Transformers: The Ride - 3D | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hah... do I even want to know what your ride count is?

Sadly I don't go to USH as much as I'd like, so it took a year & 6 months to get my 100 rides (and I'm content with this number lol)... however, in Orlando, I rode Transformers 200 times in roughly less than a year. Most times I rode it in one day was 32 times (during soft opening).. most times I've ridden it here in one day I believe is 15 times haha.

I don't think the USH staff is used to seeing people ride the rides here multiple times like they are in Orlando.

No... no, we were totally used to seeing people ride over and over and over. Especially on an extremely dead day. We clocked someone at nearly 100 rides one day alone.

I never counted my ride count, mostly because it was rarely for pleasure. If I had to guess, it's in the 300s to 400s. Although I know my ride count for USF's TF: 1. That was enough. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah okay... the current TM's don't seem to be as used to it or amused by it, at least that's what it seemed like to me. Probably newbies or something. Its like they'd be all "again???"... and my go-to response is always "Its either the Starway or this". Some have brought up Mummy and I'm just like "Um... have you seen their operations? They're slow".

That's a shame: as TMs they shouldn't be saying anything at all, but it doesn't surprise me. When your park either has two levels, busy as hell or dead as hell, well you get kind of lazy on patrolling behavior of team members.

Not to say there aren't good eggs, but well... USH still has a ways to go with customer service that isn't related to goddamn jellybeans.

Reactions: DonRaf and Wesker69
I've actually always gotten the "again???" remark for many years from team members when I repeat a ride on the lower ride more than twice. I wanna be like "Do you even know the attraction count at the park...? It's not big." lol

Usually the JPRA team members are the most enthusiastic about it though :)

Yea.. I think the JPRA TM's are probably just thankful to have someone actually want to ride it lol... poor JPRA...

The Lower Lot has the only 3 rides in the park that DON'T have a pre-show, except for the Silly Swirly of course. So it makes repeat rides a lot more enticing. Definitely one thing I miss about Orlando (well.. that and having Finnegans right next to Transformers :D )

I didn't even bother going down to the Lower Lot sunday night after the crappy attitude I got from a few of the TF TM's the night before. Of course the wet/cold weather also helped keep me on the Upper Lot as well haha..

Little late with this but there was a nice event for Transformers legends on Feb 02.  Cake Masters (a Food Network TV series) worked with Hasbro Studios to throw a birthday party for Peter Cullen (right), the film/TV voice of Optimus Prime and Frank Welker (left), the film/TV voice of Megatron.  Both very nice men and great actors.  Duff and his team from the TV show created a huge cake with the two characters that transforms.  Steve Davis (center), chief creative officer at Hasbro was there to salute the two stars.  Park guests headed into the attraction had no idea what was going on, but those who recognized the actors were thrilled to see them in person.  The cake was cool, too.  The actors who voice the characters in the theme parks were also in attendance.

Transformers_020216_1.jpg
Transformers_020216_2.jpg

Duff offered cake to both Optimus and Megatron.  As I recall, Megatron dropped his.

Transformers_020216_3.jpg

Just a sliver of the behind-the-scenes folks it takes to shoot a few scenes of the show.  Look for the episode on TV.

Transformers_020216_4.jpg

Reactions: BernardMesa
Rode this while at the park this past tuesday... the screens still look like crap. The one ("up") VTU screen was still a wonderful shade of yellow-ish green. Is it really that difficult to make this ride look great & keep it that way?....

Everyone is spazzing about Potter soft opening today... and all I can think is... "gee, so how long will it take for FJ's screens to "go green"... i mean, afterall, "green is universal""... Seriously though, it will be interesting to see what happens with FJ's screens since it will be 3D...

Hope they get that one VTU screen corrected... only rode it once, so not sure how the other 2 VTU screens looked.

Reactions: DonRaf
FJ will be protected by WB, especially after the mess that happened with it in Orlando. They sure as hell are going to keep on Uni's butt about them.

As for TF... eh, I can take it or leave it. :p

Yeah, those greenish screens are becoming quite irritating. The last one at the end has improved, but the screen in the first elevator is completely jacked up. I'm hoping they don't let this slide for too long.

Transformers has had a really long wait the days I've been to the park this month. I've been in the line during this time, and it hardly moves. The time I went two weeks ago, the lined moved four steps every three minutes. When I finally arrived at the boarding station, the cars waited 2 minutes until they go. (I actually recorded the time I was in the line and got 2 hours and five minutes when the wait time said 90 minutes).

Today, I went inside the single rider line which had a lot of people already so it started at the entrance and it never moved for 5 minutes when I had entered. People were sitting down and I just decided to leave and as I left, there was an announcer that had stated that ride was closed due to overcapacity. So what do you guys thing about this?

Huh, weird. I have been recently seeing over 90 minutes waits waits while everything else is less than 30 minutes. I think Transformers really needs a refurb. If they wanted, they could do an around 1 month refurb directly after spring break. But since it is Universal, probably not. lol Also, how can a ride close due to overcapacity? BTW, welcome to the forums @GoodO'lDays!

Reactions: Aaron and chris.g
Yeah, definitely think the ride is operating at half capacity. If you check the wait times, you can see everything has 25 mins or less, while Transformers has 50.  

Reactions: Ryan and Alexshow.