Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Hell must have frozen over because I just saw fog after the flight scene. Not quite as much as I'd like, but hey, the effect has been down for over a month IIRC. Gotta start somewhere. Not sure if the complaint I submitted a few days ago had anything to do with it. I also mentioned two effects on Gringotts - one of which is working great now while the other is still down. Regardless, great to see improvement.

Pretty sure I saw that test area in action in a making of IOA video once. It was probably built as a "proving ground" so the designers could see what it would be like for the guests in the vehicle and see how the screens would need to be designed.

BUMP!

i hope this is okay to bump, but i read most of this thread over the last week, and it is awesome.

Disneyhead, last week, said something about the way this ride came to USF, and i had to look it up.

The "Transformers In Orlando" story is a fascinating tale of dumping tax money, evictions, and an impressive display of "Fast Tracking".

Holy crap!

Highlights:
  • Teebin knowing everything (what's new)
  • Less than one year between demolition of SS44 and the ride opening
  • It not being announced until it was basically done
  • It being figured out here based on code in the Flash countdown! (my favorite)
  • Briman, Hocketman55, Andy, Ash, Themeparkvigilante, bobwadd, and many others (i skipped every 3 pages or so) providing pics on a daily basis
  • Optimus Prime wrapped up on his back!
  • What a time-capsule!
Oh i wish i was around for that. That said, i love this forum. And (as i have said many times), you all helped me get into Kong softs, VB w/ a plan, and Fallon w/ a plan.

Cheers to everyone here! :cheers:

Oh i wish i was around for that. That said, i love this forum. And (as i have said many times), you all helped me get into Kong softs, VB w/ a plan, and Fallon w/ a plan.
It was a pretty exciting time. I remember everyday at the park they were running dump trucks and construction vehicles through and having to stop guest traffic. Then leaving HHN at 2am and seeing the welding taking place as you walked out.

BUMP!

i hope this is okay to bump, but i read most of this thread over the last week, and it is awesome.

Disneyhead, last week, said something about the way this ride came to USF, and i had to look it up.

Holy crap!

Highlights:
  • Teebin knowing everything (what's new)
  • Less than one year between demolition of SS44 and the ride opening
  • It not being announced until it was basically done
  • It being figured out here based on code in the Flash countdown! (my favorite)
  • Briman, Hocketman55, Andy, Ash, Themeparkvigilante, bobwadd, and many others (i skipped every 3 pages or so) providing pics on a daily basis
  • Optimus Prime wrapped up on his back!
  • What a time-capsule!

Cheers to everyone here! :cheers:
Yes, when you look back at everything, especially the circumstances and the speedy demolition & construction schedule, it was amazing. What happened will probably never be duplicated again....And to add to that, they even sneaked in a Springfield redo that Universal wouldn't talk about until they opened it.

It was a pretty exciting time. I remember everyday at the park they were running dump trucks and construction vehicles through and having to stop guest traffic. Then leaving HHN at 2am and seeing the welding taking place as you walked out.

Yes, when you look back at everything, especially the circumstances and the speedy demolition & construction schedule, it was amazing. What happened will probably never be duplicated again....And to add to that, they even sneaked in a Springfield redo that Universal wouldn't talk about until they opened it.

Ha! The pics of the dump trucks in New York are astounding!

This was happening right as i was getting back into theme park-ing, and of course we did WDW first. i just missed what looks like the most exciting thing ever. Glad i'm a UOAP holder now, though.

just another day in the park...this was when I first started going back to UoR...the first time seeing the parks with/through the eyes of our daughter...in the mean time, not sure what happened to my FlckR account after the ATT/Verison/Yahoo something or other...so not sure if photos I've shared there (for this site)...not sure where those links are anymore ;-)

35427720731_9661029201_b.jpg

guess the good news is that it didn't drive us away....I think, at the time, it was refreshing to see 'something different'

just another day in the park...this was when I first started going back to UoR...the first time seeing the parks with/through the eyes of our daughter...in the mean time, not sure what happened to my FlckR account after the ATT/Verison/Yahoo something or other...so not sure if photos I've shared there (for this site)...not sure where those links are anymore ;-)

35427720731_9661029201_b.jpg

guess the good news is that it didn't drive us away....I think, at the time, it was refreshing to see 'something different'
And just think, since you took that picture, all of this has happened/opened:

- Transformers (obviously)
- Springfield (Kang & Kodos' Twirls & Hurl + Moe's, etc)
- CityWalk Makeover
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- Hogwarts Express
- Escape from Gringotts
- A Celebration of Harry Potter (annual)
- Hulk re-do
- Sapphire Falls Resort
- Reign of Kong
- Race Through New York
- Volcano Bay
- Bought 450+ acres near I-Drive/Convention Center

Under Construction/beginning soon:
- F&F: Supercharged
- Aventura Hotel
- Dry & Tame
- Super Nintendo World

Needless to say, Comcast has gone full in on Orlando.

And just think, since you took that picture, all of this has happened/opened:

- Transformers (obviously)
- Springfield (Kang & Kodos' Twirls & Hurl + Moe's, etc)
- CityWalk Makeover
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- Hogwarts Express
- Escape from Gringotts
- A Celebration of Harry Potter (annual)
- Hulk re-do
- Sapphire Falls Resort
- Reign of Kong
- Race Through New York
- Volcano Bay
- Bought 450+ acres near I-Drive/Convention Center

Under Construction/beginning soon:
- F&F: Supercharged
- Aventura Hotel
- Dry & Tame
- Super Nintendo World

Needless to say, Comcast has gone full in on Orlando.

To be fare, we did stop going to Disney around that time. I missed Magic Bands, 7 dwawrfs mine train (though I had an employee that was standing in front of the concept art that it would be the longest coaster at any Disney park, I got to ride Snow White one last time, we missed a lot of temp shows, the changes to Norway, and now Pandora....not to mention finally doing something with DTD and Pandora, new parade, new fireworks, new Soaring movie.

I think that about covers it.

Apologies to the Hollywood people if this is Hollywood and not Orlando.

I really have to give credit to Universal for the actors in the suits as they're doing a fine job. This would have blown my mind as a kid.
We stop & watch Transformer M&G every time we're in the area. The Raptor M&G & the Donkey/Shrek M&G are also highly entertaining and nearly impossible to walk by without stopping and watching.....We had a great time at the Raptor M&G last year. Not only did the handler take some great pictures of us with our smartphone, but she surprised us and ran a nice video with appropriate background music, with our smartphone. We didn't expect that, and it was really great of the Raptor Handler to do that on their own. Great people at Universal. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Last time I rode the ride the screens felt less clear than the rest of the rides at the resort. Anyone else notice this?

What is the purpose of the little over-hang thing that is connected to the building, and across from the meet-and-greet? Were they going to sell the "Transformers drink" out of there?