Tomorrowland Speedway | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Tomorrowland Speedway

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It can't go anywhere else. There's no room.

Marni said it isn't replacing and it is going behind. But he nixed the idea it is by storybook. So where else does it go?
Why else are call centers being loaded up?
What has needed a complete tear down/rebuild for early a decade?

I'm telling ya man... all signs point to space. everyone just assumes speedway gets replaced.

People would lose their Effing minds. No way that's happening, and if it is they better be replacing it with something like Avengers (which is impossible unless the made a deal with Uni).....Tron wouldn't be enough to necessitate taking out a classic mountain, I just cant see it....

Marni has spoken (Keep in mind, he originally said no when someone put an overlay up there- but the overlay of tron was WAY bigger and sideways- so he said no- so this makes more sense):

img_7737-jpg.214834

Reactions: Porkchop
Fine replace the speedway with a new concrete walking path.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I hate to sound cruel, but when the rumor of the TRON coaster replacing the Speedway hit the net I read so many comments like . "Oh nooo this is terrible!!! this is a classic family ride and my 2 year old LOVES driving the car"... "walt is spinning in his grave" " Disney is turning into Six Flags!! This is supposed to be a place for the whole family". It was giving me an aneurysm.

I hate to sound cruel, but when the rumor of the TRON coaster replacing the Speedway hit the net I read so many comments like . "Oh nooo this is terrible!!! this is a classic family ride and my 2 year old LOVES driving the car"... "walt is spinning in his grave" " Disney is turning into Six Flags!! This is supposed to be a place for the whole family". It was giving me an aneurysm.
For real. It's a travesty a ride like that still exists inside a billion dollar theme park IMO

For real. It's a travesty a ride like that still exists inside a billion dollar theme park IMO

Yeah again, I'm not discounting anyone's nostalgia they might have towards it, but there are there were two car rides in my local amusement park growing up. I would rate them both higher than the speedway. There is nothing special, or unique, or futuristic, or interesting, about this attraction. #sorry :D

Reactions: Andysol
Yeah again, I'm not discounting anyone's nostalgia they might have towards it, but there are there were two car rides in my local amusement park growing up. I would rate them both higher than the speedway. There is nothing special, or unique, or futuristic, or interesting, about this attraction. #sorry :D
Yeah I get your child feels like they are driving a car, but it's still a crappy ride. It's a load nightmare, you huff exhaust fumes the whole time, there is no theming , and it's makes 0 sense to be there. Replace it with electric cars or a dark ride for kids.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm starting to get the idea that the Speedway will remain but will get a TRON type re-theme. When someone suggested the Speedway replacement and the new TRON ride should get their own threads Marni said they should NOT.

I think giving the Speedway a TRON makeover could be a great idea thematically. The only thing I can't picture is how such a slow ride would work with Tron .

I'm starting to get the idea that the Speedway will remain but will get a TRON type re-theme. When someone suggested the Speedway replacement and the new TRON ride should get their own threads Marni said they should NOT.

I think giving the Speedway a TRON makeover could be a great idea thematically. The only thing I can't picture is how such a slow ride would work with Tron .

If the Speedway gets a retheme, please for the love of god; can both Anaheim and Orlando get electric cars?!

As for if Tron is on the new plot, could it be possible that there may be two entrances and exits? One for Fantasyland and the other for Tomorrowland?

So they would, in theory; use the pad next to Space Mountain?

That's...surprising.

Why is it surprising? MK is still hitting record numbers and the more area there is, the better.

If they went the electric car route, I would love Tesla to get involved some how with the parks. Probably not the speedway as kids crashing into each other probably isn't a good way to sell the brand. It would be good PR for Tesla and if they can even get some Disney Easter eggs in their cars, the Disney fans would lose their minds.

If the Speedway gets a retheme, please for the love of god; can both Anaheim and Orlando get electric cars?!

As for if Tron is on the new plot, could it be possible that there may be two entrances and exits? One for Fantasyland and the other for Tomorrowland?

It seems Tron is going to be built on top of the Speedway. No point in keeping Autopia. It's what today's youth refer to as "old and stupid".

Reactions: Scott W.

This is where you politely point out how many attractions are family-friendly at WDW.

Reactions: Ashhanbre