Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand? | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think people are skipping because there isn't much to do. Wasn't the studios park not doing well and everything it had was IP attractions. People don't want to pay that much for a glorified zoo. They added one of the biggest and most reconizible IP's we know of today and it still isn't pulling in the numbers. Ya'll say it's the lack of IP's but I say it's the lack of bang for your buck.
I thought AK was always dead last even when DHS was less. DHS I actually know people who liked it even before the expansions but wouldn't touch AK. Because there was no big thing to draw them but Pandora changed that for them.
Yup. And if the plans are true for Zootopia to move into Tree of Life, Indy to replace Dinosaur, and Encanto, we're only netting 1 new attraction. Back to the drawing board, guys & gals. This park needs more.
I don't think we know yet what the plans are and we should all wait until they are announced. Even replacements will help because right now some of these rides are not at capacity because people do not want to ride them.
To me, adding to Magic Kingdom is not about creating new draws for additional guests. It's about spreading the crowds out and lowering wait times (a bit).
Yes! This is a concept I wish Universal would get. I feel both their parks need way more capacity.

The famed WDWMagic poster and rumormonger Marni has hinted (implied, intimated at the notion of, put into play the idea, not confirmed, etc), that the Encanto ride may be a boat ride.

EDIT: Yes dear reader, I too am somewhat puzzled that, if this is true, all the near-term rumored rides seem to be water rides (Moana, Encanto, Lion King). Could be a strategic leak, obviously, but Marni seemed to have consciously detached from the WDW fan community for a period of years due to disappointment with the direction of the parks. Lending credence to a rumor is thus an interesting development from him.

EDIT 2: I'm also going to pre-empt any jokes about DHS still not having a boat ride by saying, lol, get wrecked DHS.

Last edited:
The famed WDWMagic poster and rumormonger Marni has hinted (implied, intimated at the notion of, put into play the idea, not confirmed, etc), that the Encanto ride may be a boat ride.

EDIT: Yes dear reader, I too am somewhat puzzled that, if this is true, all the near-term rumored rides seem to be water rides (Moana, Encanto, Lion King). Could be a strategic leak, obviously, but Marni seemed to have consciously detached from the WDW fan community for a period of years due to disappointment with the direction of the parks. Lending credence to a rumor is thus an interesting development from him.

EDIT 2: I'm also going to pre-empt any jokes about DHS still not having a boat ride by saying, lol, get wrecked DHS.
Everything Disney/Iger has said since coming back has pointed/hinted at their need to increase park capacity and how poorly they've expanded their parks to match attendance changes appropriately. Boat rides are some of, if not, the highest capacity offerings available.

It makes sense that the two expansion projects for DAK (excl. dino revamp) are some of the more reliable high-capacity ride systems Disney has (Omnimover and Boat Ride). Even though DAK needs a lot more than just a retheme and 2 new rides, making those two new rides high-capacity will help improve things dramatically.

WDW’s Boat Ride Bonanza, confirmed lol

WDW had three trackless rides in various stages of construction at one time, too. Seems design teams get a bit fixated on an overlapping approach sometimes. I happen to like boat (dark) rides, so this wouldn't bother me.

That said, it is a little weird that we could plausibly have Jungle Cruise, Moana, Pirates, and Bayou Adventure all in a row (more or less) on one side of Magic Kingdom in a few years.

(It's not too late to switch gears and bring Journey to the Center of the Earth to Adventureland, instead!)

Really? How come? I think it's one of the best attractions Disney has developed and (at least when I rode it in October) it absolutely holds up to modern standards.
While I haven't personally ridden it, I know a chunk of people who feel it's a tad overrated. While they felt the lava monster AA is really good, the ride is ridiculously short with not much to it.

I fully pictured Encanto being our version of Mystic Manor from HKDL for la casita.

But if they want to keep the boat ride bonanza going, there's still hope for Coco in Gran Fiesta Tour too.