TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thank Christ this thing is opening, I'm soooo tired of hearing about it lol

I wonder if this is the longest attraction construction timeline in Disney history?

It's kind of its own metaphor at this point

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I'll wait for three or four years to ride it. It's not worth a long long wait for a tad over one minute coaster ride. Lights are nice though. :grin:....

I have missed on Hagrid's two years running due to line length or downtime. I actually miss riding it since I was able to ride it one time prior. Nothing about this ride screams, "You're missing out on something awesome." Will it be enjoyable? Yes but not "can't miss".

I have missed on Hagrid's two years running due to line length or downtime. I actually miss riding it since I was able to ride it one time prior. Nothing about this ride screams, "You're missing out on something awesome." Will it be enjoyable? Yes but not "can't miss".
I think this is the worst part. Disney build schedules are always obtusely long, but it's the fact that we aren't waiting 5 years for Rise or Hagrids. We waited this long for something that honestly isn't that interesting.

I think this is the worst part. Disney build schedules are always obtusely long, but it's the fact that we aren't waiting 5 years for Rise or Hagrids. We waited this long for something that honestly isn't that interesting.

Agreed, I'll admit this whole ordeal is fascinating since this is one of the rare times where it honestly feels like the hype for a coaster has been legit hampered by taking so long to arrive. This thing had legit hype when it was first announced, but a string of things happened...

- Uni built and opened Hagrid, a bigger motorbike coaster which quite frankly blew a lot of people away and set quite a standard in the area.
- Not helping the matter, Uni then built and opened VelociCoaster, another big coaster with quite a bit of theming so it hammered how slow Tron was going for a clone that's not even at long as either side of Space Mountain next door.
- Finally, over on WDW's own side, they opened Cosmic Rewind which is notably a bigger and more impressive coaster.

If Tron opened in a timely fashion, I probably would've gone out of my way to see it. But now? I'll go on it next time I'm at the MK, but I'm not going out my way to see it like I did for the above three coasters mentioned.

Opening Cosmic Rewind before Tron will always be a weird decision to me. Guardians should have been the big finale to the EPCOT project, and Tron will just be compared to Cosmic Rewind in the worst way possible (that coaster is much longer and much more ambitious). And with the new EPCOT entrance and Guardians 3 coming this year, it would have made a lot more sense to flip the opening years.

Reactions: belloq87
In a perfect world, no timelines would have change, no pandemics or shutdowns would have occurred.

Regardless, thank goodness this thing is finally opening.

This is my tron for the time being . View attachment 18104

Having done both, it's essentially the same ride. lol And both super fun. Don't sleep on Tron, especially at night. Again, if it's the same as Shanghai, it's one of those attractions that really starts in the queue. I'm excited it's finally here.

Now, to be able to get on it at a park that has double the attendance of SHDL and hasn't had another new ride in 9 years...

Reactions: belloq87
Having done both, it's essentially the same ride. lol And both super fun. Don't sleep on Tron, especially at night. Again, if it's the same as Shanghai, it's one of those attractions that really starts in the queue. I'm excited it's finally here.

Now, to be able to get on it at a park that has double the attendance of SHDL and hasn't had another new ride in 9 years...

And I'm ready for it...

pop.jpg

...and hasn't had another new ride in 9 years...

Oh my god, you're right..

db0.jpg

Most popular theme park in America. To be fair, it is the definite most well-rounded park of the four by a country mile, but even still.

And get ready for the next new ride here to open in 2027 or later given the lack of non-Blue Sky announcements and the current build schedules. :yawn:

Reactions: RFRees
Thank Christ this thing is opening, I'm soooo tired of hearing about it lol

I wonder if this is the longest attraction construction timeline in Disney history?

It's kind of its own metaphor at this point

The original Haunted Mansion took 7 years.

And get ready for the next new ride here to open in 2027 or later given the lack of non-Blue Sky announcements and the current build schedules. :yawn:

Well, technically speaking, a new ride is (tentatively) opening next year.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Disneyhead
Well the 50th was a dud so they needed something to clear the stench out. Aside from pre-planned rides opening during the timeframe, nothing about the "celebration" looked like they even tried to celebrate the resort.

Somehow they did it - they managed to make a 50th worse than DL with MORE planning. Amazing.

Oh my god, you're right..

db0.jpg

Most popular theme park in America. To be fair, it is the definite most well-rounded park of the four by a country mile, but even still.

You know what's also sad? They've closed one attraction since construction started (Stitch).

That sign behind the Tron test seats didn't fit down the ramp at work and required two forklifts and a lot of 2x4s to move. If you can guess how the darker hexagons stay dark with the sign lit up you are a galaxy brain because I couldn't figure it out till I saw it in person.

Reactions: Nico
Well, technically speaking, a new ride is (tentatively) opening next year.
I've ridden Splash a hundred times, I mean something entirely new like Tron or the New Fantasyland expansions. We are a decade out from NFL, but at least that was a brand new land with 2 major rides, a highly themed show and restaurant, a rethemed kids area with an expansion to a historic popular ride that desperately needed it. In that 10 years since then, what've we gotten? Muppet's in Liberty Square for a year or two? Inconsistent and practically ignorable Tommorowland theming changes? 10 years from now, what will we have to look back on when it comes to expansion at MK? Will we have anything besides Tron, PatF Splash, and a few more temporary nighttime shows or parades?