Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just looked through my Twitter feed and saw all the pictures of Toothsome and it prompted me to look at some of the older pictures of Citywalk I have. WOW! Between this, NBC, Cowfish, Antojito's, etc. Citywalk has improved leaps and bounds in the 5 years I've lived here in Orlando. What an amazing transformation all around.

Bravo Universal on creating such amazing upgrades to compliment the parks and resorts and really take the property to the next level.

Chocolate Mousse and an Irish Coffee.

image.jpg

It's such an original idea, they HAD to have got the idea from some guy in Ohio...

chocolate-world-at-pennsylvania-th.jpg
Am I missing something, or are you talking about some guy in Lancaster county Pennsylvania?

Also these are literally the most expensive milkshakes I have ever seen. Deserts have moved into outrageous territory. I'm sure they are good and probably quite huge, but I'm sure a lot of people don't actually want to eat the equivalent of 2 or 3 deserts just to try something and milkshakes aren't the most shareable option. Food prices seem ok though. The are banking on the fact that everyone eating there will be much more likely to get an expensive desert no doubt.

I'm actually looking forward to the food and atmosphere more than the desserts and drinks. If you skip the latter this sounds like a decent value at a unique venue.

Rope-dropped today, with every blogger and lifestyler in Orlando, and plenty of tourists who just wandered up besides. Line for table quickly grew t0 1.5 hours, with 40 minute waits for dessert, they ran out of chocolate ice cream just 2 hours into open.

That said ... very high on this place. The drink menu is the highlight. Loved Florida Brewing's Too Chocolate Stout--surprisingly light for a stout, smooth with a definite chocolate flavor. Also had a chocolate old fashioned--took some getting used to but I'm a fan, sampled the chocolate mule and the very old fashioned and liked those as well. This menu is basically what Disney was going for with Abracadabar. Unique modern twists on old standards. The freshly grated white chocolate used as a garnish is amazing.

Food menu is clearly inspired by Cheesecake Factory--it's even presented as a book. I found the quality of the entrees on a par with one of the higher end chains--Bonefish probably the best example (or CF, natch). Not on a Boathouse fine dining level, but better than Applebees/Chilis/Tipsy McStagger's. For the price--most everything $16ish or less, before AP discount--that's a bargain.

@ReelJustice will be happy to know probably half the entrees/apps incorporate chocolate in some way. For example, the wings are basted in a reduced chocolate stout/coffee glaze. BTW, you get like 9 for your order, not 3.

Dessert portions are not as outrageous as the initial wave of pics suggested. The milkshakes are about the size you'd get at Steak & Shake, once you strip away the garnishes. Similarly, friend and I each had a sundae--it's not a Kitchen Sink, probably not even a No Way Jose. It's a 2-scoop sundae with a ton of whipped cream, other garnishes (all of which were high quality). Ice cream was good, not best ever--peanut butter better than vanilla. But presentation was over-the-top, made it feel like you were getting more than just ice cream. Whoever described this as the "Instagram restaurant" nailed it.

Atmosphere was very well done, little details everywhere. The walk-around characters were fun, tho Penelope seemed to do more rounds than the robot. Service was impeccable, other than the kitchen delays which I can forgive the first day.

I see this quickly becoming the go-to celebration spot for birthdays, etc. in southwest Orlando. Fun and on the affordable side of fancy.

BTW, I think this has been asked, based on labels in the gift shop, chocolate is from Schakolad, a well known and well respected chocolate company based out of Kissimmee.

Currently working on pictures and video.

Just wanted to chime in that I found my experience overall to be a highly positive one. A few misses, but not something that brings down the restaurant. Mostly, wasn't a fan of the chocolate-style alcoholic beverages (like the Mule), the bread was OK, and the wings while good, needed a bit more spice/kick IMO. Very high on the Too Chocolate Stout, the Pork Belly Sliders, and the TOTCHOS!!

Still... Big thumbs up from me. Will post more later when I'm not so busy.

The menu is extensive! I was thinking I would skip out on apps to make it to dessert but then.. totchos. Looking forward to my first visit.