for another. You could be a ghost holding a camcorder (big one from the early 90's) who tapes guests as they travel past.