Triplets of Terror (HHN 33) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Triplets of Terror (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It means

1) This is this year’s gore house.
2) They’re goring up a pretty town for this house.
3) It’s basically a generic slasher house.

There’s a lot of meaning in it.
Do you know what people are working on this house? Like what other houses they've done? I asked you the other day about the team who did Dead Man's Pier/Blood-Moon what house they're doing this year and you didn't answer so if you can't say it's alright lol

Edit: sorry for asking

Last edited:
Do you know what people are working on this house? Like what other houses they've done? I asked you the other day about the team who did Dead Man's Pier/Blood-Moon what house they're doing this year and you didn't answer so if you can't say it's alright lol
Its usually the same crew Charles Gray and others.
So The Strangers meets Resident Evil 7?
Strangers meets the firefly fly clan but like its been said before, this is definitely something they'd do back in the day.

“Gorey birthday party” is a good premise with a lot of potential, so if they lean into that, great! It just seems they aren’t taking a particularly interesting angle on that concept.

I agree that Strangers and Zombie would not be appealing concepts, but I’m not sure sanding off the serial numbers make them that much more intriguing.

Still, one of the stronger line-ups of originals I can remember.
A gory birthday party, that centers on the birthday party, is a clever idea.

This is a murder spree with cake and balloons. The execution of this house wouldn’t change with or without the birthday angle. For the last week, I thought it was wedding-related because of tiered cakes all over the house.

“Gorey birthday party” is a good premise with a lot of potential, so if they lean into that, great! It just seems they aren’t taking a particularly interesting angle on that concept.
Not trying to be rude or anything - but where exactly you are getting the idea that "it seems they aren't taking an interesting angle"?

We literally got a logo and a vague description lol

Minor detail, but the anatomy on the triplet on the left is odd - looks a bit AI.

In response to CodeMan - if I can get hyped by a blurb and logo for Goblin and Sweet and Museum, I can be let down by one for Triplets. Also - I tend to trust Legacy.

Usual caveat - looks like a great event overall.

Happens every year and we never learn lol. We're basing an entire house on three short sentences, a title, and a single piece of art.
Which we also do for houses we’re excited for.

I don’t recall the reaction to Bloodmoon being overly negative - more curious. The blurb established a strong, unique setting.

Reactions: Grabnar
Which we also do for houses we’re excited for.

I don’t recall the reaction to Bloodmoon being overly negative - more curious. The blurb established a strong, unique setting.
The Bloodmoon thread was nearly identical to this on the first few pages. Lots of "seems generic", "unless there's a twist, seems meh", etc. takes right out the gate. These are all from Page 1:

"Unfortunately I don’t have high hopes for it. It’s a cult house that could be fun but it never worked well before."
"My question is, does this house have some sort of twist or special scare tactics we are not being told about? It just seems fairly generic on paper."
"The plot offered just seems so one note"
"Adding cosmic creatures - making Dark Moon something more like Universal's take on "Bloodborne" - would be a great twist. I'm not convinced that's what's happening here, unfortunately."

Everyone is always free to react to announcements accordingly. I'm certainly not here to stop anyone. But it is an annual tradition for fans to have immediate hot-take reactions that they end up 180'ing on which is always funny to watch.

The Bloodmoon thread was nearly identical to this on the first few pages. Lots of "seems generic", "unless there's a twist, seems meh", etc. takes right out the gate. These are all from Page 1:

"Unfortunately I don’t have high hopes for it. It’s a cult house that could be fun but it never worked well before."
"My question is, does this house have some sort of twist or special scare tactics we are not being told about? It just seems fairly generic on paper."
"Adding cosmic creatures - making Dark Moon something more like Universal's take on "Bloodborne" - would be a great twist. I'm not convinced that's what's happening here, unfortunately."

Everyone is always free to react to announcements accordingly. I'm certainly not here to stop anyone. But it is an annual tradition for fans to have immediate hot-take reactions that they end up 180'ing on which is always funny to watch.
Same everything else that happens lol, the house could be seen as a sleeper hit for sure, I think it'll garner a fanbase for it.

Reactions: theuberguberman

A side note here - one of the less attractive things on this board is how constantly certain high-profile posters feel the need to assert their superiority to “fans” or, at least, the “wrong sort” of fans. It’s an odd elitism.

We’re all posting on a theme park message board. We’re all fans. Embrace it!

A side note here - one of the less attractive things on this board is how constantly certain high-profile posters feel the need to assert their superiority to “fans” or, at least, the “wrong sort” of fans. It’s an odd elitism.

We’re all posting on a theme park message board. We’re all fans. Embrace it!
My man... I'm having a hearty chuckle watching a yearly tradition of spec occur. It's part of embracing the silliness of fan culture! I'm doing exactly what you want. I promise there's no depth to me saying "this happens every year. you silly kids might just love this one! Never know!" It's light discussion. No elitism here. I've had far too many trash predicitions on my own end to ever see myself as above any of that.

Considering I'm one of the people you're quoting here, I'm pretty happy to eat my hat - Blood Moon was one of my favorites last year. To my credit, though, the finale... monstrosity was fairly Bloodborne-esque!

Considering I'm one of the people you're quoting here, but I'm pretty happy to eat my hat - Blood Moon was one of my favorites last year. To my credit, though, the finale... monstrosity was fairly Bloodborne-esque!
Hey, we've all done it haha! Like I said, I've absolutely had my fair share of predicting a house dead last only for it to top my list. It's tradition! And hell yeah it was! The finale was an incredible surprise. You absolutely love to see it.