Trademarks | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Trademarks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was it really that unsuccessful?
It wasn't successful enough for Universal to warrant continuing to do it from what I know. It didn't draw that many people staying in hotel rooms, but merely AP holders who wanted to cosplay. They also weren't getting any new film attendees. It was the same ole, same ole bottom of the barrel from the Potter universe that they always get to be involved. I remember Fantastic Beasts 2 had a film coming out the last year of the event and there was almost no mention of it at the event. Having some of that cast there would've made it feel like they were focusing on the future a bit while also looking at the past, but they didn't even get FB cast out for this thing.

It also wasn't that much of a "convention". There was a few speakers and a showcase in a sound stage or two, but there wasn't anything overly special about the event that you *had* to be there to see (kinda like Hyperspace Hoopla was for SWW was the must see thing... as much of a hot mess as it was).

Reactions: RevFreako
I wasn't successful enough for Universal to warrant continuing to do it from what I know. It didn't draw that many people staying in hotel rooms, but merely AP holders who wanted to cosplay. They also weren't getting any new film attendees. It was the same ole, same ole bottom of the barrel from the Potter universe that they always get to be involved. I remember Fantastic Beasts 2 had a film coming out the last year of the event and there was almost no mention of it at the event. Having some of that cast there would've made it feel like they were focusing on the future a bit while also looking at the past, but they didn't even get FB cast out for this thing.

It also wasn't that much of a "convention". There was a few speakers and a showcase in a sound stage or two, but there wasn't anything overly special about the event that you *had* to be there to see (kinda like Hyperspace Hoopla was for SWW was the must see thing... as much of a hot mess as it was).

Fair enough. It never appealed to me, I'd rather go to a more general con like Spooky Empire, myself.

I thought they had a milkshake bar on the islands of adventure end of the gift shop maybe they're gonna name it.
They could be planning a seperate entrance for the Milkshake Bar in Hollywood.

Or a fun thought is taking the concept nationwide in "Lifestyle Centers/Destination Malls" like The Grove in LA, Mall of America, or Disney Springs, haha. Ok, probably not that last one.

That could still happen if it hits. Is the Philly venue only open during events or will it have regular hours do you think?
It’s inside the venue, so it won’t operate if events aren’t going on. There is a site called Xfinity Live that operates right outside this venue with bars and restaurants which is where I could envision a second location popping up if it proves popular enough.

Reactions: JoeCamel