Transformers "Cybertron" Prequel | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers "Cybertron" Prequel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Deadline is reporting that Paramount is greenlighting an animated prequel of Transformers, set in Cybertron; focusing on the story of the relationship--of Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Josh Cooley (Toy Story 4) is directing the animated film, with Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari (Ant-Man and The Wasp) co-writing the film; with no release.

My thoughts in a nutshell:

We need a buddy cop type Transformers movie where Optimus and Megatron are forced to team up and fight crime.

I think this could be the best Transformers film we got

Its not a perfect film or anything but its a fun ride.

This film very much is set up, many characters are going to be much closer to what OG fans want in the next film but....without spoiling the film we get most of the major transformerss you'd want to see in a first film and the animation is nice to look at, some fun action scenes...the jokes are very hit or miss for me

But I would say if you want a fun action film this should be something most people enjoy
We get a Film with Starscream, Megatron, Soundwave and Shcok wave as bad guys....yeah love it.

Megatron transformation into Villain works...I'm surprised it does but he goes from rule follower to villain the minute he see's how this world operates...and I can understand it. Not that I would kill my best friend but I at least under his hate for those who put them into this system and lied about it

The Spider Robot lady was badass...RIP.

I'm excited for a sequel or series to follow these characters....very excited to see what a sequel looks like