Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Braved the dessert line during my visit a couple of weeks ago, around 8:30-9PM. Got the brownie milkshake.

To sum things up: The milkshakes look as good in person as they do in the pictures. The wait wasn't terrible, only about 20 minutes, but with as many people as there were there it wasn't bad. The brownie on top of the milkshake wasn't so great, but the shake itself was pretty darn good.

Wish I would've gotten a chance to eat dinner there, the place looks great inside and out!

Reactions: Mike S
We were first in today for National Chocolate Day and got to try the 'for one day only' Jacque's shake. Absolutely delicious!! Only advice I really have about this place is to share starters and maybe even mains, the portions are all huge!
View attachment 3296

Nice to see someone went out and got the blob of paint off the outside of the window.

I had a thought about Toothsome earlier. It's been wildly successful, way more than I had expected.

Do you think it would have been as successful if it had been based on the Willa Wonka IP?

Obviously attaching a project to a popular IP works but I don't think it would have worked as well here. I think if it had been Willa Wonka'a chocolate factory, the menu wouldn't have been as creative nor do I think the facade would have been as an impressive. I also think it would have been slightly off putting for adults, thinking it would be a restaurant aimed towards kids where as I think Toothsome appeals more to adults.

Just my meandering thoughts for today.

Reactions: tielo
Really? We were racking our brains as to what would be replacing that basketball place. When chocolate was announced, I yelled, "YES! That's IT!" I knew it would be off the charts and a major draw across the lagoon...

Don't get me wrong, I knew it would be a hit but I feel this is exceeding all my expectations. The response on social media has been ridiculous, everybody wants to try a milkshake. I think this has raised the bar so much about what to expect from a CityWalk restaurant.

Reactions: Andysol and Joel
I ate here the other night for the first time. Got the Tatchos as an appetizers which were great. The Entree was a bit of a let down. I got a Bacon Burger and and honestly I couldn't even taste the burger half the time because the bun was stale, making it pretty hard and tough to get to the meat. It wasn't a bad meal overall, but it wasn't anything I was overly impressed with, either.

I had a thought about Toothsome earlier. It's been wildly successful, way more than I had expected.

Do you think it would have been as successful if it had been based on the Willa Wonka IP?

Obviously attaching a project to a popular IP works but I don't think it would have worked as well here. I think if it had been Willa Wonka'a chocolate factory, the menu wouldn't have been as creative nor do I think the facade would have been as an impressive. I also think it would have been slightly off putting for adults, thinking it would be a restaurant aimed towards kids where as I think Toothsome appeals more to adults.

Just my meandering thoughts for today.
An IP is fun but can limitate creativity and likeability (like people who are personally effected by Jimmy Fallon for instance). This has wide appeal and calls to me to eat there.

Reactions: Scott W.